HydraTube Flush Device

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Does the sodium metadilicate do anything more than the oxyclean already does though? Im not challenging, i just dont know.
Oh yes, they potentiate each other. They are more than the sum of their parts, thats one of the reasons the research chemist I cited in my OP for the PBW thread, developed Straight-A, another standard in wine making and brewing.
i have been using it exclusively for the past few years on my brew equipment. It seems to do a hell of a job on my glass as well. Im sure you could easily combine the two but i dont see the value in the added expense.
You ARE using a sanitizer right? The metasilicates are a "microscopic abrasive" that work really well adding mechanical energy to the cleaning cycle.

Recommended reading: http://www.ecologiccleansers.com/essentials.php

Last edited:
t-dub,
Reactions: Shrike

Cwittneben

Yes of course. Star-san for sanitizing. Never had an infection issue with my brews. I understand the compound becomes stronger but if its already stronger than necessary is it worth it i guess is my question...

Cwittneben,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Yes of course. Star-san for sanitizing. Never had an infection issue with my brews. I understand the compound becomes stronger but if its already stronger than necessary is it worth it i guess is my question...
Its the strength of the compound that "enables" the system to clean so thoroughly in such short periods of time. If you get by with half, or less, using cranberry extracts, thats even better, but if I'm dumping powders in my glass they are max strength minimum footprint.

t-dub,
Top Bottom