Hurricane Sandy

ugobo

WOW! This is impressive... and scarry!

It only got a lot windy last night here in Montreal. And a little rain today. Right now it's sunny and a beautiful 23c!

ugobo,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Here is how we got through:
img4500e.jpg

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Wow that is crazy. Glad you guys are ok. Nothing really happened to me.

Oh, thanks, but that wasn't my video. I just found that on the internet & figured I'd share it hear. I've never seen a tree just snap like that.

I'm very safe on the other side of the world, even though we're stupid enough to live below sea-level :rolleyes:

OhTheAgony,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Oh, thanks, but that wasn't my video. I just found that on the internet & figured I'd share it hear. I've never seen a tree just snap like that.

I'm very safe on the other side of the world, even though we're stupid enough to live below sea-level :rolleyes:

Yeah I thought you lived in the Netherlands. Ok I'm not crazy.

newVaper420,

lookmomnohands

Im also located on LI, NY. Power went out around 6 last night. Sucks being so cold. I think im going to go hunting for an ac-dc adapter tomorrow so I can vape in my car haha. I combusted last night for the first time in ages and i regretted it immediately. Kicked myself for not getting an adapter/runnin some tane before.

Be safe everyone!

lookmomnohands,

lwien

Man, I don't know how you guys do it. If I was going through a traumatic disaster that had the potential to cause me great bodily harm, the LAST thing that I would want to do is to get buzzed. I would want to have my TOTAL wits about me just in case I needed to get myself out of trouble.

lookmomnohands

Honestly that thought popped into my head after combusting last night and its totally valid and makes sense. That said, I think the worst is over and now we're just cleaning up the mess Sandy left.

lookmomnohands,

SmokingElectricity

Just got power back an hour ago. People seeing sharks swimming the streets in NJ...

Some guy in Nassau county blew his hand off because he mistaken a firework for a candle.. smh

47372_10152019599197925_919301372_n.png

SmokingElectricity,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Did anyone have any damage or loose anything? I have been worried that someone on the forum might have lost something irreplaceable. I hope everything made it through the storm okay.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Vicki

GOATPUSSY

I'm here. Still alive. Nice to see the gang back on FC. Hope everyone is safe.

Didn't lose anything... Well, just two days without vaping or power. Figured I stay sober in case I had to make any important decisions. Boy oh boy... The thermovape kicked my ass last night tho!!!

Good luck getting 'back to sort of normal' brothers and sisters.

Your Highness

Cannasseur
No power but I have my Cloud connected to my generator... But gas is becoming a challenge and people are getting desperate. I'm lucky in that I only work 5 min from my house so my full tank has lasted me so far but I'm down to half as of this morning. Gonna lay low this weekend and hopefully things will start to return to normal.

I DO have a couple of gas cans to keep my generator...er....uh...Cloud running :)

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I'm so glad to see that a few of our members that were in the path are reporting in and okay! There are several members (New Yorkers especially) that haven't been here since Sandy hit and I am concerned for them.

momofthegoons,

lookmomnohands

Power came back!

People are starting to get really crazy and violent over gas. Traffic jams for gas extending blocks pas the station, apparetly two people were stabbed, and my mother just reiterated a story my sisters friend told; her parents were waiting on line for gas, someone cut another person off, the cut-offee retaliated by smashing the cuters windows. C'est fou, tout à fait.

lookmomnohands,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
Everything is okay in my neck of the woods. Lost power for a bit but nothing more. Hope everyone less fortunate is okay.

Ripbongs420,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Sending some positive vibes EAST----> I grew up in Houston, and have been through my fair share of hurricanes and big floods, so I feel for all involved in Sandy. Glad the storm has passed. Take care and help out your neighbors!!

jambandphan03,

vapirtoo

My area just north of Kennedy airport was spared for the most part, no rain, no loss of power.
At my job on friday I met staff who had lost their entire homes, no loss of life but still all
possesions gone. I know that security is an illusion , but when that illusion is stripped away, reality can be a real bitch. The gas lines around here- Queens- are frightening eventhough calm for the
most part.
I'm torn about the Marathon... people have trained and sacrificed for years to compete. I do
think that stopping the event is the right thing to do in light of all of the destruction with people
still without power or heat.
It's amazing that even with proper prep. FEMA and the RED Cross are so slow at getting assistance
to those in need.
Thanx for all the kind thoughts and prayers, they really helped this vaporist get through a scary
time. :love:

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Glad to hear that you guys are doing okay! :tup:

I know New Jersey got nailed horribly too. Such a scary storm and so big.

momofthegoons,
Top Bottom