I can trade my Buddha for Purplr Days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nosferatu

Coming from a Da buddha would I be happy with the Purple Days or is the first better? Also how is the Puple Days on Stealth, cuz the Da Buddha reeks your room up. I think I might do the switch if its better for my situation, but just have a few questions. If you go somewhere in a car and wanna keep it heated up but go into a store or something, wont it lose heat when cars off? Then you have to wait 40 minuetes again?? Thats kinda stoppin me from getting it if its true because Buddha warms up in 3 mins. I just needed a quick answer so I can decide if I wanna do switch thanks.

Nosferatu,

aero18

vaporist
If I had to pick between the two, I'd go with the Da Buddha. The Da Buddha is more versatile.

aero18,

lwien

aero18 said:
If I had to pick between the two, I'd go with the Da Buddha. The Da Buddha is more versatile.
I very seldom disagree with aero, but I do on this one. I have both a Buddha and a PD and the PD get's used 95% more than the Buddha. It's stealthier, it doesn't smell nearly as much due to the smaller bowl, and most of all, for me, it's a helluva lot more efficient.

Regarding keeping it heated with the engine off, it works off of your cigarette lighter in your car, and in most cars, that connection is always hot regardless if the car is turned off.

lwien,

Nosferatu

Oh really I didnt know that about the car adapter thats cool. Also how many parts is the PD because Im in a stealth environment and it would be nice if there is nothing but a bowl and the PD itself to have lying around(vs having a large obvious whip)

Nosferatu,

lwien

masbanji92 said:
Oh really I didnt know that about the car adapter thats cool. Also how many parts is the PD because Im in a stealth environment and it would be nice if there is nothing but a bowl and the PD itself to have lying around(vs having a large obvious whip)
3 parts. The car adapter, the vape, and the stem.

lwien,

steiner666

Serial vapist
yeah if stealth is a concern i think the PD would be a better call def. Much easier to hide a stem than a whip and the unit itself looks more innocent and blends in better. The lack of glass would make it easier to put it out of sight quickly also.

having never used a PD i cant compare the diff between using them and the hit quality, but i'm assuming its pretty comparable, just that the PD is geared more towards smaller loads and solo usage and efficiency.

So really it depends on what you want.

steiner666,

Beezleb

you can run the DBV in the car too, though I wouldnt want to but then again I wouldnt want to run a PD in the car either. Thats whats my LB is for but thats for me.

If the DBV is stinking up your room, its likely the herb stinking it up alot rather than the vaping itself but the DBV like all vapes is not entirely invisible in smell.

The performance, not a fair comparison side by side but perhaps might fit your style better if your looking at better usage with smaller amounts but also understand it is a bit harder to inhale the PD and simlar vapes than compared to the DBV too. Normally only an issue for those when they initially get their log style vape. Often described as similar to drinking a milkshake but from my experience it was not so hard.

It appears you are second guessing your purchase. If this is the case I would recommend at best that you perhaps obtain another vape first and try it before you get rid of your other vape in case you do not like it. A DBV or PD should not be difficult to get rid of.

Happy Vaping!

Beezleb,

Nosferatu

Thanks everyone im gonna get the Pandora kit I think I love the Buddha but the Purple Days seems better

Nosferatu,

aero18

vaporist
The reason I think that it is more versatile is the fact that it can hold its heat much better and can be passed around to more people. It can be used by yourself or with other people. The PD is pretty much a solo piece, as heat retention (or, more precisely, the amount of time it takes to heat back up to its ideal temperature) is rather (s)low. It is recommended to be used as a solo piece, rather than used with 5 people who vape out of it continually.

Also, Da Buddha's whip can be easily attached to any glass like a bubbler or a bong very easily (even if it does not have a GONG connection). The PD stem can only be used on 14mm GONG bowls (however, you can always attach a whip to the PD stem, but then why not just stick with the Da Buddha?).

If efficiency is your concern, you can pack smaller bowls. Because of the size of the wand, most people pack large bowls which lead to a larger concentration of vapor on the exhale (which is wasted vapor). Although because of the whip tube (the longer distance the vapor has to travel away from the heat source), more vapor condensation is inevitable compared to the PD. However, you can collect this vapor to make oil and in this regard, the efficiency leverage that the PD has is a moot argument.

If you want me to give my opinion on whether you should get a Purple Days Pandora or a MyrtleZap, I'll gladly try to steer you towards a MZ.

aero18,

max

Out to lunch
The reason I think that it is more versatile is the fact that it can hold its heat much better
The PD holds heat better than the DBV. The PD has a heat exchanger, meaning there's no significant temp drop between hits. The mass of the exchanger retains the heat. The DBV has to rely on the heating element to get back to vaping temp.

max,

lwien

aero18 said:
If you want me to give my opinion on whether you should get a Purple Days Pandora or a MyrtleZap, I'll gladly try to steer you towards a MZ.
If someone enjoys building kits and takes a certain pride in using what they've built, why would you want to steer them away towards an MZ ?

lwien,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
just to the stir the pot... I have had Da Buddha for a little over 2 months now and the MZ for about 2 weeks.

I've definitely toyed with the idea of selling the DBV, both before and after actually getting the MZ. So far the MZ is seeing a lot more regular use, but I still don't think I'm going to sell the Buddha. The MZ is great, but doesn't seem to cut it for >2 people and I think i can definitely get better flavor out of the Buddha. A lot of my friends much prefer the bigger hits from the Buddha.

For tight cash, I think Buddha to PD is a fair trade. But I think I need both in the rotation to cover all bases.

rabblerouser,

philly_artist

So - I've ordered DB and have yet to taste an actual vap but how does DB compare with the hit strength? A friend of mine who has tried other vaps told me that you just can't get as stoned as with "the real stuff". Anyone disagree? God I can't wait to test it out :)

philly_artist,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I would say keep them BOTH as they BOTH have their place in the vaping chain.

While I dont have either of these vapes, I have vapes that are very similar - Myrtlezap and a Supreme Vaporizer.

My Zap is used primarily for top shelvers as it uses so little and does a damned good job at it.
The Supreme gets usage on the middies and when I have guests.

My vote is to keep both. :)

AGBeer,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Agree! I'd keep them both...and keep adding to the collection ;)

Different situations call for different vapes. I like to be prepared :D

Lo,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
A variable temp vape like DBV makes a great one two punch in conjunction with a PD. I love PD, and it is a great way to conserve, especially when you have some exquisite herb that you don't want to burn through too quickly. But it doesn't stop me from using my E, Supreme, VHW and more recently Clear Dome Flame Filter.

I used to use my E before work, when that and a vapebro's was all i had. Now, i would never use anything beside a log vape before work, i can dial in my dose exactly how i want. I guess my LB get's its pre work and lunch break duty's often too though.

IAmKrazy2,

Nosferatu

haha im probably gonns keep em both now haha it makes perfect sence now i got a mflb, buddha, and purple days

Nosferatu,

greenriver

Sounds pretty ideal. I use DBV and MFLB myself. The only other vape I'd consider adding to my collection at this stage would be a PD.

greenriver,

CompassRosie

hippie hausfrau
greenriver said:
Sounds pretty ideal. I use DBV and MFLB myself. The only other vape I'd consider adding to my collection at this stage would be a PD.
They make a really nice, complementary trio! I spent a few weeks enjoying the PDP exclusively, but now I use all three - in different situations. I couldn't bear to part with any of them.

CompassRosie,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom