I Want to make Solventless EDIBLE Hash Oil

shortwind

Yes, I know there are lots of threads about making solventless hash oil rosin, but I can't seem to sort through this to find the info I need. FYI, some background. I have severe and chronic asthma and do not smoke. I am also taking a break from vaping, as that may also have been troublesome for my dysfunctional lungs. I make my own coconut butter and tincture and use those regularly. I also obtain edible has oil (EHO) from dispensaries (yay Oregon!). However, the dispensary EHO is pretty expensive. I have been hearing about solventless hash oil rosin. I want to EAT it, NOT vape or smoke it. So, therefore, it must be decarbed.

Now I have decarbed flower in the oven many times for my coconut oil and tinctures. I want to know step by step (if it's possible) to decarb solventless hash oil rosin? I have heard that the heat used in the rosin process is NOT sufficient to decarb. So, should a decarb be done to the raw flower before the rosin process starts? Should the decarb be done to the completed oil?

And for how many minutes and at what temperature should I decarb the solventless hash oil rosin?

FYI, to avoid calories, I typically stick the EHO on a small cracker to eat.

Your feedback will be appreciated!

Thanks.

Last edited:
shortwind,

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
Yes, I know there are lots of threads about making solventless hash oil rosin, but I can't seem to sort through this to find the info I need. FYI, some background. I have severe and chronic asthma and do not smoke. I am also taking a break from vaping, as that may also have been troublesome for my dysfunctional lungs. I make my own coconut butter and tincture and use those regularly. I also obtain edible has oil (EHO) from dispensaries (yay Oregon!). However, the dispensary EHO is pretty expensive. I have been hearing about solventless hash oil rosin. I want to EAT it, NOT vape or smoke it. So, therefore, it must be decarbed.

Now I have decarbed flower in the oven many times for my coconut oil and tinctures. I want to know step by step (if it's possible) to decarb solventless hash oil rosin? I have heard that the heat used in the rosin process is NOT sufficient to decarb. So, should a decarb be done to the raw flower before the rosin process starts? Should the decarb be done to the completed oil?

And for how many minutes and at what temperature should I decarb the solventless hash oil rosin?

FYI, to avoid calories, I typically stick the EHO on a small cracker to eat.

Your feedback will be appreciated!

Thanks.
I've not decarbed rosin yet so I can't speak from experience but you do want the flower to be somewhat moist when you squish it so I'd say do your extraction first, then decarb otherwise your yeilds will suffer. About 3/4 of the way down this article starting with "The good news" he describes how to decarb oils.

MileHighLife,

witka

I did Dry Ice Hash and decarbed it in the oven, worked fine... i mixed with sesame oil and am testing as a nasal spray..but you could blend it with anything..

witka,
Top Bottom