How much better are the expensive vapes when using the same amount of material?

vapor33

So let's say you are gonna vape X amount of material using a vape like the solo, pnp, etc.

Now let's vape that same amount using the silver surfer or CloudEvo or some other expensive desktop vape.

Do the bigger vapes get more out of it?

Is it worth investing in one because you can possibly use less material and get the same or better results compared to a smaller/cheaper vape which in turn makes your supply last longer?

Last edited:
vapor33,

weedemon

enthusiast
for some vapes the answer is yes.

It's all about how much it can pull out of the herb. there are a few ways to do this. (heat / pressure) More? I'm baked and can't think of any right now.

but the crux of it is certain vapes are able to pull more out of a plant than another might.

a fixed temp vape won't risk reaching combustion, but it also will have a harder time pulling everything out of a vape that can push the envelope more.

personally my extraction king is the evo :) start at noon, vape a bunch stir, up the temp and finish it off.

weedemon,
Reactions: vapor33

max

Out to lunch
It's not really $ or size that makes for the best efficiency. Even a flame powered vape can be very efficient if used in an expert manner, but it's tougher to do since all the work of applying the appropriate temp is up to the user. Pretty much any vape with a wide temp range (unrestricted), where it can bumped up a little at the time, can be used with maximum efficiency.

I think the vapes where you mate the herb to the heat only when hitting, as with whip models, provide the most control. You do have to consider that whip vapes and other big hitters do promote big hits, and in general you're going to use more herb with those models. Small portables can be somewhat inefficient if the bowl is enclosed (usually the case), since you're getting heat to the herb (via conduction and ambient heat) even when you're not hitting.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
accurate heater temperature control will ensure a consistent result. only a few vapes can maintain setpoint temperature to counteract the cooling effect of the airflow during an inhalation - usually the more expensive ones - and so no learning curve required to get full extraction.

although, in the hands of an experienced user, a Ubie does work.

Detonator

Sublimator simply kicks ass, it takes all the good stuff out of the weed fast and very efficently...

Detonator,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I think Max nailed it pretty dead on ... I find the bigger hitting desktop models (such as the EVO or Sublimator ... I own both ...) waste less in terms of they extract it quickly so none is lost to conduction cooking it off between hits. That being said ... there is some controversy over whether a couple big hits you would lose more in terms of ability to absorb vs what you would lose to the air in a slower hitting vape such as the Solo.

I actually find the vape profile (term coined by @stickstones) varies with different vapes (desktop and portable ... conduction/convection ... airflow ... etc.) I find this a touch more important than the actual efficiency (when comparing different units of varying efficiency ... from reasonable to great ...) I find switching vapes with different vape profiles is the best way as sticking with any single vape I find (although the efficiency may be a little better technically) its more effective if you switch it up a little.

JCat,
Top Bottom