Hurricane Matthew

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
At least we have had cannabis to get us through this hurricane! I heard some people were throwing hurricane parties with lots of alcohol. I always thought that was a bad idea. I just don't think people should be wasted when a hurricane comes through. High, yes, drunk, no. I can still function when I am high, but I can't say that about alcohol. I think you should have your senses in case you need them.

What if your roof flies off, or a tree comes through your window? You better be ready to act, no matter what it is you need to do. Especially if you have decided to ignore warnings to evacuate. No one will be coming to help you, so you better be ready to help yourself.

NickDlow

Log Hog
I never understood that either. Hopefully they get your power sorted out soon. Though it's eerily peaceful during power outages. I don't mind a night or two but when you start losing food that's no good. Good luck down there @subway13029. @BD9 i hope you hear from your people soon too.

Last edited:

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Crawled out of my chilled vape dungeon...
To see this outside my door.
iaNQ56x.jpg

Wooo hoooo
It's gotta be close

Last edited:

BD9

Good luck down there @subway13029. @BD9 i hope you hear from your people soon too.

Thanks! I fianlly heard from my friend in Flagler. She lost power for 20 hours and had minor damage. Mostly soffit and a ton of limbs and debris. Just a few miles away a very different story at Flagler Beach. So she feels fortunate and knows it could of been much worse.
I'm happy she's safe. First time I ever smoked a joint, got high, was with her.

In Flagler Beach there have been many reports of burglaries during Matthew. Shameful! How can you live yourself taking advantage of people during a disaster. I don't understand.

NickDlow

Log Hog
Thanks! I fianlly heard from my friend in Flagler. She lost power for 20 hours and had minor damage. Mostly soffit and a ton of limbs and debris. Just a few miles away a very different story at Flagler Beach. So she feels fortunate and knows it could of been much worse.
I'm happy she's safe. First time I ever smoked a joint, got high, was with her.

In Flagler Beach there have been many reports of burglaries during Matthew. Shameful! How can you live yourself taking advantage of people during a disaster. I don't understand.

Or those scumbag business owners who are price gauging. Fuck your $30 pack of water. I'd walk right out of that store with two cases under my arms. Screw them!

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
Powers back on this morning :rockon: was out for 3.5 days. Took some heavy damage in our area. Downed trees and power lines. Few neighbors lost siding, many shingles/roof tiles, privacy fences, Lot of carports, pool enclosures and screen rooms twisted and mangled, Our house held well. Glad all my fellow FL. FC's made it through :tup:

subway13029

Powers back on this morning :rockon: was out for 3.5 days. Took some heavy damage in our area. Downed trees and power lines. Few neighbors lost siding, many shingles/roof tiles, privacy fences, Lot of carports, pool enclosures and screen rooms twisted and mangled, Our house held well. Glad all my fellow FL. FC's made it through :tup:
glad yall good..what part are you in?? you got mail on saturday @Vicki ??im so jealous..

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
glad yall good..what part are you in?? you got mail on saturday @Vicki ??im so jealous..

Yeah, I was worried! I'm inland, so we didn't get too much damage. A lot of tree debris, and power outages, but it really could have been a lot worse. Considering they lifted the curfew at 2pm on Friday, I was more optimistic the mail would run on Saturday. Tracking never even said it was delayed, always showed on time. Sure enough, mail was there when it was supposed to be. :)

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
Cocoa Beach. Have family in Titusville and mims, both areas they live in were impacted. But overall I think we were lucky on Brevard's coastline. It could have been so much worse. I am thankful that it was only minimal damage considering what it could have been.

Top Bottom