How long into whip based hits can you 'taste' flavours?

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Apologies if this doesn't make sense....kinda vaped.

If you were to load ~1/6 gram (166 mg) into your vaporizer of choice, at your settings of choice, to be consumed only by you, how many flavorful hits can you get? And yeah, if you load 25 mg per PD stem add em up :)

I'm currently using ~1/6 g in the Extreme .v3 set to 190C and the strain is Blueberry (fairly sure about this). I get 7 hits that actually taste good (sharp citrus > mixed citrus/mint > soft berry > hay > toasted soy. There are also 4 or 5 other distinct flavours in between.

Currently vaping by taste and enjoying the lower boiling point terpenoids

Tom

tdavie,

Beezleb

Various factors from condition of herb to strain I think but likely at whichever temp as some of the oils and whatnot associated are boiled off. Maybe some smart FC person can tell what those are and we can get a better idea by looking at the studies that shows their boiling point to get a better idea.

I like going low and working up but due to time I do not always have that luxury but I like 165C, 180C, 196C and then I typically save for swamp water.
I read some strain reviews and the person did them at 165C. Amazing reviews. I am not willing to stop at that temp but I love starting off their. The flavors are best the lower temps in my view.

I think this is like asking how many licks to does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop. I am gonna play along hehe!

Beezleb,

crawdad

floatin
i have nothing that can register the small amounts that i use in my vapor genie glass, but its a tiny amount. curious what scales folks are using or perhaps you just doing some math in terms of how many bowls you fill from say a gram.

anyhow, i can usually toke down about 5-6 hits with lots of flavor but after that i have to increase the temp (flame time) in order to get a strong taste and its usually a mix at that point meaning i can tell some slight combustion is going on.

if i keep the temp low (only vapor) the flavor goes down but i can usually get a total of 8 hits before i begin to question if i have anything left. of course i do stir it up every 3rd hit.

crawdad,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
@Beezleb; If I want to go to sleep within an hour, I'll vape exclusively at 190C. If the arthritis is really acting, I'll start at 140C. I find that the flavor at higher temperatures is sort of similar to mixing in 4 or 5 different types of soda pop all into one....kinda muddied. But when you start really low (as in 100C) all of these very strong tastes jump out at you. Up to ~170C I find the flavor changes every 5C increment.

Of course, this is with the limited accuracy available to me provided by the Extreme.

@crawdad; I have a 2 digit balance at home, and access to 4 and 5 digit balances at work.

Tom

[edit 1] crawdad, I just reread your post and saw that you are stirring every third hit. Does the flavor change at all when you do this, or does it just stretch things out a bit longer with no change in taste?

tdavie,

Theo

I'll be doing this very shortly! Any reason to vape is a good one! I have a variety of herb that ranges in quality. I'll measure out .16-.17 of different herbs and vape them all at 190c using the elbow pack method.

Beezleb: Do you get vapor at 165? Are you smoking top grade medical? For me usually the lowest I go is 190c unless it's keif and then I start at 160c.

Theo,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
i think it varies too much depending on what you're putting in the vaporizer and on top of that the temp you're vaping at.

At lowish temps it never tastes bad, but some cannabis will only get me a couple flavorful hits often followed by more that are less flavorful, while other stuff is practically good til the rip.

rabblerouser,

Beezleb

Theo said:
I'll be doing this very shortly! Any reason to vape is a good one! I have a variety of herb that ranges in quality. I'll measure out .16-.17 of different herbs and vape them all at 190c using the elbow pack method.

Beezleb: Do you get vapor at 165? Are you smoking top grade medical? For me usually the lowest I go is 190c unless it's keif and then I start at 160c.

Yes I get vapor 165c. I would say yes it is high quality herb. Not no two hitter quitter but if you smoked or vape or a bowl it is a get you happy kind of quality. Keep in mind, 165 is just a starting point but one I recommend checking out if you are able. I come to find that temp by reading some strain reviews where the person vaped at 328F and ever since I start to vape at 165C when I have the time.

Beezleb,
Top Bottom