I have a Volcano - should I get a PD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SometimesY

The incessant, possibly justified, ravings about the PD on this site make me think that I should have one.

I have a Volcano classic, with which I am unabashedly deeply in love. I almost feel like I'm cheating on it simply by posting this (but I'm pretty sure that it can't read English).

BUT, should I get a PD? I vape solo quite a bit, and often in the middle of the day where I don't necessarily need a full bag. Less noise is nice, too.

To set the stage, I have a $200 pepper grinder made of Desert Ironwood Burl, because I like nicely crafted pieces of art, especially well-turned wood. So looks are important, and I like the looks of, and philosophy behind, PD.

So, convince me that I should either buy a PD or spend the $200 on more glass, grinder, or herb. And thanks for already convincing me to spend more...

SometimesY,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Stick your arm out.... I'll twist it!

My first thought is you say you are often vaping solo (like me), if so the PD is PERFECT for solo flights :)

I have only used a volcano with friends and would say that it's a nice party vape... Nice for a group but man... you could go through some herbage quick. The herb will go MUCH further in the PD and I think you would enjoy it as a solo vape!

Oh and if you love pretty wood things.... Well just order already! TOTALLY worth it! Absolutely LOVE mine!

Lo,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
think about getting a Launch Box instead of the PD, why?- because you'll save money and IMO you'll get a harder hit from the same amount of green and you can order now instead of waiting till sometime in 2010. It is also the perfect single/solo use vape, heats/cools in an instant, travels well and is stealthy.

DeepFried,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
If you want to spend your whole life messing about making sure batteries are charged then i guess it could work, not for me though.

It's a good solution for a portable vape, but i wouldnt like this as my main vape. However i do vape daily.

Happycamper,

The Hammer

Happycamper said:
If you want to spend your whole life messing about making sure batteries are charged then i guess it could work, not for me though.

It's a good solution for a portable vape, but i wouldnt like this as my main vape. However i do vape daily.
Actually Magic-Flight announced last week they are coming out with an AC power cord and car adapter add-on for the Launch Box... (will work with existing LB's and new ones)So now you will have a choice.. Battery, AC, Car... Sweet...

I love my LB but I have never used a PD.. I am sure the PD is great too..

The Hammer,

SometimesY

Thanks you enabling bastards. I just put my order in. I guess I wasn't on the fence that much.

I look forward to getting it by Christmas. Maybe not this Christmas, but a Christmas.

-SY

SometimesY,

max

Out to lunch
Unless there's been a big increase in the number of orders because of the holiday season, you should get yours by Xmas. I think you made a good choice for a Volcano companion. I'm a long time PD user and also have the Launch Box. In my experience, the LB can provide good efficiency or good hits, but not both at the same time. The PD consistently does both.

max,

SometimesY

Honestly, I think that the Volcano, with about a 28-30" bag (solid valve, and that's my usual bag size) is pretty good for me. One bag does the trick nicely. I'm entirely happy with my 'cano.

That being said, it's always nice to have alternatives. Currently, my only alternative is a bubbler or bong, and it'd be nice to have something else. That's really the main reason. Plus I like turned wood, so vaping out of a piece of nice piece of cherry will make me happy, and isn't that what it's at least partly about?

SometimesY,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
One of the great things about a PD (or MrytalZap: I'm not trying to start anything here) is it is idiot proof. So is a Volcano (to a point: I cannot inhale a dense bag w/o coughing). Good, consistent hits.

If you are willing to try something that requires the handling of fire and a little finesse, but man o man, gives great great hits, get thee to a Glass Vapor Genie. Baby!

So spend $300 and get both. My philosophy: ya can't have too many toys.

macbill,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Old Chinese expression: "Best time to order a PD is three months ago. Second best time to order a PD is today."

2006102902021.jpg

jeffp,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Lets just say that as soon as i bought my PD my volcano found itself up on ebay, which was then turned into many other vaporizers, which have all also been sold. All except my beloved PD.. and my new oil curve with some lovely BHO.

Survivalism,

TG20

Survivalism said:
Lets just say that as soon as i bought my PD my volcano found itself up on ebay, which was then turned into many other vaporizers, which have all also been sold. All except my beloved PD.. and my new oil curve with some lovely BHO.
Anyway you can elaborate a little bit, I have a digital volcano and there is no way after getting a PD I would turn around and sell it in my honest opinion.. I would still keep it around for the sessions when there are more people around. I see the PD as being my personal vape but I like to have people over and I could imagine if I tried sharing a PD around. Though I am sure it would work, but not as good as a bag that holds ten hits would.

TG20,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
I can totally respect that, big groups are just not a part of the way i vape. Biggest group is a 3 person group and that rarely happens. Mostly just me myself and i.

I had bought a VHW after i sold the volcano to keep around as my "party vape" but i never used it. it was just so inefficient in comparison to the PD i never loaded it, and most of my friends would rather just smoke.

The PD is NOT a party vape, or a group vape really. Max of 3 people and even at 3 people it can get annoying.

Survivalism,

TG20

Yea I am for sure going to buy a PD cause I don't mind the wait. As far as sharing it I am sure it wouldn't be an issue for one or two but other then that it would be a hassle to keep refilling bowls. What I am really after is saving a little bit more weed (maybe) and a little bit more of a direct hit. I'm sure the hits this thing gives are amazing. I just find myself smoking almost just as much cause my lungs can actually take it and the taste is just out of this world. - and thats out of a bag.. so I am intrigued by this vape.

TG20,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom