How long does it take to feel effects???

lwien

So here's the deal. Ever since I started vaping, I've noticed that the high takes much longer to feel (creep effect) than when I used to smoke it. Typically, for me, it takes about two minutes to start feeling the high and it takes about 15 minutes to feel the full effect. But.........just recently (a few weeks ago) I got a super potent pure Indica strain called Tahoe OG.

So consider this. For the full 4.5 years that I've been vaping, I always experienced this creep effect, no matter what the strain, but this Tahoe OG has turned that experience on it's head. While it is super potent (I've had other strains that were just as potent), what also happens with this particular strain, is that I begin to feel the effects within 10 seconds of taking my first hit, and within one and half to two minutes, I am at full tilt. No creep effect whatsoever. It's like....BAM !! Like right now. I have never had a buzz from cannabis come on this quick when vaping...........ever. But not only does it come on super quick, it lasts as long as any strain that I have vaped before.

What do you think the makeup of this strain is that causes it to come on so quick. And it happens every time I've vaped it, without fail.

VAPORIZER22

<full OP quote snipped>

I am basically the same way, vaporizing has always been a creeper when it comes to feeling the meds kick in, except for a a few strains. Vaporizing Purple Trash, Purple Trainwreck, J1, and Tahoe OG feel like I did a dab when it comes to feeling it. I am not sure what cannabinoid make up those particular strains have to explain the difference but from my own experience I know some strains affect people differently. The dispensary where I get the Tahoe OG has some really nice top shelf and their Pre 98 Bubba and Ingrid knock most people out but does not do it for me, but their Master Kush and Ewe II will put me to sleep with a few hits.

VAPORIZER22,

lwien

Yeah, I've had other strains that were just as potent as Tahoe OG, but I have never had a strain that comes on this quick............and not just a little quicker, but a LOT quicker. Just wondering what it is within the cannabinoid make-up that would cause this. I know it's not the total percentage THC because other strains had the same percentage as the Tahoe but still did the normal creep thing.

lwien,

lost nebula

Always Vaping
I have had this experience as well, particularly with the Skywalker OG and Headband strains and other strains with noticeably lower levels of CBD.

lost nebula,

lwien

Yeah, I've had Skywalker and Headband as well, but nothing like what this Tahoe does to me. It's the difference between racing in a dragster on a strip versus getting up to speed in a stock car at Nascar. :)

lwien,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I totally love Tahoe. The only other one I've had that is really fast onset, and incredibly easy on the lungs (I'll hit it dry), is MK Ultra. I've been hit just about as fast as with Tahoe.

AdmiralAlpacha

I think it vary's by strain heavily, but I don't know why or how yet.

Last summer I had a couple ounces of nice trainwreck. As soon as I would take my first hit my eyes would lower and I would get an instant body load. It was sooooo nice.

But often I get the creep effect as well.

The Alien OG I have right now provides just about instant relaxation, but nothing major, and then the rest of the effects creep up.

I'm not sure what exactly effects this but strain certainly plays a part, and possibly the vape used plays a part aswell.

AdmiralAlpacha,

lwien

I totally love Tahoe. The only other one I've had that is really fast onset, and incredibly easy on the lungs (I'll hit it dry), is MK Ultra. I've been hit just about as fast as with Tahoe.

You too with the Tahoe, eh?

lwien,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
You know it!

I'm thinking that one factor that might have an effect on onset time, is how liquid the tricomes are. If they are very full and fresh still, that would vaporize instantly and hit you between the eyes. If it is more cured, the THC might be more sticky/resin, and has to get processed a bit more in lungs/bloodstream/liver before hitting as hard.

Is your Tahoe really sticky fresh?

Enchantre,

Hexi

Interesting, I had a couple grams of Tahoe OG but I turned them to powder and mixed it with my reserve kief/hash/powder jar. Next time I'll try it pure.

Hexi,

Your Highness

Cannasseur
I find that when medicating with the Sublimator and/or Cloud...I can get hits that come on in seconds due to the full extraction powers of these vapes. Full on beads of sweat and effects within seconds...

Your Highness,
Top Bottom