How to use a bubbler with an E-Nano?

batbird

Hi there, this is a very basic question, and any advice is greatly appreciated. My SO and I have been smoking together for years, but our shared knowledge is very limited. We used a standard glass pipe for a long time, upgraded to a bong, made the move away from combustion with an MFLB, and finally purchased an E-Nano about two months ago. So far we've been doing direct draw with the glass stem, which has been nice, but mild; sort of hit or miss, even when we play around with temp and draw speeds.

After reading tips here, we decided to invest in a bubbler, and just ordered a D020 from dhgate. Does anyone have a very basic guide to how to use and get the most out of a bubbler, for the completely uninitiated? The gist of it, as we can tell, is to fill up the main chamber with water so that the downward-facing tube is submerged, to put our stuff in the removable glass piece, and then invert the the E-Nano and put the central heating element into the top of the removable bit. Is this accurate? Anything we should know in terms of temperature, amount of product to use, how long can we leave the E-Nano on the bubbler, etc?

Thank you!

batbird,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
@batbird if you ask this over in the e-nano thread over in the plug-in section of the vaporizer discussion section of the forum you might get answers much quicker along with video help that's already there. I don't own a nano so this is the best advice I can give.

Good luck 'n' Peace.

max

Out to lunch
There are multiple youtube vids on most popular vaporizers, and some on models you've probably never heard of. Several on this page - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=e-nano+vaporizer

temperature
Usually 5-8 is a good range. At my house we use 5.5-7.

amount of product to use
That's up to you. You don't want it slam full or nearly empty, and how much you load (and whether you pack) CAN affect your vaping temp, since the distance from the heater will vary. This is just part of the learning curve. I usually load about half full.

how long can we leave the E-Nano on the bubbler
It's not a big deal, heat wise, since heat rises, but to help avoid accidents, it's better to keep hands on during the hit and then remove the vape.

EverythingsHazy

The gist of it, as we can tell, is to fill up the main chamber with water so that the downward-facing tube is submerged, to put our stuff in the removable glass piece, and then invert the the E-Nano and put the central heating element into the top of the removable bit. Is this accurate? Anything we should know in terms of temperature, amount of product to use, how long can we leave the E-Nano on the bubbler, etc?

Thank you!

Yea, that's correct. The nano's temp varies a bit from unit to unit, and even outlet to outlet, so you'll have to find your personal number on the dial, but most people use it between 5.5-7. You can leave the nano on the bubbler as long as you want, but if you aren't hitting the piece, it will be heating your bud for nothing.

A good technique for using the nano with a GonG and bubbler, is to hover the heater above the top of your material in the GonG for the first hit, and move it in a circular motion to cover the entire top of the load, not just the middle, since it will be taller due to more moisture content. Then when you stir it, the load usually shrinks a bit, and you can let the heater rest on the GonG by itself (if the bubbler can support the weight without tipping).

Also, BE CAREFUL with touching the GonG after having the nano on it. It can get ridiculously hot. The silicone tubing it comes with is a great heat barrier to save your fingers.

Uzer

• Fill it so that the water just covers the top of the percolator attached to the downtube.
  • When you hit it you'll want to remove the Nano and GonG (Glass On Glass adapter) from the bong before you stop drawing because your drawing causes the water to rise up, when you stop the water falls back down creating a pulse of air that can blow your herb out of the GonG into the nano heater or out all over your table.
  • I like to go hotter with water, I think the E-Nano really shines this way. I'm at between 6.5 and 8, but that depends on herb and how far I have the screen pushed away from the heater. I mostly hang out around 7 though. All this will depends on if you like flavor or vapor quantity more. Hotter will get you closer to the feeling of a combustion hit but flavor will suffer. Be careful about going to hot though, you can combust. And Fuck Combustion.
  • The E-Nano is convection so you don't have to leave the heater on the GonG when you aren't using it. Some people like to "heat soak" but It does nothing for me.
  • Stir you load with the E-pic every couple hits.
  • You'll probably start off with your pipe on a table and using two hands to work the Nano and GonG. This is probably a good idea as I hear about people breaking GonGs by dropping them trying to be fancy with their technique. Eventually you'll be kicked-back on the couch one-handing the Nano and GonG with the D020 in the other.
  • Insert loaded GonG into pipe. Place Nano on GonG, you don't have to hold it, it will stay on its own. Take your hit. Remove Nano and GonG from pipe before you stop drawing. Clear Pipe by inhaling deeply. Put GonG back in pipe. Place E-Nano on horizontal surface. Repeat as needed.

Top Bottom