How to make super cool coconut oil capsules

mrdrip

thx nose
this is a dope idea i mean rly dope!!
i've been cooking with coconut oil and bud since day 1! cookies brownies turn out amazing and are in turn healthier for you beacause its coconut oil! also you can use a steamer if you've got one, just place the raw oil and dump some dank bud in let steam for 1/2hr and boom u got yourself some sick oil!

mrdrip,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
coconut oil is the healthiest thing evaaa <3 medium chain fatty acids are the shitt,.. don't believe the saturated fat bullshit when it comes to coconut oil. I will def have to try this!

Elluzion,

asaghost

Back in 1998 or so, I stumbled upon a method similar to this topic.
My Personal MJ Capsule Recipe
* Finely Ground MJ
* Small amount of olive / grape seed oil
* VG capsules

This brings back some hazy memories. I only used a little more oil than mj, with the flame as low as possible. After getting it between a brown and black color, I got it into the caps, and then froze the caps.

Freezing serves the dual purpose of preserving the oil and breaking open more THC cells. I have not made any pills since learning about prebaking the mj in the oven.

When I popped the cap in my mouth, I swirled it with my tongue until it started dissolving before swallowing. Before 30 minutes on an empty stomach, I could feel something. I always took a few at a time before concerts to enhance the music, and also enjoyed a one pill every few hours plateau high. They usually gave me a body high...Chicago lo/mid grade.

Make it bare-handed and sloppy and lick your fingers clean. If you get ridiculously high as a result, victory!

asaghost,

Nycdeisel

Bump. I have some nice organic Virgin Coconut Oil and i want to make some canna coconut oil.
I would like to use ABV. is cooking hotter necessary? or just more time left in contact with the oil, without heat being applied at the same time.

Nycdeisel,

Tuck

Coconut oil at room temperature is solid, so you'll need to take it at least a little warmer than room temperature. I've had success with an hour in the oven at 225-250F, using a baking dish sealed with foil. When I turn off the oven, I leave the dish in the oven for another 20-30 minutes.

Tuck,

Nycdeisel

ANybody else? Im not sure what to do I really would not like to waste what I have saved in ABV

Nycdeisel,

Tuck

Nycdeisel, if you need more info, check out BadKittySmiles' guide. She gives guidance using hash and flowers but doesn't really mention ABV. Obviously, you can skip the de-carb process in her guide, when using ABV. She's a proponent of Soy Lecitin, which IIRC, you aren't. It's optional though and can also be skipped.

I have successfully used her guide with ABV and ABV-QWISO (using Everclear instead of ISO). Using the concentrate, made for a stronger capsule. And I prefer a stronger capsule, because 00's are a bit of a horsepill.

Tuck,

Nycdeisel

Thank you, Tuck :)

jaynick- As stated already, coconut oil is a solid at room temperature and melts just above room temperature. Like skin temperature. Put some on your skin, it melts into liquid within seconds.

Nycdeisel,

Nycdeisel

So I FINALLY made some canna coconut oil, and thought i would come bump this thread, with some pictures of course ;)

My starting material- close to an ounce of ABV
DSC05181.jpg

After being cooked at 300 degrees in a glass pan with a lid, and straining, I got this(sorry for the shitty picture)
DSC05184.jpg

Then I put it in the fridge overnight, and I had this
DSC05185.jpg

DSC05186.jpg

Now, I did not put mine into capsules, though that would be very easy to do(i even have capsules here if i wish to do that), i prefer to just eat it alone at this time, skip the vehicle, eat it straight or on some food :)
It smells and tastes really nice too. and seems to be pretty potent :tup:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Very nice NYC :tup: My latest lab notes on my version of BadKittySmile's recipe:

Hash caps: The following recipe should yield about 60 hash caps.

Materials:

12 grams bubble hash
¼ cup coconut oil (4 tablespoons or 12 teaspoons)
5 teaspoons lecithin (1 table spoon + 2 teaspoons)
00 Gelatin capsules
Mortar & pestle
Glass eyedropper
Ice
Pill bottle
Paper towels

Procedure:

1. Decarb 12 grams hash in mortar at 210F for 20 minutes
  2. Add 1 tablespoon lecithin and grind/stir
  3. Add ¼ cup melted coconut oil and grind/stir
  4. Preheat oven to 250F
  5. Place double foil sealed mortar, on cookie sheet, then into oven
  6. Adjust temp down to 220F, set timer for 40 minutes
  7. When time expires shut off oven and wait 10 minutes
  8. Vent some heat and wait 5 minutes, repeat
  9. Remove mortar from oven and let sit for 30 minutes
  10. Unwrap mortar and add one teaspoon lecithin and stir/grind
  11. Re-wrap mortar and place in freezer for at least 8 hours
  12. Remove mortar from freezer and allow to warm to room temp
  13. Place sealed mortar into cold oven then set preheat to 220F
  14. Set timer for 40 minutes
  15. When time expires vent and cool as before
  16. Remove mortar from oven and let sit for 30 minutes
  17. Go back to step 12 if desired or proceed to next step
  18. Stir/grind until you are happy with consistency
  19. Fill caps with eyedropper utilizing paper towels and ice
Batch log:
  1. 12 grams hash
  2. 4 ½ teaspoons lecithin
  3. ¼ cup coconut oil
Yield = 72 caps + 1 test cap = 73

Dose = 12 grams/73caps = 0.164/cap

Notes: A little sludgy upon reheat after freeze but stirred and capped well. Upped lecithin a little. Test dose was a potent, functional, baseline.

Edit: Judging the quality of the emulsion is key as you go from heat processing to freezer and back to room temp. Elbow grease pays off.

Nycdeisel

Thanks Tdub :)

Nice recipe there!

Im really loving this stuff really helps with pains on a regular basis

Nycdeisel,

JEKLIS

I have been perfecting my cooking methods with coconut oil, and it's great because you can cook WAY more material into the oil because of the high saturated fat. I have been using old hash material that my friend blew thru to make some oil. Even after it was blown, the oil that resulted was some of the most potent i have made. (it was 40 gs of material to 2 cups of oil). I strained out the plant material and the oil was still a dark dark green. I have eaten it plain and it works, just way easier to "OD". A plate of rice crispies only uses 2 tbsp of oil, and if you eat one treat (1/12th of the plate, 1/6th of a tbsp) you will be DONE in 30 to 45. This is great because the rice crispies are the most economic to make and distribute. Not to mention coconut oil is a superfood and it really good for the body.

druminfected

I would love for a ABV recipe with this instructing how much ABV to coconut oil and lecithin. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

druminfected,
Top Bottom