How was your last week?

throwawaytre3s

I feel like this would be better posted in the vaporizer lounge subforum, but last time I posted a question like this there, it got moved here. Figured I'd save pakalolo or momofthegoons some work, and post it here this time!

So, how as your last week? It's been a hell of a ride for me. I broke up with my now ex, I moved 400 miles home, unpacked all my stuff, and paid my deposit for spring semester. I also did a bunch of grocery shopping to fill up what was my empty kitchen, put my studded snow tires on, and got some other housework done (prepped the snow blower). I've been able to vape a lot, which is fantastic. I'm finally getting to see my friends and family after quite a long time away. Overall I'd say it's been a good week.

What about you guys?

Modnote: Thread was moved to the lounge since it's not about vapor/vaporizers.

Last edited by a moderator:

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
I broke up with my now ex
Overall I'd say it's been a good week.

Can those two statements belong in the same breath, especially when talking Christmas week?

I ate too much, drank too much, vaped too much, still finishing off the decorating for the nursery and landing and now I'm back at work!

So all-in-all I'd say it's been a good week too :)

killick

But I like it!
As above, but add multiple days plowing driveways - we're the only place in Canada to get hammered with snow, despite the fact that we are in the banana belt and everyone besides us is *not* getting snow (or just started yesterday - bastids). It seems to follow me around... Watch out Fla in march :)

Edit - does anyone know of any good vapes one can use when wielding an ATV at high speeds while being covered in layers of snow? I'm thinking something capable of holding ~5 grams, instant heat, left inside jacket pocket, and hooked into a full-face motorcycle helmet. That way I can use the Bluetooth tunes from my phone, keep the ice from making my beard look like freak alien teeth, and also vape without risking the vape to the road, or my teeth to the vape - we have a lot of bumpy gravel around here, and you don't know the bump is there til it's about 20 feet behind you...

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
does anyone know of any good vapes one can use when wielding an ATV at high speeds while being covered in layers of snow? I'm thinking something capable of holding ~5 grams, instant heat, left inside jacket pocket, and hooked into a full-face motorcycle helmet. That way I can use the Bluetooth tunes from my phone, keep the ice from making my beard look like freak alien teeth, and also vape without risking the vape to the road, or my teeth to the vape - we have a lot of bumpy gravel around here, and you don't know the bump is there til it's about 20 feet behind you...
Just finishing up the telepathic trigger switch of the unit and sharpening the frozen beard trimmer attachment... Will PM once unit complete...

There was no way I was letting that pass un-DDaved! :rockon:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I have had a pretty decent week. Way too much vapour & was a general bad influence on others (it is like missionary work really). My niece & nephew are now at an age where I will have to be a bit more discreet around them but seeing their eyes light up on Christmas morning is worth it.

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
@killick have you tried one of these :science:

gas-mask-water-pipes-sealed-acrylic-hookah.jpg

I'm sure @DDave can mod it for vaping ;)

1DMF,
Reactions: killick

sativasam

NO SMOKING
My last week was like a roller coaster of emotions. I can go from on top of the world to the dark depths of hell and back again 3 times in a day without even leaving the house. :):(:):(:):(

throwawaytre3s

@killick have you tried one of these :science:

gas-mask-water-pipes-sealed-acrylic-hookah.jpg

I'm sure @DDave can mod it for vaping ;)
I haven't seen one of these in years! Except in the bargain bin at my LHS. They always seem so 2005 to me, they're a little bit before my time. The sort of thing I'd see in an older cousins bedroom when I was younger.

throwawaytre3s,
Reactions: 1DMF

subway13029

@killick bring on that snow..so everyone can stop talking about the great jacksonville snowstorm of 89..literally shut the city down for a couple flurries..i was 9..remember so vivid..have literally seen snow 3 times since..obviously other places but never enough to fully matter..still trying every winter we go somewhere but i dont fly and my fiance only drive so far so we are hit and miss..we hit on some snow in boone,nc last year..going there again in 3 weeks we shall see..they alwayd have the manmade snow there..lol

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Ate way too much of everything. Drank too much of everything. Vaped too much .... wait ... I'm taking that back...Vaped the correct amount :rockon:

Edit - does anyone know of any good vapes one can use when wielding an ATV at high speeds while being covered in layers of snow?

I'd have to go with the MFLB pre-loaded and two fresh batteries - closest I can get to something small enough and instant. Match it up with a acrylic stem and one foot whip.

You could get a X-Max Pro V2 and preload with a fresh battery but it's way larger and not quite an instant heat up.

grokit

well-worn member
Lots of ups and downs lately. My vehicle situation has been taking front center, since my treasured sedan finally up and died for good. I closed the deal on the new subaru I needed today. It's a far cry from the new subaru I wanted, but it's still my first new vehicle in over 35 years and I'm happy as hell to have it.
:rockon:

throwawaytre3s

Lots of ups and downs lately. My vehicle situation has been taking front center, since my treasured sedan finally up and died for good. I closed the deal on the new subaru I needed today. It's a far cry from the new subaru I wanted, but it's still my first new vehicle in over 35 years and I'm happy as hell to have it.

That's awesome man! I can imagine. My best friend and girlfriend both just got new (to them at least) cars. They aren't in too bad of a shape either! Congratulations man!

throwawaytre3s,
Reactions: grokit

Harmoniousliving

I'm in your position now !except I already have the Subaru and it also died for good :(

Harmoniousliving,
Reactions: grokit

GetLeft

My last three vehicles have been subis. The first two of them the outbacks that weren't the giant suv things they are now, but just nice sized safe satation wagon things that suited my life style perfectly. When my last one died a couple of years ago (a little sooner than I would have liked) I was surprised I couldn't continue with the outback (too big too much money) so I went with the impy. An adjustment to say the least but now i'm a big impy fan. For life. Or until they make them too big and too expensive...

It's been a long week since turkey day when our well went dry and we had to figure out what it was and spent two weeks without running water before it got fixed. Global warming, folks. It's here and near. Tip to those without running water: don't use your limited water on cleaning yourself. You need it more for drinking and washing your dishes. Having managed a relatively low level of cleanliness during that time, I may never bathe again :|. Had to refi the ol' shed. Spent an afternoon fixing my dishwasher a couple of days before xmas then four more days getting over the nerve/muscle pain I incurred while fixing it. I mean it was incapacitating pain so I learned much respect for those who suffer permanent pain issues and I learned gratefulness when the pain started to ease up. Stressful xmas as always ($$$$$ travel travel travel travel) all the way through last night when my wife and I spent the whole day cleaning then cooking for a small visit from friends. Slept well though 'cause all the crap is done for a while! Biding my time this morning before I fill up the nano with some super silver haze and get back to my best xmas present, spqr.

Peace y'all.

grokit

well-worn member
My last three vehicles have been subis. The first two of them the outbacks that weren't the giant suv things they are now, but just nice sized safe satation wagon things that suited my life style perfectly. When my last one died a couple of years ago (a little sooner than I would have liked) I was surprised I couldn't continue with the outback (too big too much money) so I went with the impy. An adjustment to say the least but now i'm a big impy fan. For life. Or until they make them too big and too expensive...
Yeah I was a fan even before I bought my '97 gt sedan from a russian chop shop (seriously, I got lucky; I had no idea about this stuff and I don't advise it). I thought I had a good plan to just drive it in the winter and use my even older mazda mpv van in the summers (it had a bad heater, and no snow tires).

Now the Mazda has new snow tires courtesy of the mechanic that messed up my subaru (not directly but with bad advice so I'm happy to have them), and he 'only' charged me for a day's labor to replace that heater core (I know it took a lot longer and he didn't want to do it). It's still scary as hell on an alaskan winter highway at night, but hopefully last night's drive to sign papers was the last trip like that.

I wanted a "too big and expensive" legacy sedan, I really like them but I fell in love with the most expensive one (3.6r) and me wanting that almost blew the financing. Rather than order the legacy I wanted, I took a base-level impreza 5-door off the lot to get free the winter tire sale (in addition to the regular ones).

So that's exciting. On the home front I ran out of propane last weekend, and can't get any more delivered until next monday so I had to put that turkey I thawed out back into the freezer, again. I was hoping to roast that sucker up on new year's day, but oh well gotta roll with life on the subarctic boreal prairie.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Finally landed in a roo a few weeks ago, these things are great and I'll never drive a sedan again!

FlyingLow,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Lol- your mileage may vary ;)

The remote control planes and helicopters I transport [and fly] require at least 85" in the cargo... otherwise I gotta borrow a buddy's truck or trailer to move my gear. I'm loving station wagon livin!

Top Bottom