How to get a job in the Cannabis Industry or help starting a company? in Washington?

damm

For various reasons, I've wanted to change careers. Now I'm at the point where I really have to change careers as I don't know how to get another job if I needed one.

Last year I purchased an All-In-One from Lowtemp plates and have been making my own edibles with great success. I own a couple of sets of Bubble Bags that I use from time to time. But I don't know how to get my foot in the door.

I'm positive this isn't the right place to post a message, but I don't have a clue where to begin, as every time I've tried applying to jobs postings I've seen, I never got a response.

Thanks in Advance.

arb

Semi shaved ape
For various reasons, I've wanted to change careers. Now I'm at the point where I really have to change careers as I don't know how to get another job if I needed one.

Last year I purchased an All-In-One from Lowtemp plates and have been making my own edibles with great success. I own a couple of sets of Bubble Bags that I use from time to time. But I don't know how to get my foot in the door.

I'm positive this isn't the right place to post a message, but I don't have a clue where to begin, as every time I've tried applying to jobs postings I've seen, I never got a response.

Thanks in Advance.
What is your skill set?
Same as any other industry are you experienced?

damm

What is your skill set?
Same as any other industry are you experienced?
I have been making solventless edibles for about 1 and a half years with great success, and I want to sell (legally) what I make. It is fairly saturated, but no one makes solventless based edibles that retain the original terpenes.

Totally aware I will hire a contractor to help out with the details that don't get talked about enough.

Without funding, I'll need to save up to rent a location to run this business out of, then get a business license and I-502 License. It won't be easy, but if it provides a solid future income for me, it'll be worth it.

damm,

arb

Semi shaved ape
I have been making solventless edibles for about 1 and a half years with great success, and I want to sell (legally) what I make. It is fairly saturated, but no one makes solventless based edibles that retain the original terpenes.

Totally aware I will hire a contractor to help out with the details that don't get talked about enough.

Without funding, I'll need to save up to rent a location to run this business out of, then get a business license and I-502 License. It won't be easy, but if it provides a solid future income for me, it'll be worth it.
Are you applying for a job or hiring?
Not sure what you are asking.......lolz.

badbee

Cannabis production facilities will consider you to have no experience, your efforts at home will show interest and motivation which is good. There are so few opportunities on that side of the business you'll need to know someone. Start going to industry trade shows, when those come back, and try to develop contacts.

Starting your own business will be difficult, it's very hard to get a production\processing license in WA these days. Also keep in mind that there is a huge over production problem on the west coast right now and producers are going out of business left and right. The gold rush days are over and now the serious business people are going to drive out less well run and established companies.

It can be done, but it won't be easy and will likely take years of focused dedicated effort with no promise of success.

Shadooz

huge over production problem on the west coast right now and producers are going out of business left and right.
The dispensary price are still excessive... ( from other threads discussion, i'm not american)
So until there is no price crash, over bid may not be an issue for them.
Or they keep pricing high without ask ?

But as wine there will be a spread between low grade and SSS, so at first, only bad grower will collapse, with the price

Edit: after research, oregon price have fall from 10$/gr 2016 to 5$/gr 2019 (OLCC numbers). With still twice more bid than demand, so price may have fall again since.

Don't know your law about personal grow. Which definetly lower the local market ask

But Indoor grow cost less than 1$/gr due to electric bill, and outdoor even less (if you have lands). So still into profit, and a lot goes to black market and others states.

Don't know if u can export legaly to california, where the ask is (for SSS)
Californian prices: https://www.google.com/amp/s/mjbizd...-prices-in-california-for-flower-hold-steady/

Last edited:
Shadooz,
Reactions: arb

damm

Cannabis production facilities will consider you to have no experience, your efforts at home will show interest and motivation which is good. There are so few opportunities on that side of the business you'll need to know someone. Start going to industry trade shows, when those come back, and try to develop contacts.

Starting your own business will be difficult, it's very hard to get a production\processing license in WA these days. Also keep in mind that there is a huge over production problem on the west coast right now and producers are going out of business left and right. The gold rush days are over and now the serious business people are going to drive out less well run and established companies.

It can be done, but it won't be easy and will likely take years of focused dedicated effort with no promise of success.
Well, in Washington, I have two choices; take a few years with no promise of success or take the help of some rich man and hope I still get to own a piece of the pie. So I am going to start down the long path. There is no guarantee of success in life, and unless I move to a state that is legalizing and I get in on the ground floor, finding that gold rush isn't worth it to me.

Are you applying for a job or hiring?
Not sure what you are asking.......lolz.
I imagine I will be hiring as there are many family-owned businesses in Washington, and I don't have a family as everyone is dead.

damm,
  • Sad
Reactions: arb
Top Bottom