How to lower your THC tolerance (and some questions)

gb902

Vaporog
I usually vape on night, about 2 or 3 hours before bedtime, but sometimes if I go to sleep 10 mins after vaped, the effect on sleep and dreaming are a little different. However vaping helps me to sleep better.

I smoked until a year ago, and often I felt very bad (stomach-ache, need to vomit, total confusion, etc...) and it wasn't funny.
When I switched (permanently) to vape, I've never had either an unpleasant effect, everytime I vaped I just reached a fully enjoyable effect (very intense, relaxing, and sometimes a bit "astral"). I just love it.
Even when I get extremely ripped, I never feel a bad effect with vape (sometimes only a little headache).

gb902,

sixthsensi

Vapor Rapor
Just wanted to chime in and say thank you to gb902 for posting the article. I've been using the method for a few weeks, and it works great!:D

sixthsensi,

gb902

Vaporog
sixthsensi said:
Just wanted to chime in and say thank you to gb902 for posting the article. I've been using the method for a few weeks, and it works great!:D
You don't have to give thanks to me, I have just found this article and shared with you.
But... I haven't understood very well the method, it is a bit confusing for me.
Can you explain better how do you use this method?
Anyway I'm glad to know that it has been useful for you;)

gb902,

baurman

This worked pretty good for me. I usually do 3 tubes in a session to get where i want to be. I feel i have a fairly high tolerance. I woke up in the morning and just did 1 tube and was gonna do more but thought of this thread and decided to chill in my bed. About 15-20 minutes later I am just feeling really really vaked. Stretching in bed feels amazing.

baurman,

gb902

Vaporog
baurman said:
This worked pretty good for me. I usually do 3 tubes in a session to get where i want to be. I feel i have a fairly high tolerance. I woke up in the morning and just did 1 tube and was gonna do more but thought of this thread and decided to chill in my bed. About 15-20 minutes later I am just feeling really really vaked. Stretching in bed feels amazing.
So what is the tecnique? If I am not wrong, it's best to vape a smaller amount than usually, and wait for the high without vape anymore... right?

gb902,

GreenLeaf

IME the only thing that reduces your tolerance even if you are a daily user of herb is actually stopping smoking/vaping/eating.

Smoking or vaping different strains can give you a different high especially if it's a Sativa or Indica dominant strain or pure I or S and it's totally different from the regular stuff you've been smoking but you'll still have a tolerance.

GreenLeaf,

baurman

gb902 said:
baurman said:
So what is the tecnique? If I am not wrong, it's best to vape a smaller amount than usually, and wait for the high without vape anymore... right?
Just vaping 1/3 less than I usually do. I woke up around 8am and I did 1 tube in the purple days and I didn't feel anything, usually i do about 3 in one session and I stop. But I remembered this thread and I just stopped after 1 tube and went back on my bed... about 15 minutes later i started feeling really really nice. I fell asleep and woke up at Noon! I'll try it again tomorrow.
Does this only work with wake and bakes or every session if you just wait 20 minutes? Because normally, I go through about 9 tubes throughout the day... 3 in the morning, afternoon and evening before bed. Rinse repeat, I do this every day and I think my tolerance is pretty high. So ill try to just do 1 and then wait 20 minutes.

baurman,

gb902

Vaporog
I don't know, but I think that "wake n bake" has to be avoided to keep the tolerance low.
I never smoke more than one bowl, even sometimes I use the same bowl for a second session (in a different day), and I think it is a good thing for my tolerance because after the first session, the same herb has different cannabinoids, so the second session has a little different effect (more stoney). This helps the brain to get different cannabinoids everytime (and different doses of them).
For example: 1 session: lower temperature vape most of THC (and little CBD) and I get high.
2 session: the herb is more dark, little higher temps vape most of CBD (and little THC remained) and I get stoned.
So the brain never get used too much on the same cannabinoids.

gb902,

Qbit

cannabanana
gb902 said:
I don't know, but I think that "wake n bake" has to be avoided to keep the tolerance low.
Yeah but the point is that for your first hit, whether in the morning or in the evening, it's best to keep it small to start with and wait for the effects to kick in before you continue. Of course if you keep vaping all day you're soon going to reach saturation point, but at least you're not kicking things off by slamming yourself over the head with a psychotic OD.

I never smoke more than one bowl, even sometimes I use the same bowl for a second session (in a different day), and I think it is a good thing for my tolerance because after the first session, the same herb has different cannabinoids, so the second session has a little different effect (more stoney). This helps the brain to get different cannabinoids everytime (and different doses of them).
For example: 1 session: lower temperature vape most of THC (and little CBD) and I get high.
2 session: the herb is more dark, little higher temps vape most of CBD (and little THC remained) and I get stoned.
So the brain never get used too much on the same cannabinoids.
Yeah I'll agree with you here - vaping at different temperatures will change what you're most tolerant to, so going for a different 'band' of the vapour spectrum at different times of the day works very well. Even if you've vaped and vaped and vaped at a low temp, your system is still fresh for the high boilers.

Qbit,

TheVaporDaddy

DO NOT REMOVE THIS TOPIC PLEASE MODERATORS/ADMINS I HAVE ALREADY SEARCHED IF IT EXISTS

anyways , i heard that doing vigouris exersise helps get thc out of your system because you sweat it out , i have been on a break for 2 days so far , and im thinking about buying a membership at the local community center because they have a sauna and im just wondering how much will a sauna help get thc out of my system and how often should i go there to actually make it effective

(just a note) i think i might be going through small withdrawl symptoms because in the last 2 days i have had NO appetite i have only been able to eat a hot dog a sandwitch and a bowl of cereal , and please dont take this offensive i know a few people are gonna disagree with me , but im just stating how i feel , anyways enough jibber jabber i know im boring you guys

if anyone has any other tips to help me get thc out of my system faster maybe suggest how long i should take a tolerance break for ( i smoked and vaped about 2 grams a day sometimes more ) any input would be MUCH appreciated

Mod note: Threads merged.

TheVaporDaddy,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
TheVaporDaddy said:
DO NOT REMOVE THIS TOPIC PLEASE MODERATORS/ADMINS I HAVE ALREADY SEARCHED IF IT EXISTS

anyways , i heard that doing vigouris exersise helps get thc out of your system because you sweat it out , i have been on a break for 2 days so far , and im thinking about buying a membership at the local community center because they have a sauna and im just wondering how much will a sauna help get thc out of my system and how often should i go there to actually make it effective

(just a note) i think i might be going through small withdrawl symptoms because in the last 2 days i have had NO appetite i have only been able to eat a hot dog a sandwitch and a bowl of cereal , and please dont take this offensive i know a few people are gonna disagree with me , but im just stating how i feel , anyways enough jibber jabber i know im boring you guys

if anyone has any other tips to help me get thc out of my system faster maybe suggest how long i should take a tolerance break for ( i smoked and vaped about 2 grams a day sometimes more ) any input would be MUCH appreciated
Nothing will help but a good week of abstinence. It's really not that long. :)

Vicki,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Exercise for 8 weeks. Eat a good diet. Don't vape. Don't indulge. Don't associate with anyone who does.

A quick question (because there is no magic), are you trying to reduce your tolerance or are you trying to get the THC out of your system for a test? There are several things that can help, but if you have a lab that really handles their samples properly, a good technician who knows what he/she is doing, a sensitive detector, etc....then your sample will probably test positive.

Of course, if all you're doing is a t-break please ignore the above :)

Tom

tdavie,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
TheVaporDaddy said:
i think i might be going through small withdrawl symptoms because in the last 2 days i have had NO appetite i have only been able to eat a hot dog a sandwitch and a bowl of cereal , and please dont take this offensive i know a few people are gonna disagree with me , but im just stating how i feel , anyways enough jibber jabber i know im boring you guys
Im surprised to see someone else has this problem, I cant remember the last time I was hungry sober

AgentofChaos,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
AgentofChaos said:
TheVaporDaddy said:
i think i might be going through small withdrawl symptoms because in the last 2 days i have had NO appetite i have only been able to eat a hot dog a sandwitch and a bowl of cereal , and please dont take this offensive i know a few people are gonna disagree with me , but im just stating how i feel , anyways enough jibber jabber i know im boring you guys
Im surprised to see someone else has this problem, I cant remember the last time I was hungry sober
Sometimes I need to vape just so I can load up on the food after a workout. I don't get the calories I need otherwise.

quomist,

lwien

quomist said:
Sometimes I need to vape just so I can load up on the food after a workout. I don't get the calories I need otherwise.
I WISH I had this problem. I get more calories than I need regardless what in the fuck I do, and I run 16 to 20 miles a week.

lwien,

TheVaporDaddy

Vicki said:
TheVaporDaddy said:

Nothing will help but a good week of abstinence. It's really not that long. :)
i have heard that a week is not very effective if your a heavy smoker/vaper , but i guess it all also depends on the person , i know a few people that are heavy chronics and they always get high as a kite no matter how much they over indulge on pot , god i wish i was like that

TheVaporDaddy,

gb902

Vaporog
TheVaporDaddy said:
[...]

Mod note: Threads merged.
Exercise, sauna and good diet can help to eliminate THC in your system (blood, fat), but it doesn't reduce your tolerance since the THC binds on brain receptors (IMO), so a t-break is the only way.
However I think that a t-break associated with a good diet and exercise give the best results, because when your body is fatigued it works more quickly (better blood circulation, heartbeat becomes fast).

gb902,

Legendary Blue

To add to the post above me.....

While I could be wrong, I have also heard that drinking green tea and working out/sweating as much as possible is good for lowering ones tolerance. I know many people do these types of things before taking a drug test, but from what I understand your tolerance is also affected by how much THC is being stored in your fat cells.

Point being, get that THC out of your system quicker and it will allow for a lower tolerance and normal hits will be satisfactory once again.

This is just something I heard, I have no proof to back it up. Has anyone else heard anything about this theory?

Legendary Blue,

gb902

Vaporog
Last night, something strange happened to me. I loaded about 0.1g in the VG Bat (as I usually do), then taken the usual 3 big hits. At this point I was high, but I wanted to try even more (I couldn't resist the new bud:p), so I got another good hit. The effect was increased, but... I wanted to try more, so I taken another good hit. Here comes the strange thing: the effect decreased within few minutes, the high was almost gone. The only effect I could feel was a strange stunning, and I felt tired for hours (not enough to make me sleep).
Probably I have understood the sense of the arcticle regarding the tolerance: vape until you get nice high, but not exceed or your brain will "protect" itself.
I used small amounts for one year, never exceeded the dose, and I never had tolerance problems, so (IMO) is possible to enjoy the effects frequently without the need of increase the dosage.

gb902,

Tee H. See

luchiano said:
You can do what the thread starter posted but the best option would be to do a good exhausting workout that involves running everyday preferably in the morning or earlier in the day.

This will keep your metabolism high and you will burn off excess cannabinoids which will do two things that a t-break won't.
Actually no they won't. Burning fat cells that contain THC metabolites have no correlation to the recovery of re-activation of THC receptors in the brain, eyes, and throughout the body. Burning metabolites by exercise will make you pass a drug test faster because metabolites are what are stored in fat, burned, and then excreted in urine and poop. Your brains THC receptors, when filled frequently, start shutting off and blocking themselves off from receiving THC (tolerance). When drug use is stopped, slowly the receptors start to come back 'online' and start receiving THC again (which is why you get ripped when you take a t-break). The time it takes for them to come back online will not be sped up or slowed down by exercising and burning the bodies stored cannabinoids. So unfortunately the only way to keep your tolerance low is by taking breaks or spreading out your sessions as the OP said.

Tee H. See,

luchiano

I stated exercise will raise your metabolism which will keep your receptors low which in essence keeps your tolerance low. If you take in more than normal and you exercise daily you will get more receptors due to your body being efficient from exercise. This is called upregulation but if your system is weak from inactivity it will make less receptors this is called downregulation which is what you are stating.

Doing resistance training along with aerobics will allow you to utilize more chemicals and keep them in your synapses longer meaning a longer and stronger high. You wont get this from a T-break.

I also stated you will make more melatonin and other chemicals that affect the high like serotonin because your metabolism is high and you can't get these effect constantly from a t-break.

Exercise and eating done right makes the body very efficient and that gives a better high off of the same amount of herb you normally take and are inactive.

luchiano,

gb902

Vaporog
gb902 said:
Last night, something strange happened to me. I loaded about 0.1g in the VG Bat (as I usually do), then taken the usual 3 big hits. At this point I was high, but I wanted to try even more (I couldn't resist the new bud:p), so I got another good hit. The effect was increased, but... I wanted to try more, so I taken another good hit. Here comes the strange thing: the effect decreased within few minutes, the high was almost gone. The only effect I could feel was a strange stunning, and I felt tired for hours (not enough to make me sleep).
Probably I have understood the sense of the arcticle regarding the tolerance: vape until you get nice high, but not exceed or your brain will "protect" itself.
I used small amounts for one year, never exceeded the dose, and I never had tolerance problems, so (IMO) is possible to enjoy the effects frequently without the need of increase the dosage.
I have something to add:
The next day I taken ONLY 2 hits (of the same previous bowl), and I got even higher than the 5 hits of the previous session.
There are so many things that make me doubtful:
I don't make any workout/sport (however I would to start as soon as possible).
My diet isn't very correct (but I try to eat at least 1 fruit a day).
I am very thin, so probably I have a very high metabolism.

gb902,

luchiano

Did you eat throughout the day and then vaped later on or did you vape in the morning and ate throughout the night before?.

I ask this because before I learned about exercise making herb, and everything else for that matter, better I used to make sure I ate before smoking and if I did it throughout the day and constantly moving at night the smoke would be like the the first morning smoke and I came to the conclusion that it came from my body getting what it needs to prepare me for that first smoke but since I wasn't in good condition I couldn't keep getting blasted it was just the first couple of times.

If I didn't eat and be active even the best herb wouldn't hit me like it should have if I had some already. Plus I wasn't eating fruit but that changed when I found out bananas helped the high. So diet and exercise plays a part but make sure you eat after you exercise because I didn't eat enough after I worked out when I first began and slowly noticed I couldn't get high anymore. I literally would smoke on the same herb that got me nice in the past and wouldn't feel anything. I was scared because I thought I just couldn't get high no more until I found a new batch but even then it wasn't high like it used to be until I figured everything out and then I learned I could get higher then I was before living a certain lifestyle. I went through so many ups and downs, twists and turns to figure out how to get the best affect off of the little I had and this was before vaporizing.

Also, your metabolism might not be high just cause your thin again it might be what you're eating. I notice a lot of thin people eat a lot of protein with small number of carbs or they eat a lot of carbs and small protein but they eat simple carbs that get burned quick and if they are active they won't signal to their body it's time to grow which is why they stay skinny or they are what I call skinny fat meaning they are skinny but they don't really have a lot of strong muscle and if you feel their arms or legs they are still a little flabby but they think they have a good metabolism because we are told being skinny is a good sign of health and metabolism when that isn't true having strong muscle is a good sign and for women having a nice ass and tits and soft smooth skin along with the strong muscle because that is a sign she has a nice amount of estrogen but she is also healthy and her system is running good.

Try to eat more beans, brown rice and leafy vegetable at the same time along with some psyllium husk in the morning or if you can't eat those just dry to eat a nice big meal(protein, carbs, and fat. eggs and pancakes are good) in the morning and take the psyllium husk with some fruit juice right after eating. What you are doing is filling your stomach and small intestines up and keeping it like that for a good amount of time from the high amount of fiber and you're signaling to your body that it's time to repair and grow because a full stomach and small intestines activates your parasympathetic nerves which is the anabolic part of your nervous system.

Eat nuts and/or seeds throughout the day to help keep this signaling going and you will gain weight fast and as long as you are moving it won't be fat. You should still do some type of resistance and cardio training to make sure your nerves are strong but the diet is a good start.

luchiano,
Top Bottom