I made a mistake, help me make the best of it?

harmless healing

So. Bear with me here. I got 6 grams of concentrate given to me by a friend. It was in one big lump so I placed it on my lamp to soften and press.

3 hours pass (I caped some gsc, this may have been my downfall :doh:)
And I return to a reasonably but not too smokey room and all my oil pooled in my light fitting. I'm an idiot, I know.

Now rather than crying over spilt milk I'm just glad it's pooled in the light and not in my carpet :rofl:

So I'm thinking it's had a good decarb, maybe too much, maybe not enough.

I have a massive jar of AVB I've been meaning to infuse into coco for caps, worth adding the oil scraped from my light fitting?

I'm open to further suggestion but this is the best thing I can think to do

Lesson learned :doh::rofl:

Namaste

Izan

Freeze it and chip it out? What is the lamp made of?
"Lamp" as in 1000W HPS, 150W halogen, how hot did it get?
Did you do a dab to test?
Cheers
I

Izan,

harmless healing

It got reasonably hot. Not sure on temps. It's a small halogen. The area it's resting in is glass. And I kinda don't fancy dabbing it for some reason, but I suppose it would be a good way to check if THC still present. Eating it seems more desirable now, it is a lot sappier. Like claim kinda. And a little darker than before. Kinda has the consistency of Manuka honey

harmless healing,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I would chip it out after freezing, inspect for debris, then drop it into your oil with the ABV. Make sure you dilute the oil by a fair bit as that shatter will still be potent and might make it too strong. Make sure you decarb for at least 30 mins.

Winegums,

YungLeaner

I would treat it as decarbed edible oil for sure, probably decarb further. And like Winegums said for the love of god please be careful about its potency which I imagine will be immense

YungLeaner,
Reactions: Izan

harmless healing

I hope it is immense and I haven't boiled everything off or some kinda poisonous contamination has occurred. Will give it all a bash at the weekend I reckon. Cheers for confirming what I thought. Just gotta take the gamble I guess. No other way to test here than the bio assay

Wish me luck

harmless healing,

harmless healing

So I managed to scrape around 4 grams out of the fixture and just Iso cleaned the rest out. Haven't made any ingusion yet. The oil is a lot darker and looks activated to me. I will probably just place it in my slow cooker as is with the AVB and loads of coco oil. Any tips or links would help. My first time doing this. I can of course just wing it paha

harmless healing,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
So I managed to scrape around 4 grams out of the fixture and just Iso cleaned the rest out. Haven't made any ingusion yet. The oil is a lot darker and looks activated to me. I will probably just place it in my slow cooker as is with the AVB and loads of coco oil. Any tips or links would help. My first time doing this. I can of course just wing it paha
4 grams is better than nothing! At least all was not lost, and given that concentrates are almost pure Cannabinoids you must have some good stuff left.

I would again recommend having some caution as to the strength of the oil you're making. 1.5 g of concentrate is enough for a mild batch of brownies.

harmless healing

I have around 3 oz of AVB and 4 grams of oil. It will be a big batch that will be refrigerated. Should last months. I plants use a fair amount of coco oil. Maybe 2 - 3 tubs rather than my usual one I would use for an oz or so of AVB, just never added any concentrate. They tend to get vaped due to the rarity of them around here.

I have a high tolerance and make edibles frequently. I will execute caution on the first few doses to. If further dilution is needed, I can deal with that

Thanks for your concern

Namaste

harmless healing,
Reactions: Winegums
Top Bottom