I want to buy a mini LUX for my vape. Edit: vhw questions too

11eleven11

Hey everyone. I usually lurk these forums but I decided to post a thread for specific advice. Should I get the flat, beaker, or bubble version of the mini lux? What's your opinion and why? Thanks. :)

11eleven11,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
a double chambered piece for the vapors....uhhhh :uhoh:

I would like a thick beaker base tube...that way I could fill it up to the teeth with glass seed beads and be cool like prog :D seriously tho it would give it a more diffused hit, be cheaper than a lux mini, and filter out less thc

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
I got a lux straight mini... I get some fat vapor rips from it with my PD. I also own a wicked sands tiny tube, also a great vapor tube, only available in beakers... Here's a pic of mine (EDIT#1:note the lighter for size reference):
DSCN5963.jpg

Henn is right.. single chamber is much better, less glass for the vapor to condense on.. I'm not worried about losing so little vapor, I still get fat rips with PD+Lux mini. Many here use the 100mL/250mL Ehle tubes for vapor rips as well, I've never had the pleasure of ripping one. Just a heads up, I heard that there are new Lux Mini's that are supposed to be coming out, so do a lot of research (and maybe a bit of waiting) before buying your glass.

Hope this helped.
Mark

EDIT#2: Guess I never really answered your question.. If you got your heart set on a lux, I'd say go with the straight but that's because I prefer straights in general... I like the faster clear. What kind of vape do you have anyways? If you can settle for something a little less fancy but more practical, I'd say go with a 12"-14" 5mm thick 50mm bore tube, no perc, with an SGW showerhead diffy for diffusion (these rock btw, buy one if you can. I'm gonna try an Alex K showerhead sometime in the near future and compare the two) but again that's just my opinion. OKAY anyways enough stoned rambling lol I need to go to sleep.

EDIT#3: Hehehe.. had fun doing these for ya. Lux ~14.5" straight mini 5 arm perc with 8 slit bushing diffy & SGW 18>18 showerhead diffy and 18>14mm bushing adapter for the PD stem :D
028af9b06874ffd57355ede096939cb1.gif

With rips like that.. I aint sweatin' over no condensed vapor, hehe. Imagine with a coozy :D grippin' grain as henny would say..

aznfknpride,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
how come asian guys always have veiny arms? jk

Which part is the SGW showehead diffy?

stonemonkey55,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
SM55 it's all that sushi rollin' bro.. Lol.

The SGW showerhead diffy is the diffuser in the video. I'll get some pics up of the diffy itself later if you want. The diffuser in the .gif is a stock bushing 8 slit diffuser that came with my beaker.

aznfknpride,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Got it, wasn't too sure if the GIF and the video were the same thing. I got a SGW showerhead bubb on the way, its actually gonna have an inline diff in the second chamber :o but I'm not too worried about any THC loss, just happy to be getting such a heady piece from Preston.

I don't roll sushi but I got them veiny ass arms too. Sometimes mine pop so much they gross myself out, now if I could only add a little mass to my arms to go along with the veins LOL

stonemonkey55,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Oh man, that bub should be fucking sick, Preston kills it.. I love the purr that the showerhead creates.

And yeah.. My arms don't look veiny like that all the time, kinda strange.. Sometimes they're more pronounced than other times, I just need to put on some mass I think lol.

aznfknpride,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Gotta start hanging with BJ Penn, if he weren't lightweight champ, that guy would probably weigh 200 lbs

damn, you're really making me antsy to get my bubbler, been vape free for about a week out while traveling, hopefully, I'll have a nice little gift at home when I get back

stonemonkey55,

11eleven11

Hey guys my laptop got destroyed so now I'm posting from my iPhone (lol). I have a green silver surfer with a green 7th Floor mini ice chamber but I'm actually selling that to a friend because I want to spice things up and try out the vriptech with a sexy not too large bong.

So here's the thing, I have a friend in SoCal who can snag me LUX beaker 14" and ship it to me if I pay him $240 (costs $225 at the head shop). Or I can get someone's used LUX tubular 14" for $150. I'm not sure if paying $90 extra for the beaker is worth it or not... what do you guys think? I'm not exactly rich right now but if I'm already paying a lot for a nice bong I might as well make sure I'm getting what will really make me happy. :) With the beaker you have much more control on the drag. I'm not sure if I need all that drag for just vaping though. How's the drag on the tubular? You can still make it drag pretty well if you fill it up to almost maximum capacity right?

Oh and thanks for the warning on the new lux bongs coming out. If a new one interests me I'll probably just sell the one I (hopefully will) have. ;)

I'm researching the other suggestions mentioned here too but it's pretty hard on safari on this iPhone. I need firefox with tabs !:lol:

Also that was really cool of you to make that gif and video for me, aznfknpride. I really appreciate it. And yes I have my heart set on the lux with an inner perc. I'm really not concerned about a tiny bit of vapor loss or anything. I know I'll still get vaked regardless. :D I love percs.

11eleven11,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Well, the thing for me is I don't like the drag. Drag=harder to "suck" on the bong. The more water that has to be displaced, the more drag there is. A good way to prevent drag is to fill the chambers just over the diffusion slits.

IMHO I loved the way beakers look but I like the instant clear of the straight, and now I like the look of the straight's better. And no prob about the vid/gif, I had fun making them.. That was my first gif, I need a remote and a tripod and I'll try and make some more.

aznfknpride,

11eleven11

Yeah I also prefer less drag but it's good to have the option to make more, you know? I think I'm gonna go with the straight though. Thanks for helping me make up my mind. Now I need to order a vriptech. :p

11eleven11,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Or add water to the top perc. I love glass.. Toro coming soon :)

I think you should let me borrow that VHW since I helped you decide LOL jaykayjaykay

aznfknpride,

11eleven11

aznfknpride said:
Or add water to the top perc. I love glass.. Toro coming soon :)

I think you should let me borrow that VHW since I helped you decide LOL jaykayjaykay
:lol:

Yeah about that VHW... I gotta figure out what kind of connector to get for the lux.

Anyone know the right size and how much? I think they cost $30 or something.

Edit -

I looked on the site and there was all kinds of different stuff. What exactly do I need for my setup? Basically if I were to order this thing on my tiny screened damn iPhone (no comp sucks!), what should I buy and how much would it be total? Also is the stand worth buying?

11eleven11,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Basically, what you need is the vrip bowl (14 or 18, make sure your buddy checks what size the joint size is on the lux, mine was 14mm) the vrip wand and you're good, roughly about $220? Just going by memory, dont really remember. I'd just stick it in a coffee mug or a glass cup rather than spending money on that stand. Money much better spent on stuff to feed that hungry VHW/Lux setup hehe.

aznfknpride,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Yes, you will need that upper intake. Note that you get the "shorty" version for the VHW.

aznfknpride,

11eleven11

Okay so I actually decided to go with the beaker at the last minute and my friend picked it up from the headshop. I don't have it yet, but I was thinking about ordering the vriptech right now so they'd both arrive at the same time. I called the headshop and asked what kind of joint size it was and he said, "14 on the bottom 18 on the top." Huh? I'm confused.

2004214942839450220_rs.jpg

lux3.JPG

So there are 2 joint sizes on these. Which joint size should I order from vriptech? And uh, it looks like the 18 would be on the bottom and the 14 would be on the top.

EDIT - Bah I don't even want to order one of their bowls. I'd rather get a blazemaster bowl. :p Still confused about the joint sizes though on the lux though... =/

11eleven11,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Well, in those pictures of the Lux tubes, those all have 18mm male/14mm female joints. Would help if your buddy could get a pic of the joint area of the tube he bought and we could help you better..

aznfknpride,
Top Bottom