1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

I need some help, which vape? ;)

Discussion in 'ABV' started by StrictVapeChick, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrictVapeChick

StrictVapeChick New Member

So I'm new to vaping, know a little about it. I've used the pax, solo, vapexhale cloud with the swagger circ, and a silver surfer. I'm looking to buy myself a vape, I don't really care if it's portable or plug in I just want a good hitting vape for the best price! I need some help from the experts! :) thanksss!!!!

2. OKcomputer

OKcomputer Kid A

Virtually all of the vapes discussed on this site are worthwhile. But different people have different needs. What did you like/dislike about the pax, solo, cloud and silver surfer?

StrictVapeChick likes this.
  3. StrictVapeChick

I feel the pax wasted weed, way too hard to clean. LOVE the solo, always great hits and super easy to clean, eventually will get one just a little pricey. The cloud is obviously amazing, love water pieces, but again pricey. Love the silver surfer, know that one is pretty cheap. Just didn't know if there is something else, and I know sometimes there's cheaper places to buy, and so forth. Just need some guidance I think haha :)

4. Armerad

Armerad Puffin'

Without knowing your individual situation/needs, any of our recommendations will be pretty broad.

I'd recommend the VapeXHale for a desktop user, and the Arizer Solo for portable use, although the Solo can be an excellent desktop vape with it's power adapter.

Other ones to look at are the Life Saver Vaporizer (Made by the same company as SSV, 7th Floor), Da Buddha (Made by 7th Floor), Extreme Q(Made by Arizer), or a log vape (varies depending on where you live).

5. StrictVapeChick

I really like the life saber vape, nice price and seems pretty legit, love all the add on's you can get. Does anyone know about the cloud vape pen? Couldn't find it in the search, is it a hash vape?

ShipDit likes this.
  6. NeeChee

NeeChee More meatloaf Ma!

Big surfer fan myself.So many colors and endless attachments.They have 3 different heater covers and wands.I prefer the standard they do make a difference.Im also looking into a portable.A buddy of mine sells G pens and swears by them just using dabs and not canisters.Im getting one this christmas and will write a review.

7. ShipDit

ShipDit 1%

The Life Saber is sweet,and with the mix and match colors you can really personalize it. If you plan on doing some Vape-bonging it's one of the best IMHO.
    One last thing,don't overlook the MFLB. It's portability is second to none, add the power adapter and you're set for pretty much anything. And if you decide on something else,you may want to grab one for a spare. You can get them (with a sweet box set of spares),for less than $100 if ya look around.
    Hope that helps!

Oh yeah,welcome to the club!

8. NotPotRelated

NotPotRelated MFLB Pro

LOG VAPE

StrictVapeChick and ShipDit like this.
  9. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Why would you not include other vapes such as those from 7th Floor, as an example, or the Extreme, or the Cloud, etc etc.

Lots of options out there, and believe me, I have been cheerleading "log" vapes here longer than most.

10. ShipDit

ShipDit 1%

^^^Best suggestion yet^^^

11. NotPotRelated

NotPotRelated MFLB Pro

They have been mentioned

12. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

Actually, you can get a Solo from Puffitup.com for $160 these days.

The Silver Surfer is a good unit IMO, but it's not "cheap" compared to many desktop units. It retails for $269.

:peace:

StrictVapeChick and Tweek like this.
  13. happyTrails

happyTrails phishpanicjam

Lots of good choices, but wanted to point out that you can get a Solo for $160. Less than most others you are looking into.:2c:

Edit: Stu beat me to it! :doh:

14. StrictVapeChick

:) thank you everyone! Especially for the Solo discount!!!!

Tweek likes this.
  15. OhTheAgony

OhTheAgony here for the chicks

Don't forget the blemished units @ 7thfloors ebay store! link

But I'm partial to the logs myself.

Besides the obvious options I'd let your choice depend mostly on how much herb you prefer to use in a sitting if I were your. Or in other words, choose a vape with a bowl size that accommodates your needs. The smaller the bowl the more economic & efficient it'll be, but if you're a real heavy user with an unlimited supply it can become annoying having to load up multiple bowls to get where you want to be.

Good luck :tup:

16. StrictVapeChick

My sister just bought me a rempen at her dispensary. I searched it on here, no luck. I saw some pretty good reviews on grasscity and everyone at her dispensary has one and they say they love it. You have to buy the cartridges at the dispensary, cost 20$ for 250mg refills. They have different strains, the one she got me is sour kush [H] the only thing bad that people said is the cartridges are kinda pricey, and I don't know how long it will last. Does anyone have one?? Is there anyway to refill the cartridges yourself like the omicron? I know that the cartridges are not pure hash, its sirlene mixed with hash concentrates. They say on the back 'tampering with, or attempting to refill any cartridge with non-rocky mountain remedies solutions will void all warranties' I don't really care about that, id rather be able to refill my own damn cartridges! haha any knowledge would be greatly appreciated :)

ShipDit likes this.
  17. Pcpvapors

Pcpvapors Well-Known Member

Honestly, I absolutely love the hell out of my glass VG.

NotPotRelated likes this.
  18. vorrange

vorrange Well-Known Member

It seems cost is an issue and you wouldn't want to go higher than 250$.

If you don't care wether it is portable or not, i suggest you get an LSV or a log vape.

The LSV is bigger and has a lot more breakable parts and it is not as efficient but it has built-in temperature knob. It's close to the SSV in almost everything but the housing and the all glass and ceramic air path (the ssv has a whip and for some the taste is still noticeable)

The logs are small wood vaporizers that mingle quite good in a house, very pratical to use, and usually, very efficient due to the small bowl. You can get a variable power supply so you can change temps but it is not as pratical, of course, as the LSV temp knob.

If you change your mind and think maybe the portable is best, i would wait for January.. two great portables, the Cera and the Inhalater XP are coming out and they look promising.

If you want an all-around vaporizer, you can't go wrong with a Solo.

19. Puffers

Puffers Micro-Climate Mastermind

250mg per cart even if that's pure thc it's over $80 a gram if that's mixed with sirlene oil too it's over a 100 gram of oil that's insane. The oil needing to be cut with sirlene sounds like a rebranded ecig IMO. Most of them aren't worth your time if you notice most of the knock pen threads are sub 10-15 pages lots of them mostly filled with problems. I am not saying this rempen is the same just that most of the rebranded ecig stuff isn't worth your time especially if the oil is 80 a gram. I would go for a proven pen vape if that's the route you wanna go dart or omicron is the way to go for pen size portables IMO

20. chimpybits

chimpybits Well-Known Member

Just piping in here and not derailing, but this was my first thought after reading the question.

Though I'm hardly an expert as I haven't even tried one. I reckon I'm switching from my SSV to a log next year. I wanna lose the whip. getting 1 losing 1. Yeah I lose the surfer :( but I get HI :luv:. (I have the MFLB but I dontuseit). So a log becomes the sole driver. I'm into reverse VAS. I'm into forward HIs.

well actually from the forums here I'd say all log-type vapes look very good. But the TT looked so sweet, and then with the HI ... aw shux there I go rambling again.

I think the LSV (currently very well priced) or a log is an excellent choice. Bowl size could be a deciding factor.

OKcomputer and StrictVapeChick like this.
  21. Deadshort480

Deadshort480 I got a fever! The only cure is more glass, baby!

All I gotta say is that I love my LSV. It is magical.

StrictVapeChick and ShipDit like this.
  22. FrogBoy138

FrogBoy138 Well-Known Member

What is a Log vape? I've looked around and can't find anything can someone please post a link.

23. Puffers

Puffers Micro-Climate Mastermind

Underdog, heat island, wych wood are all log vapes. They are generally viewed as their own category of desktop vapes.

24. FrogBoy138

FrogBoy138 Well-Known Member

Weird I don't know anyone in the US that has one but yeah.
    Better then bad it's good it's Log Log

25. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

You just met one that has seven of 'em. ;)

Pleased to meet ya'!

:peace:

placetime and charliedontsurf like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors