1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

How often do you: Change your bong water / Clean your bong thoroughly?

Discussion in 'Glass' started by EverythingsHazy, Nov 29, 2014.

?

How often do you: Change your bong water / Clean your bong thoroughly? (Choose 1 for each group)

1. Full Clean: Everyday

2. Full Clean: Twice a week

3. Full Clean: Once a Week

4. Full Clean: Once every two weeks

5. Full Clean: Once a month

6. Full Clean: Less than Once a month

7. Water change: Every session

8. Water change: Every several sessions

9. Water change: Every week

10. Water change: Whenever it gets visibly dirty and/or tastes bad (greater than a week)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. EverythingsHazy

EverythingsHazy Well-Known Member

haha no problem.
    Personally, I think keeping your piece empty between uses is the best idea. Only problem is that it's almost impossible to get most pieces fully dry inside, but after a good hot water shake/rinse it shouldn't matter if you are using the piece daily anyway. Just fill and rinse before use. Should be common practice already imo.

Filling right before use also allows you to use hot or cold water, and not just room temp.

----------------------------

Also, for 18mm joints, wine bottle rubber stoppers can be used to seal them off during cleaning.

StickyShisha likes this.
  2. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

And, with or without extract, I always use distilled water as all tap water has some impurities that stain the glass more than pure distilled water. A gallon of distilled is cheap and lasts for many refills.

Kief likes this.
  3. EverythingsHazy

After using Cranberry Extract for a couple months, it definitely makes a huge difference in how easy it is to keep your piece looking brand new. CE+hot water rinse/changes every session + iso/salt once a week > iso and salt every day.

4. Tweak

Tweak T\/\/34|<

I've been headed the other direction lately.

No CE and just bottled water. Dump the water every session or few into an old 20oz bottle. I quit using ISO and now use Mean Green/Simple Green, much cheaper and can be dilluted with hot water.

I'm finding taste/smell suffers after a session with CE and only a hot water rinse can get it out. Plain water smells more of a oil reclaim like from a wand, much more tolerable for me.

Or maybe I'm just getting lazy, :myday:

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  5. EverythingsHazy

Personally, after one session, the water starts to pick up an avb kind of taste and it messes up the flavor of the next one, so a hot water rinse is always done in between, until there is no smell.

Also, it seems like leaving the used water in your piece for a long time (several hours) will cause the smell/taste to get stronger.

Basically, if a piece smells, I wouldn't start a session before cleaning it.

I also find that you only need 2-3 drops of CE, to get the desired cleanliness effect, without changing the flavor and appearance of your water.

paytonpenn and RUDE BOY like this.
  6. smokedaletobacco

smokedaletobacco New Member

I think Formula 4/20 or GrungeOff is the best option to clean your pipes!

7. amberevil

amberevil Well-Known Member

What about a caked quartz banger? I managed to scrape more off mine than I thought was there. Ive tried an iso soak, it didn't seem to do anything but maybe I should do it longer. What to do when the torch wont get it off?

8. Tweak

Tweak T\/\/34|<

Try heating the ISO. Place the ISO in a jar and place jar in hot water bath. Then place ISO in rig, should eat right through.

Are you wanting to reclaim it? If not salt works great as an abrasive.

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  9. rakka

rakka Vaped

Full clean of gong, bubbler/blong, and claisen every day :D

Imo one session leaves it tasting like shit (as mentioned, ABV-like).... so every morning I rinse/shake them out, fill up with hot water + simple green, then rinse when its time to vape. smells brilliant every time :rockon:

bits that accumulate crap more easily e.g gong get a bit of alcohol+rice shake before soaking in the water/simple green

Tweak likes this.
  10. grdwaste

grdwaste Glass Psycho

Torch it till the black dissolves away. I've tried I so with the black buildup on ti, quartz, and ceramic and thew only way to clean them it to torch it off.

11. twentypast4

twentypast4 #nycdabber

do you notice with quartz bangers still having a greyish/charred look rather than transparent after some uses? wish I could do something about that...

12. grdwaste

grdwaste Glass Psycho

I'm pretty sure that's a good thing. Its kinda smoky and opaque correct?

13. vapenerd

vapenerd Well-Known Member

So how do you guys dry your water pieces? I met a friend today and he suggested to put the bong in the oven for about 20 minutes at 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Is this good or bad advice?

14. 2 Cycle

2 Cycle Well-Known Member

I have a boot dryer and made pvc adapters to hold my hydra tubes. Works pretty good

15. thewubs

thewubs Well-Known Member

That's not a good idea. Just let it air dry of you have time, otherwise use a hairdryer

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors