How to improve the performance of the Extreme.

Kaptan

I know this thread is a few months old, but has anyone tried placing an extra elbow screen under the flat round screen to raise it instead of the stainless steel wire? I tried this last night with excellent results.

If you grind your bud well, it seems with just the flat screen in place, some bud does fall on the heater cover. With the elbow screen covering the entire hole in the cyclone bowl, no bud falls through at all, the hits seem to be more dense, and it's not necessary to stir the load often.

Kaptan,

ttb3

Kaptan said:
I know this thread is a few months old, but has anyone tried placing an extra elbow screen under the flat round screen to raise it instead of the stainless steel wire? I tried this last night with excellent results.

If you grind your bud well, it seems with just the flat screen in place, some bud does fall on the heater cover. With the elbow screen covering the entire hole in the cyclone bowl, no bud falls through at all, the hits seem to be more dense, and it's not necessary to stir the load often.

I tried that, but my screen wouldn't lay flat. I laid one screen down on the bottom of the cyclone bowl. Then the elbow screen. Then another flat screen, but this top screen just wouldn't lay right.

ttb3,

fidget

Kaptan said:

I usually pack the elbow and use a travel beaker and am completely happy with my set up but on the rare occasions I want bags I think the elbow is not so good.
I've tried all the ways posted so far but all seem to leave me with a wobbly top screen and all the herb ends up on one side.
Was messing about before and had a eureka moment.
Take an elbow screen and cut the bottom off.
Pinch the sides in then put it pinched side down into the bowl.
Push it through the hole then use your glass stirrer to open it out a bit (just push the point through)
Make sure it is level and put a flat screen on top et voila !

dbqtxc.jpg

euehap.jpg

fidget,

Kaptan

ttb3 said:
Kaptan said:

I tried that, but my screen wouldn't lay flat. I laid one screen down on the bottom of the cyclone bowl. Then the elbow screen. Then another flat screen, but this top screen just wouldn't lay right.

Try this method but, just use one flat screen and one elbow screen. Place the elbow screen directly over the hole in the cyclone bowl so that the opening of the screen faces down. Then, place the flat screen right on top. It should lay flat.

Kaptan,

ttb3

The top screen doesn't fly around? It looks like it'd go all over the place. I'll try it later in the week.

Thanks for the tip!

ttb3,

Kaptan

ttb3 said:
The top screen doesn't fly around? It looks like it'd go all over the place. I'll try it later in the week.

Thanks for the tip!
No, actually on my cyclone bowl at least, the screen sits right on top snug against the sides of the glass.

Kaptan,
Top Bottom