How to filter ammonia

Termo

Hi to all, thanks in advance for a lot of useful informations I've just found in this forum!

My question as the topic says, is about trying to filter efficiently ammonia with my Herbalaire vaporizer, with a solution which is at he same practical and not expensive.

I've found some mod around the threads, and knowledge of how ammonia dissolve in water, but not answers about efficacy in filtering ammonia.

The PNWT seems a good option to me, but I don't know how efficient it is, and what it takes to plug it to my vaporizer. If someone knows other solution, please let me know and happy vaping to all! :D

Termo,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Why are you worried about ammonia when vaping? I've Never heard of anyone having this concern before is why I ask.

RUDE BOY,

Termo

Why are you worried about ammonia when vaping? I've Never heard of anyone having this concern before is why I ask.

Well, I suffer of sulfur intolerance, which can bring up some issues clearing ammonia outside the body, and that cause inflammation. In the end, I'm trying to reduce at minimum the toxic burden to my body, which ultimately is what makes our machine (some machine are better than other!) not running at his best :D

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
If you have lots of ammonia in your vapor its probably because the grower used chemicals they shouldn't have on your medicine and didn't flush it properly. Get a better supply and use a water piece to filter your vapor. You could try a carbon filter, maybe that would help.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I didn't think ammonia was an by-product of vaping unless you were vaporizing mold/fungus infested herb, but I'm no expert. I understand the "better safe then sorry" way of taking care of your health.

Good luck to you and I'll follow this thread in the hope of learning something new.

Last edited:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I didn't think ammonia was an by-product of vaping unless you were vaporizing mold/fungus infested herb, but I'm no expert.
I read somewhere, can't remember now where, that there are very negligible trace amounts of ammonia in vapor from good medicine. However if the grower uses chemical fertilizers and does not flush properly, or sprays something on the outside to improve appearance or flavor, those chemicals could degrade under heat into ammonia, and other things, I think. I have no links to provide support for these opinions and am too tired to look for them right now.

Last edited:

Termo

I read somewhere, can't remember now where, that there are very negligible trace amounts of ammonia in vapor from good medicine. However if the grower uses chemical fertilizers and does not flush properly, or sprays something on the outside to improve appearance or flavor, those chemicals could degrade under heat into ammonia, and other things, I think. I have no links to provide support for these opinions and am too tired to look for them right now.

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm trying to be in the safe side as Rude Boy said, and if I can do it with some water filtering I will be very glad!

t-dub, what do you have in mind for a water piece to filtering? Do you thing this "PNWT" will work, or should I need something bigger?

Last edited:
Termo,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
t-dub, what do you have in mind for a water piece to filtering? Do you thing this "PNWT" will work, or should I need something bigger?
Thats a pretty small tube which provides a minimal amount of diffusion. Larger volume pieces will moisture condition your vapor more. Good luck in your quest . . . :peace:

Last edited:
t-dub,

Termo

Thats a pretty small tube which provides a minimal amount of diffusion. Larger volume pieces will moisture condition your vapor more. Good luck in your quest . . . :peace:

Thanks t-dub, I will follow your suggestion, probably something like THIS could be a good starting point, life is much about resolving quests and take good suggestions :D

I think I will need some adapter for my Herbalaire also, the plan is to attach the whip to the water pipe (and not the entire vaporizer directly to it upside down, as I've insanely seen in some videos! But probably it works pretty well, if you're not so clumsy...)

I'll ask to the seller and hope for the good.

Termo,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I think I will need some adapter for my Herbalaire also, the plan is to attach the whip to the water pipe . . .
You mean like this? :D

---
image.jpg

t-dub,
Reactions: Derrrpp

Termo

Yeah t-dub, that's quite the thing I've in mind! I don't understand a lot about joints, but what do you think I'll need for the 18,8mm joint a lot of pipes have?

Looking at your picture, It seems you have enlarged the hole of the default plastic thing in the Herbalaire for a bigger whip, or maybe is an optical illusion :D

@grokit For ammonia cleansing I'm trying even l-arginine and l-ornithine, which are recommended.

Termo,
Reactions: grokit

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I use vapor hose adapters from Vapor Warehouse. Just select the size and shape you need from the drop down menu. The glass modification to the PTFE part was called the "full glass ride" and was introduced by @samirfuzzywuzzy - Unfortunately all the pics he posted of the project are gone. It consisted of obtaining the proper Pyrex tubing and then drilling out the Teflon piece and inserting the glass through.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/vaporwareh...hers/accessories/straight-angled-adapters.jpg

straight-angled-adapters.jpg

t-dub,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I thought the glass stems from the MFLB and the Flashvape fit into the HA "mouthpiece" without any modifications. I should have my HA by this coming weekend and can give it a go to see if it works out.

I always used a mflb or vapolution whip when I had mine( got it used, sans tubing) and they both worked with the white HA mouthpiece extensions or the little connector that came with the HA whip.

RUDE BOY,

Termo

Thanks a lot t-dub and Rude Boy, many useful informations, I'll try to accommodate every pieces into place, the better airflow mod seems thoughtful.

Have a good time and peace to all :leaf:

Top Bottom