If you had to come up with an amount your life is worth...

How much is your life worth?

• $50,000

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • $80,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $100,000

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • $120,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More...

Votes: 14 87.5%

• Total voters

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
How much would you say its worth? All these numbers are related to my Workman's Comp case. After 3 years of gut-wrenching lies, fraud, incompetence and a medical examiner, who also engaged in all of those things... Plus, originally found no industrial causation, but suddenly changed his mind.

So, how much is your life worth?

For those that don't know, I had a catastrophic event in my life, that 97% of the time is fatal. Plus it did so much damage, I'm firmly entrenched in that rude sounding descriptor... "terminal". I was given 2-10 years guesstimate by the surgeon that saved my life and 3 years in.

BigDaddyVapor,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
My feeling is a person's worth, in the case of lost income, is determined by several things. Their debt is one of them. Then, their age; how many years of "productive" wage earning would there have potentially been? The next thing I would consider is dependants; how many people are dependent on your income or what you could have provided during the working years you have left. In figuring out how much money you are worth, you have to determine what you would have brought in, had this event not happened and how much you and your dependents would have needed to live. :2c:

momofthegoons,
Reactions: lwien

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
My body doesn't have value! It's going straight to a medical school (in its entirety) as soon as I kick the bucket. Need more med students to dissect people with weird diseases! Maybe something good will come from it.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Unfortunately, the way the work comp works, is you're given an apportionment for parts of your body. Doesn't matter what the whole picture is. Doesn't matter the end result is. So say... if I worked in a job that required the use of BOTH hands and I lost one. In a work comp case, even though I'm alive with a prosthetic, something better, or even my own hand... I would still possibly be due MORE money, than my reality.

So even though I can't ever hold another honest job in my life, Have about a 97% higher chance of dropping dead right now, versus most people. Nope... because I look fine, talk fine, think fine (though definitely brain works differently)... I must be fine. Because I know more about the medical implications of my condition, than the majority of the doctors I see, it tells me how complicated my case it. They don't care. They push and wiggle, until they can fit you inside their nice little descriptor box and damned be your reality... this is how much you're worth.

My first offer from them, was $2,500. Then $80,000. Now they're at $50,000. My "strong-arm counter offer", can't exceed $120,000 and they'll probably have to pay out about $100,000, 15% of which... goes to my attorney. $85,000 for my life. Not even a year's wages.

BigDaddyVapor,

MrNorml

How much would you say its worth? All these numbers are related to my Workman's Comp case. After 3 years of gut-wrenching lies, fraud, incompetence and a medical examiner, who also engaged in all of those things... Plus, originally found no industrial causation, but suddenly changed his mind.

So, how much is your life worth?

For those that don't know, I had a catastrophic event in my life, that 97% of the time is fatal. Plus it did so much damage, I'm firmly entrenched in that rude sounding descriptor... "terminal". I was given 2-10 years guesstimate by the surgeon that saved my life and 3 years in.
Comp is different than a typical PI case - comp has tables telling you what (xxx) is worth. So without the tables for your state, it is not possible to say what a comp claim is 'worth'.

MrNorml,
Top Bottom