How would you categorize my cannabis use?

TheFatBastard

Hi all guys!

I know everyone is different, but I had a real blast talking to a couple of friends about using cannabis in a regular way, and I’d like to throw an experiment here.

How would you guys categorize my cannabis use? Too much? Too little? Average? Ridiculous?

I usually vape once a day (around 0.25g) and try to leave one day or two from time to time, so I don’t vape through the whole week. Ocasionally, I vape around 12 in the morning, while relaxing and meditating at the beach, and maybe in the evening to hear some music, play guitar or watch a movie.

I maybe consume around 2g weekly. As I said, mostly once a day, sometimes twice a day.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Radwin Bodnic

Why would you want anyone else to categorize your consumption ?
As long as you feel comfortable with it and don't struggle with bad side effects I don't see any problem.
In a previous thread you mentioned you sometimes feel guilty about your consumption. Is it still the case ?

If you want to compare your usage with others members I will just say that 2g can last me up to 6 months. But most of my friends (smokers) find it absolutely ridiculous so I'm on the very lightweight side of the question.

Radwin Bodnic

No, not guilty at all!

But I thought I was a “big” user. Guess things are different here in Europe.

2g 6 months? Damn! That’s barely 0.35 monthly….

How is your use? Weekly?
3-4 sessions a week. I take unforeseen breaks every 2-3 months. Breaks are usually a week or two.

Most sessions consist on a vapman bowl, sometimes half a vapman bowl, or a Vaponic bowl. If I use the herbo Ti or EMK more frequently I'll go through the stash faster.

I never weigh my stash when I get it. I'm always satisfied with the quantity I get. I always assumed those 10€ were around 2g but maybe I'm wrong and my plug is more generous than what I thought...

Jojofernz

I probably consume too much in others opinions.

But what you think about yourself matters the most. What others think of you, matters none.

Between me and my fiancé we go through a half ounce in a week-week and a half.

Myself personally, vape morning, afternoon, and night.

I’m a medical user. I’ve taken “breaks” here and there but I don’t feel there is a problem with my usage, doesn’t impact my behavior, at least not that I notice or have been told, and I’m not breaking the bank with it.

Better than the ounce or more we could go throw in about the same time when I was combusting!

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
How would you guys categorize my cannabis use? Too much? Too little? Average? Ridiculous?
I wouldn't use any of those categorisations. It's not for me to say what's to much or too little for yourself, I can only do that for myself and I get it wrong frequently lol. I have no idea what the actual average is. I don't think any cannabis use is ridiculous if it's not beyond ones financial or social budget.

I vape every day, I use edibles every day. I'm not even sure exactly how much but it's not financially odorous and doesn't affect my ability to seem 'normal' in social situations.

My question to you would be how do you categorise your usage, and why?

NeoSteam85

Women and Rhythm Section first
3-4 sessions a week. I take unforeseen breaks every 2-3 months. Breaks are usually a week or two.

Most sessions consist on a vapman bowl, sometimes half a vapman bowl, or a Vaponic bowl. If I use the herbo Ti or EMK more frequently I'll go through the stash faster.

I never weigh my stash when I get it. I'm always satisfied with the quantity I get. I always assumed those 10€ were around 2g but maybe I'm wrong and my plug is more generous than what I thought...

Man you are my hero 😱 that is precisely the kind of goal I set for me!

At the moment, I reduced from the daily average of 3g to 1.5g (Amsterdam's sativas) thanks to the use of vaporizers over spliffs: instead of +/- 8 spliffs, I now enjoy some Crafty bowls during the day and the Plenty with a full chamber for my night session.

I feel I have been definitely burning too much and I think that I can still improve my vaping to properly enjoy the magic of the herb instead of continuously being with a light buzz.

Indeed there is no absolute meter for judgment nor standard nor norms. Only thing that matters is what we feel is best for our self.

Radwin Bodnic

Man you are my hero 😱 that is precisely the kind of goal I set for me!

At the moment, I reduced from the daily average of 3g to 1.5g (Amsterdam's sativas) thanks to the use of vaporizers over spliffs: instead of +/- 8 spliffs, I now enjoy some Crafty bowls during the day and the Plenty with a full chamber for my night session.

I feel I have been definitely burning too much and I think that I can still improve my vaping to properly enjoy the magic of the herb instead of continuously being with a light buzz.

Indeed there is no absolute meter for judgment nor standard nor norms. Only thing that matters is what we feel is best for our self.

Not to get off topic but you might want to read through the microdosing thread if you haven't yet. ;)
And feel free to DM me if you want to go on with this conversation.

florduh

I maybe consume around 2g weekly. As I said, mostly once a day, sometimes twice a day.

200.gif

bhasma

In another thread I mentioned 500 mg/day as a safe limit for THC consumption by an average person, but a more conservative PDE (Permitted Daily Exposure) level of 70 mg/day has also been suggested. And medical consensus says there is no therapeutic benefit from dosage beyond 40 mg/day, although higher doses are sometimes used.

For herbal cannabis, the upper range for safe use is generally considered to be around 3 g/day, and most medical users take 1–3 g/day, but some may use 5 g/day or more.

For edibles, a microdose of THC is 2.5 mg or less, a low dose is 3–5 mg, a moderate dose is 10–15 mg, a high dose is 20–30 mg, a very high dose is 50–100 mg, and an extremely high dose is 100–500 mg. And to maintain levels through the day perhaps four doses are required. So a microdoser could use up to 10 mg/day, a light user 12–20 mg/day, a moderate user 40–60 mg/day, a heavy user 80–120 mg/day, a very heavy user 200–400 mg/day, and an extremely heavy user more than 400 mg/day.

And translating that to dry herb consumption (assuming 20% THC):
Microdose - up to 0.05 g/day or 0.35 g/week
Light - 0.06–0.1 g/day or 0.42–0.7 g/week
Moderate - 0.2–0.3 g/day or 1.4–2.1 g/week
PDE - 0.35 g/day or 2.45 g/week
Heavy - 0.4–0.6 g/day or 2.8–4.2 g/week
Very Heavy - 1–2 g/day or 7–14 g/week
Extremely Heavy - more than 2 g/day or 14 g/week

So @TheFatBastard your usage would probably be described as "moderate".

Variations in body weight and metabolism make a universally applicable classification difficult, and doses required per day and herb quality will vary, so calculations can only be approximate.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
the Plenty with a full chamber for my night session.
I usually cram 4+ grams into a full Plenty bowl...quite easy to get thru an oz a week depending on devices used and making low temp, low pressure rosin can consume quite a bit more.
1652930783639-png.36954
1652930822044-png.36955

Ball vapes are also another way to chew thru the buds (especially with rosin on top).
When I was on my WoodScents binge an oz would last 2 weeks,
img_20181010_184448-jpg.5754

An oz would last a month or more when I was younger and just a social smoker but now I am a medical vaper I consume much more, so I would say you are a light social toker @TheFatBastard and I hope you never need to cross over to be a medical user:tup:

Last edited:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I am a "extremely heavy" user (based on @bhasma comment). I medicate to manage PTSD and Arthritis (at a high level), as a "extreme heavy" cannabis user I am a MUCH lower prescription medication user compared to other people in my position who rely on pharmaceuticals to get through each day. I think, and my doctors and partner agree, that I am a much better person now, than when I was before making the switch.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I don't think how much you use is really that important, as long as it's not negatively affecting other areas of your life; like for example, as long as its not financially unsustainable or having a negative affect on your health or your relationships: then, does it really matter how much you use?

NeoSteam85

Women and Rhythm Section first
Not to get off topic but you might want to read through the microdosing thread if you haven't yet. ;)
Thanks a lot @Radwin Bodnic, I just started to read it and it's indeed truly useful to me! I am learning so much :bowdown:

This community it's terrific, thank you guys :love:

@bhasma your [Richter] scale it's really interesting: I'd definitely define my self as an heavy user, since I have no harsh medical condition and cannabis help me with stress, sleep and eating related problems.

Yet, indeed, as VapingYogi and LesPlenty put it, to each his own.

Because Plato is the best:
"justice is when everyone minds his own business, and refrains from meddling in others' affairs"
τὸ τὰ αὑτοῦ πράττειν καὶ μὴ πολυπραγμονεῖν δικαιοσύνη ἐστί

:myday:

bhasma

And I am apparently a "very heavy" user. I have tried to objectively classify usage levels in order to satisfy the original question, following standard advice on dosage and medical recommendations from various sources, with "moderate" use up to the Permissible Daily Exposure and "heavy" use beyond that, and with "extremely heavy" use exceeding the Acceptable Daily Intake. The "extreme" category is very broad, ranging from the ADI (7 mg/kg/day THC) up to the No Observed Adverse Effect Level (700 mg/kg/day THC). No judgement was intended with any class of usage, and if one's Cannabis use is not problematic then adjectives are meaningless.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
And I am apparently a "very heavy" user. I have tried to objectively classify usage levels in order to satisfy the original question, following standard advice on dosage and medical recommendations from various sources, with "moderate" use up to the Permissible Daily Exposure and "heavy" use beyond that, and with "extremely heavy" use exceeding the Acceptable Daily Intake. The "extreme" category is very broad, ranging from the ADI (7 mg/kg/day THC) up to the No Observed Adverse Effect Level (700 mg/kg/day THC). No judgement was intended with any class of usage, and if one's Cannabis use is not problematic then adjectives are meaningless.
I never took what you said as any judgement mate, just to be clear, I was just using it as way to advance the conversation :)

budski

cantre member
I'm more of a wake & bake all day sipper, chronic light buzz type. 1g+/- a day makes me a heavy I guess. I do believe that both genetic disposition and life long tolerances make any kind of usage by weight scale is only case by case at best. My problem isn't the dope, it's out of control VAS!! I should have gone straight from the V3 to the tinymight2 and saved a few hundred $$

Last edited:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I'm more of a wake & bake all day sipper, chronic light buzz type. 1g+/- a day makes me a heavy I guess. My problem isn't the dope, it's out of control VAS!! I should have gone straight from the V3 to the tinymight2 and saved a few hundred $$
VAS is a driving force for a lot of us and I my bank account is looking bare because of it - Its become the closest thing to a hobby I have - which is somewhat challenging. It definitely more of a problem than the meds.

TheFatBastard

And translating that to dry herb consumption (assuming 20% THC):
Microdose - up to 0.05 g/day or 0.35 g/week
Light - 0.06–0.1 g/day or 0.42–0.7 g/week
Moderate - 0.2–0.3 g/day or 1.4–2.1 g/week
PDE - 0.35 g/day or 2.45 g/week
Heavy - 0.4–0.6 g/day or 2.8–4.2 g/week
Very Heavy - 1–2 g/day or 7–14 g/week
Extremely Heavy - more than 2 g/day or 14 g/week

So @TheFatBastard your usage would probably be described as "moderate".

Variations in body weight and metabolism make a universally applicable classification difficult, and doses required per day and herb quality will vary, so calculations can only be approximate.
Thanks @bhasma!

I’ve gone from vaping only weekends to vape daily, and though I don’t vape that constantly (max. 2 sessions a day) maybe I’m using too much material.

A bowl in my Crafty+ really does it, and maybe I should fill only medium bowl.

TheFatBastard,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

swolisen

Hello, like others have said categorizing somebody elses use is hard since everybody has different needs and tolerances, but I know that for me, since I'm not a medical user, I try not to let my tolerance increase so much that taking a few days/week/whatever off feels overwhelming because of the dependency on it for sleep. This usually equates to one dynavap bowl with a 50/50 mix with high quality CBD 1-4 times per week.

I find that it's very easy to slip back to everyday use when I haven't taken a long enough break to let the majority of the THC leave my body and I decide to toke up, especially if it's a night with the boys and we pack a few bowls. Mostly because of the following night sweats, restless sleep and cravings on my following day/s off. You said that you take 1-2 days off regularly, how are you sleeping on these days?

I would say that in your case, if you don't consume every day of the week, you could get away with packing less material in your bowl, and if you haven't tried it, I highly recommend adding CBD to the mix. I've weighed out my dynavap bowls and I consume 0,03g weed in a 50/50 mix with CBD when I partake, and this gives me GREAT effects for several hours. I find that when I increase my THC dosage, I tend to get more lethargic and I become really groggy in the morning.

Wow, I guess I use a bit too much by most standards. LOL

I am an original hippie and stoner. I have smoked or vaped pot every day since July 4th, 1968. Since 2003 when I retired I use about 2 ounces a week. I vape as much as I can but sometimes it just doesn't fit so I still smoke joints as part of my consumption.

I grow my own so it's not a money issue and I am retired and living in a SoCal paradise so...WTF why not. LOL

Top Bottom