How to use NFE tools to change mod firmware on a Mac (ArcticFox RedPanda)

BlazeDis

Hi I have a mac and an Espion 200w on the way . Can i install the Red Panda bin file via the Joyetech Updater or does it have to be NFE tools as cant seem to get it to open on my Macbook . Is it PC only ?
Can anyone talk me through the procedure please ?

BlazeDis,

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Hi I have a mac and an Espion 200w on the way . Can i install the Red Panda bin file via the Joyetech Updater or does it have to be NFE tools as cant seem to get it to open on my Macbook . Is it PC only ?
This won’t be helpful if you’re dead set on using your Mac, my apologies. I only own Macs and after reading about the issues of trying to get NFE Tools to work with a Mac, I immediately borrowed a PC. Was a breeze, takes less than 10 minutes total. But I understand your frustration being a Mac only household.

jbm

I only own Macs and after reading about the issues of trying to get NFE Tools to work with a Mac, I immediately borrowed a PC.
This is really the simplest solution. I own a Mac as well, and I use VirtualBox running a copy of Windows 10 for NFE Tools. But it's not easily set up, so if you can borrow someone else's PC it'll be much easier.

seki

I don't have any experience running this on a Mac, but Wine works well on Linux. There is an official MacOS port, but I don't know how it functions or if it works with NFETools. If borrowing or getting access to a Windows PC is an issue, this may be an option:

https://wiki.winehq.org/MacOS

seki,

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
I don't have any experience running this on a Mac, but Wine works well on Linux. There is an official MacOS port, but I don't know how it functions or if it works with NFETools. If borrowing or getting access to a Windows PC is an issue, this may be an option:

https://wiki.winehq.org/MacOS
WINE is not an option for this, additionally it hasn't functioned in macOS since macOS 10.15 was released and Apple whacked all 32bit code. VirtualBox works fine, Parallels works as well (that's what I use)

ProfessionalHandJob,
Reactions: bossman

jbm

I don't have any experience running this on a Mac, but Wine works well on Linux. There is an official MacOS port, but I don't know how it functions or if it works with NFETools.
There was a guy on Reddit who had a complete NFETools setup that ran under Wine on MacOS. I never got it to work. My experience with Wine is that it's VERY iffy and you'd be better off braving VBox or Parallels. Or, as a few people have suggested, borrowing a PC.

jbm,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Easiest is to find a pc elsewhere yeah. I have a Red Panda config file; if you want it pm me your email address. Doesn't solve the Mac dilemma though

rozaliedemeter

This will not solve the problem if you have a Mac. You have no idea how many problems I had with this laptop, I regretted many times that I bought the Mac. Recently 33GB of memory suddenly disappeared, it was important data on which my business depended. If I could not recover this data with salvagedata.com, I would be in very big trouble with my employees and bank accounts. I promised that I would never fall for Apple's popularity again. What is the best computer to choose for normal everyday use?

rozaliedemeter,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I bootcamped most of my Macs over the years, so I could boot it into Windows OS and run any windows-only software I needed. I rarely needed it, but never had any troubles when I did.

Admittedly though, I like to keep my Macs pure and not have to install windows because I am usually annoyed by it...so these days I usually just keep a spare Windows machine around for when I need one.

Ramahs,

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Works fine with virtual box which is a free solution. You’ll need to get your hands on a copy of windows but installing virtual box and setting up a vm for this is easy—you can just stick with the defaults and delete it when you’re done if you don’t think you’ll ever change the configuration of your mod.

N.b. I work with computers for a living so my definition of “easy” there is probably very different from most peoples, but in this case you most likely really can just click next through the install and vm setup screens and be just fine.

gordontreeman,
Reactions: Ramahs
Top Bottom