iHeat 510 Heater Cartridge

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Finally completed the move and almost have the shop up and running again. Has been a big challenge integrating my equipment w/ my late fathers already filled shop space. Keeping the dust contained is vital.

@Melting Pot - Thanks for posting the photos. Hope you have been enjoying it.

@PPN - Those roasting tubes look great. @Aezhenn does a great job. It is not easy to get the glass tubes to fit into the wood since the diameter varies a bit. The great thing about this style of wooden tube is that they will fit multiple vaporizers.

I have not worked w/ sorb wood before. Supposed to be a dense wood, so it should turn well.

@BestBuds - The wait for a custom iHeat is still about 24 months. Hoping to have some maple, walnut, and cherry wood units available as soon as I get the shop up and running again.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I read most of your recent posts on box mods. Its where I learned the most. As always, thank you buddy!

I got a wismec predator and ravage for rather cheap locally. Both for $60 delivered. Although the Ravage has not shipped. May be a problem. I may look for an alternative in the Snowwolf Vfeng that i can get for $20 delivered locally. Seems to be the same thing.

I know next to nothing about box mods although I've been an ecig user since 2008. I'm still using those single button 30W pole shaped type. But alas, the last one is starting to not hold charge so i said screw it, I'm getting a box mod! So i got an excuse to venture into 510 dry vapes LOL.

I understand anything with DNA chips are gonna be pricey and I can just get the above and run Arctic Fox or something similar. Theory wise, I'm good but never tried it or anything similar. I'm pretty sure I'll be more than contented with just wattage control, if I fail to setup the more advanced features. Not really much of a tinker lol.

I agree that it's not the right place but I'm sure Alan won't mind, as it's a discussion related to his product as well. But let's bring this to the iHeat thread bro!

You are right, no big deal, but here we are! Thank you for the kind words my dude

Yeah so most people have reported not the best success trying to set up temp control for the iHeat if it's not DNA... I was lucky enough to get a good deal on mine but it was a little pricey even so... However I think Arctic Fox is great, and I've had good luck with it splinter wise, so I have been wanting to try it with my iHeat (but it is just working so nicely on the dovpo for me!) and Ravage with Red Panda is phenomenal, so yeah I think chances are good you will be able to set something up for effective temp control nevertheless! It may take a little more trial and error for you is all, but I think the predator and ravage are good mods form factor wise, and a dual battery will give you very long usage time with the iHeat!

Vapefanatic

You are right, no big deal, but here we are! Thank you for the kind words my dude

Yeah so most people have reported not the best success trying to set up temp control for the iHeat if it's not DNA... I was lucky enough to get a good deal on mine but it was a little pricey even so... However I think Arctic Fox is great, and I've had good luck with it splinter wise, so I have been wanting to try it with my iHeat (but it is just working so nicely on the dovpo for me!) and Ravage with Red Panda is phenomenal, so yeah I think chances are good you will be able to set something up for effective temp control nevertheless! It may take a little more trial and error for you is all, but I think the predator and ravage are good mods form factor wise, and a dual battery will give you very long usage time with the iHeat!
Great info as always. I'm actually really not someone who likes to tinker much. Only reason I got TC mods and not the regular wattage controlled ones, is because there is not much difference in price. Might as well get the ones with potentially more features, even if I may not use them.

The DNA ones however, is a different story. Huge difference in price over something that is mostly desired by ecig vapor tricksters, if that's what they're called lol. I removed myself from the industry the moment this group of people emerged. Thank God! Lol. Well, the above is at least my own thought process.

The way I look at it, wattage or TC is just a way of changing temps. No reason why wattage can't get the job done as well? Temps have wider and therefore more precise controls though but shouldn't be too big a deal imo. I'll probably try going advanced some day but expect to just be using wattage right out the box. I've had my Mighty for 3 years but have never even tried the dosing capsule. Don't know how long it's gonna take me to change the interface? :lol:

Btw, what i like about iHeat is it's efficiency, not necessary to stir and not a rebuildable atty type, which I absolutely don't wanna learn. Seems to be a different TinyMight type of spiral with ss mesh. I can't remember for sure but i think there are some upgrades to it that adds to the efficiency.

Am not getting one just yet. Waiting for a month for local shipping rush to calm down first lol. I have enough new toys on the way to keep me busy. At the meantime, hoping to learn as much from you all as possible.

Shit Snacks

Great info as always. I'm actually really not someone who likes to tinker much. Only reason I got TC mods and not the regular wattage controlled ones, is because there is not much difference in price. Might as well get the ones with potentially more features, even if I may not use them.

Yeah so actually regardless of using wattage or temp control, the main reason to get the mods you got, using Arctic Fox / Red Panda and being able to customize your experience, primarily adjusting the auto shut-off feature to be longer than 10 seconds! Some have 15, but yeah quite an annoying thing lol

The DNA ones however, is a different story. Huge difference in price over something that is mostly desired by ecig vapor tricksters, if that's what they're called lol. I removed myself from the industry the moment this group of people emerged. Thank God! Lol. Well, the above is at least my own thought process.

Haha it's funny because I don't really know anything about any of that, my introduction to this world is through these vapes! Take a look at this thread if you haven't btw:

The way I look at it, wattage or TC is just a way of changing temps. No reason why wattage can't get the job done as well? Temps have wider and therefore more precise controls though but shouldn't be too big a deal imo.

Yeah so it's not just that really, because using wattage has more of an unregulated vape feel, even though it is regulated... Setting up temp control gives you a little protection, from scorching or combustion, a more even heat with less technique for some. in fact the temperatures are not always that precise, but they do offer more control.

I'll probably try going advanced some day but expect to just be using wattage right out the box. I've had my Mighty for 3 years but have never even tried the dosing capsule. Don't know how long it's gonna take me to change the interface? :lol:

Don't get me wrong though it's totally fine with wattage and quite impressive! Just a bit more manual technique is all, but also setting up temperature control may not be that tough, really it is just adjusting the TCR value up or down until you feel like you are getting accurate feeling temperature performance...

Yeah first thing is plugging into the computer to flash the firmware to AF or RP, that is pretty simple, and then you continue to use that software to set up all the various little features, one of them being the temp control with TCR value, really not complicated though I know it is intimidating for most of us at first!

Also side note I am not a fan of dosing capsules in general, especially those ones!

Btw, what i like about iHeat is it's efficiency, not necessary to stir and not a rebuildable atty type, which I absolutely don't wanna learn.

Oh yeah it is crazy efficient, especially compared to something like the mighty! The power, the efficiency, the taste, really another league. However you may find it pretty necessary to stir, especially in wattage mode, this is another thing that temp control can help with, getting a more even extraction without stirring, so it can also be done with technique and other such control of all the variables, even in wattage mode... There is definitely nothing to rebuild though, I also do not like that, would not want to mess with any of that, and trust me you do not have to even with them control etc.

Seems to be a different TinyMight type of spiral with ss mesh. I can't remember for sure but i think there are some upgrades to it that adds to the efficiency.

It is different, this is a spiral of stainless steel mesh around a steel pin I believe? TM is a steel ribbon spiral around a steel pin with perpendicular ceramic pins I believe? They're both very efficient and very capable, I would say the iHeat is technically more durable though, just steel and wood (TM has quartz tube around heater)

Am not getting one just yet. Waiting for a month for local shipping rush to calm down first lol. I have enough new toys on the way to keep me busy. At the meantime, hoping to learn as much from you all as possible.

Yeah no rush of course, but you do have those mods coming already don't you? Tough to have them and nothing to use them with like this! There's a lot of great info in the thread and some others, plenty to keep you busy while you wait :tup:

Vapefanatic

Yeah so actually regardless of using wattage or temp control, the main reason to get the mods you got, using Arctic Fox / Red Panda and being able to customize your experience, primarily adjusting the auto shut-off feature to be longer than 10 seconds! Some have 15, but yeah quite an annoying thing lol
Haha it's funny because I don't really know anything about any of that, my introduction to this world is through these vapes! Take a look at this thread if you haven't btw:

Yeah so it's not just that really, because using wattage has more of an unregulated vape feel, even though it is regulated... Setting up temp control gives you a little protection, from scorching or combustion, a more even heat with less technique for some. in fact the temperatures are not always that precise, but they do offer more control.

Don't get me wrong though it's totally fine with wattage and quite impressive! Just a bit more manual technique is all, but also setting up temperature control may not be that tough, really it is just adjusting the TCR value up or down until you feel like you are getting accurate feeling temperature performance...

Yeah first thing is plugging into the computer to flash the firmware to AF or RP, that is pretty simple, and then you continue to use that software to set up all the various little features, one of them being the temp control with TCR value, really not complicated though I know it is intimidating for most of us at first!

Also side note I am not a fan of dosing capsules in general, especially those ones!

Oh yeah it is crazy efficient, especially compared to something like the mighty! The power, the efficiency, the taste, really another league. However you may find it pretty necessary to stir, especially in wattage mode, this is another thing that temp control can help with, getting a more even extraction without stirring, so it can also be done with technique and other such control of all the variables, even in wattage mode... There is definitely nothing to rebuild though, I also do not like that, would not want to mess with any of that, and trust me you do not have to even with them control etc.

It is different, this is a spiral of stainless steel mesh around a steel pin I believe? TM is a steel ribbon spiral around a steel pin with perpendicular ceramic pins I believe? They're both very efficient and very capable, I would say the iHeat is technically more durable though, just steel and wood (TM has quartz tube around heater)
I am sold! I guess I can get off my lazy ass and get this done lol! I'll be searching for an idiot proof video guide preferably. Please do share any you know of?

Yeah no rush of course, but you do have those mods coming already don't you? Tough to have them and nothing to use them with like this! There's a lot of great info in the thread and some others, plenty to keep you busy while you wait :tup:
Those mods can be used on my regular ecig tank with eliquid. Its the main reason I bought two. Also helps that I got at least 6 rarely used Samsung 30Q batts. I know they are not as good as Molicel or Sony but is what I have. I got them for free 1-2 years ago but kept them charged every now and then. It'll be a while before they all crap out but I'll change to better ones then.

I have actually been avoiding 510 models intentionally for a while. The name 510 turned me off big time lol. I think the only reason I went for a P80 was because it didn't say 510 LOL. Thinking back, was very silly of me. Its just a stupid name lol. Once I saw through that, have been eyeing the iHeat.

Your replies are always top notch brother! Thank you.

Shit Snacks

I am sold! I guess I can get off my lazy ass and get this done lol! I'll be searching for an idiot proof video guide preferably. Please do share any you know of?

Unfortunately I don't have anything pinned, you'll have to skim through these threads and find it, but it should be in there somewhere! Then always ask, of course, for anything that comes up!

Those mods can be used on my regular ecig tank with eliquid. Its the main reason I bought two. Also helps that I got at least 6 rarely used Samsung 30Q batts. I know they are not as good as Molicel or Sony but is what I have. I got them for free 1-2 years ago but kept them charged every now and then. It'll be a while before they all crap out but I'll change to better ones then.

Oh that is a little old, but they are actually fine, 30Q are a good battery especially to use in a pair (btw though it is best for the batteries to keep them in a pair, use them together charge them together, as if they were one cell...)

I have actually been avoiding 510 models intentionally for a while. The name 510 turned me off big time lol. I think the only reason I went for a P80 was because it didn't say 510 LOL. Thinking back, was very silly of me. Its just a stupid name lol. Once I saw through that, have been eyeing the iHeat.

Haha yeah, atomizer, does not sound like something we want for herbs! I had to get past it too, it is intimidating when you are used to regular vapes, but if you know e-cigs you should take right to it I think!

Your replies are always top notch brother! Thank you.

:D :peace: :tup:

Vapefanatic

Unfortunately I don't have anything pinned, you'll have to skim through these threads and find it, but it should be in there somewhere! Then always ask, of course, for anything that comes up!

Oh that is a little old, but they are actually fine, 30Q are a good battery especially to use in a pair (btw though it is best for the batteries to keep them in a pair, use them together charge them together, as if they were one cell...)

Haha yeah, atomizer, does not sound like something we want for herbs! I had to get past it too, it is intimidating when you are used to regular vapes, but if you know e-cigs you should take right to it I think!

:D :peace: :tup:
I'm seeing several good deals locally, for a Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250C for below $100 delivered. This sounds like something that would work well with the iHeat? Several members have reported good results? Too bad the herbie profiles are gone. Can still find the Splinter ones but no more iHeat. I figure even with just straight wattage mode, the DNA250C should work better? Hope you can share your settings when i get mine?

Shit Snacks

I'm seeing several good deals locally, for a Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250C for below $100 delivered. This sounds like something that would work well with the iHeat? Several members have reported good results? Too bad the herbie profiles are gone. Can still find the Splinter ones but no more iHeat. I figure even with just straight wattage mode, the DNA250C should work better? Hope you can share your settings when i get mine?

Hmm I thought it was one download, that had all the profiles in one, someone had saved the herbie one and really posted it for splinter, but I presumed it also still had the iHeat profile too? No idea where it is where it was posted but it's somewhere here on FC

if you're just going to use wattage, I think there's zero point in shelling out the money for a mod like this... Personally, I don't even like the form factor, but up to you!

And yeah I have no settings to share, I just used that profile and I have no idea what it entails, on my dovpo mono dna75c and my wismec RX dna250...

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Hey y’all. I’m looking for my first 510 vape and I think this might be it. I’m used to some heavy hitting vapes (the supreme, ditanium, ssv43) will this satisfy me for portable use you think? I like my mighty but I wish I could clear the bowl faster. Also how do I order one of these?

GoldenBud

Hey y’all. I’m looking for my first 510 vape and I think this might be it. I’m used to some heavy hitting vapes (the supreme, ditanium, ssv43) will this satisfy me for portable use you think? I like my mighty but I wish I could clear the bowl faster. Also how do I order one of these?
mail him at alan@toasty-top.com
dunno how much time the waitlist is set to, but guessing few monthes

Vapefanatic

Hmm I thought it was one download, that had all the profiles in one, someone had saved the herbie one and really posted it for splinter, but I presumed it also still had the iHeat profile too? No idea where it is where it was posted but it's somewhere here on FC

if you're just going to use wattage, I think there's zero point in shelling out the money for a mod like this... Personally, I don't even like the form factor, but up to you!

And yeah I have no settings to share, I just used that profile and I have no idea what it entails, on my dovpo mono dna75c and my wismec RX dna250...
I found this. Should be what you're referring to?
BE633794-C4C4-4D85-A52A-35DA0BB93081.jpeg
I'll definitely be playing with the stock TC mode of the DNA250C but will also be trying the profiles above to see if it works better? The limited posts I managed to dig out on FC and Reddit seems to be split between using Herbies or stock SS TC mode. I guess shelling out the extra cash will give me the necessary motivation to mess around more lol.

Reading your earlier posts, you tried stock TC settings when you first received your 75C, but quickly found that you prefer Herbie's. I've read some 250C users preferring stock TC settings. I guess I can find out myself which is better for me?

I'm usually more prudent, as you can see from my earlier posts. Just got lucky with some surprise income and my wife allowed a portion of that to treat my VAS :lol:

mail him at alan@toasty-top.com
dunno how much time the waitlist is set to, but guessing few monthes
Quite sure it's way sooner unless the order involves high level of customization or special wood types. From my memory, which is not that good, Maple, Cherry, Walnut, highly figured Walnut and a few more types i believe, only requires assembly and burnoff, before being ready to ship!

@Alan Please make sure a Walnut is reserved for me! :lol::lol::lol:

Vapefanatic,

Shit Snacks

View attachment 5663
I'll definitely be playing with the stock TC mode of the DNA250C but will also be trying the profiles above to see if it works better? The limited posts I managed to dig out on FC and Reddit seems to be split between using Herbies or stock SS TC mode. I guess shelling out the extra cash will give me the necessary motivation to mess around more lol.

Reading your earlier posts, you tried stock TC settings when you first received your 75C, but quickly found that you prefer Herbie's. I've read some 250C users preferring stock TC settings. I guess I can find out myself which is better for me?

I'm usually more prudent, as you can see from my earlier posts. Just got lucky with some surprise income and my wife allowed a portion of that to treat my VAS :lol:

Quite sure it's way sooner unless the order involves high level of customization or special wood types. From my memory, which is not that good, Maple, Cherry, Walnut, highly figured Walnut and a few more types i believe, only requires assembly and burnoff, before being ready to ship!

Yeah I don't think the stock temp settings are useful at all, because they were not designed with this type of heater at all, you know? Just basic little coils for e-cigs... For me the simplest way was to use the FC profiles, but yeah have to hunt and figure it out for yourself unfortunately... But you might like the predator most of all anyway!

Crussell27

Fellow vapor brother
I think you will be extremely satisfied with the potency of the vapor from the Insta Heat 510 vaporizer. I run it from 26 watts to 47 watts, depending on the thickness of the vapor I want and also the overall experience I want. You certainly can get through a bowl in no time at anything above 34 watts.

BlazeDis

Ooh . Might have to go in on one . How does it compare to say , a Splinter Z ?
Does anyone own both ?
Also does it take standard 14/18mm glass stems ?

Vapefanatic

Ooh . Might have to go in on one . How does it compare to say , a Splinter Z ?
Does anyone own both ?
Also does it take standard 14/18mm glass stems ?
I don't have either, at least not yet. My iHeat however, has already been made and will hopefully ship in less than a week.

I hope you don't mind me replying as I did my fair bit of research and have read this entire thread along with several others. If I can save you some time, it'll be my pleasure. If not, I beg your pardon.

From my research, the main differences are:

Heater- SS mesh with foil for iHeat vs ceramic for splinter

Draw Resistance - Very open for iHeat compared to Splinter so techniques will differ

Glue - Non existent for iHeat. Exists for Splinter but not in anywhere hot enough reportedly.

Durability - No inner glass parts for iHeat compared to Splinter

Heat up time - Faster on iHeat than on Splinter so different technique required

Battery consumption - Because of the near instant heatup, iHeat will also enjoy an edge over Splinter with battery life

Flavor/ potency - Splinter seems to have an edge in flavor due to inner glass and slight heatup time, according to most on FC and Reddit. However, potency seems to side with iHeat for the same reasons, instant and no wasted heat.

User base/ resources - The Splinter overwhelmingly has more users and guides/tips/tricks are much more readily available compared to iHeat.

Support - Both are artisan makers but unfortunately, Ryan seems to be living out of a truck in the desert and has contracted repair works to someone else. New units are made from leftover parts. Alan has his own shop situated on a beautiful piece of land. May take him a few days to reply if he is swamped or shoveling snow lol but he'll get back to ya!

Maybe this thread will help?:

shopdognyc

View attachment 5663

Can you share that Splinter DNA profile?Where do you find those files?

GoldenBud

iheatt.jpg

Red Panda, TCR 185, locked to 30W, resistance locked 0.16 less than cold (thanks unklmark), autofire at 185C taste really pure and satisfying. so far tried it up to 220C so far so good.

edit: slow draw 190C the cloud is so HUGE. damn. and not close to combustion

edit: tcr 125, 35W, locked 0.008 under cold resistance, around 190C flavour is unreal, super intense high from 200C haha

Last edited:
Top Bottom