How I plan to use vaping as a weight loss aid

caseball2051

I was thinkin the other day at work about how shitty of shape I was in.

So i came up with this way to become more healthy, and stay in shape. This summer I plan to run 1 mile for every stem I pack in my Myrtlezap. So If I use 2 stems tuesday, Ill run 2 miles on Wednesday.

Itll help my tolerance too. Does anyone else do anything like this?

caseball2051,

sour

That's a good idea actually, you can motivate yourself to get in shape with the reward of getting vaked guilt-free the next day.

since I've been working out and eating healthy, I've been cautious about vaping and when I do it. I don't want to get too lazy or too hungry from munchies. Reward yourself after you've worked out. I believe you can maintain both interests with discipline.

sour,
caseball2051 said:
I was thinkin the other day at work about how shitty of shape I was in.

So i came up with this way to become more healthy, and stay in shape. This summer I plan to run 1 mile for every stem I pack in my Myrtlezap. So If I use 2 stems tuesday, Ill run 2 miles on Wednesday.

Itll help my tolerance too. Does anyone else do anything like this?
LMAO. Getting vaked absolutely does not motivate me to do physical exercise AFTER I do it. :rolleyes:

The only way I can see your idea working would be if you flipped it around and told yourself "for every mile I run today, I can vape a stem tomorrow."

Mine is more like - "for every stem I vape today, I will eat a Little Debbie Swiss Cake Roll tonight!" :p

nomnomnom

Howie Feltersnatch,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I would think running and then rewarding with a stem would work better. I'm not disciplined enough to carry over "treats" to the next day. I'm an immediate gratification kind of gal. So, maybe if you hold off until after you've run, it will be motivation to actually do the run itself. :) Good luck with your new routine!

momofthegoons,

Plant

hell i would be running all day everyday :lol: about a hundred miles or so or i would have to go on grams a day but since i cycle everyday anyways i'm not bothered with running for punnishment or vapin as reward

Plant,

caseball2051

waking up early the next day and banging out a mile or two is easy for me.

the other way would definitely work just as well though. but that means your going to have to run after using the vape which would suck for me. Id rather get my running done early and then be free to vape all day if i had nothing better to do

caseball2051,

Beezleb

I knew a guy who would do, if memory serves me right 10 or so pushups and 15 or so jumping jacks after smoking a joint. Guy was big into fitness.

Beezleb,

bigmak

I've been going on evening jogs lately, after vaping a bowl in my lb. It works surprisingly well for me, the trick is to just get yourself motivated to go outside and start running, after that I can keep going for a while.

I read that cannabis dilates your bronchial vessels, making your lungs more efficient at absorbing oxygen. This seems to coincide with my observations, I notice I breathe a lot easier while running vaked.

The high afterwards seems to be better too, so that serves as its own kind of reward. :) And vaping some more after that is even better :D

bigmak,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Howie Feltersnatch said:
LMAO. Getting vaked absolutely does not motivate me to do physical exercise AFTER I do it. :rolleyes:
I agree. Exercise does not sound appealing to me after a vaping session. However, I do vap for pain, and do housework after a short vaping session. With less pain, I can do more.

Vicki,

caseball2051

I am not talking about vaping after a stem. I wouldnt want to do that at all either. Itd never work because it relaxes me so much. It may work for some like bigmak, but itd never work for me. but thats what makes the world go round right?

Im talking about if I use 2 stems today, Ill run 2 miles tomorrow.

caseball2051,

dchurchwellbusiness

I've smoked and more recently vaped right before hitting the gym or skateboarding for years. As long as you have it in your mind that your going to go exercise before you vape then your more likely to feel motivated to exerciase. THC seems to help me from getting distracted during exercising and helps me stay in the "zone"

dchurchwellbusiness,

sour

I did 3 miles today, but I just did a fast walk because my muscles are sore from a workout I did yesterday involving a lot of squats and lunges with dumb-bells. I'm trying to stay motivated, I feel good knowing this evening's vape session will be guilt-free! Still haven't found a cure for the munchies, going to try mixing up some crystal light and see if that can satisfy my craving for something sweet while I'm high.

sour,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I've probably missed something somewhere that you've posted sour, but I'm sensing a diet here (or life change....). Having probably gained and lost over 1000 lbs. in my life, and having been on every single diet known to man, I may have a few tips for you.

If you like raw veggies, cut up a variety and keep them on hand. Good for times you need something crunchy. You can always sprinkle them with something low sodium like Mrs. Dash for extra flavor.
Frozen grapes are also a good snack. If you really need something sweet, take a graham cracker, 1/2 c. of low fat ice cream and a tsp. of hershey syrup; make an ice cream sandwich. It's not high in calories, sugar or fat.

Being prepared for the munchies is half the battle. If you don't have goodies in the house, and have prepared some healthy snacks ahead of time that you can just grab, you wont be as inclined to impulse eat.

momofthegoons,

lwien

Another good low-cal munchie food is raw sugar snaps. Lots of fiber so they fill you up fast.

lwien,

lord

My cousin only vapes before he works out. For instance, he loves to vape and then go for a long bike ride.

lord,

sour

momofthegoons said:
I've probably missed something somewhere that you've posted sour, but I'm sensing a diet here (or life change....). Having probably gained and lost over 1000 lbs. in my life, and having been on every single diet known to man, I may have a few tips for you.

If you like raw veggies, cut up a variety and keep them on hand. Good for times you need something crunchy. You can always sprinkle them with something low sodium like Mrs. Dash for extra flavor.
Frozen grapes are also a good snack. If you really need something sweet, take a graham cracker, 1/2 c. of low fat ice cream and a tsp. of hershey syrup; make an ice cream sandwich. It's not high in calories, sugar or fat.

Being prepared for the munchies is half the battle. If you don't have goodies in the house, and have prepared some healthy snacks ahead of time that you can just grab, you wont be as inclined to impulse eat.
Yep your right I'm making efforts to change my lifestyle, eating better and exercising every day. I like your raw veggies idea for snacks. Today I got a Jicama which is low in sugars and carbs and tastes something like apple and potato. Frozen grapes sounds like a good treat, I think i'll try that. Yum! I think you're right about the ice cream sandwich because on men's health website I read that a serving of low-fat ice cream or frozen yogurt is the best sweet you can have, it has a lot less sugar and carbs than cakes and cookies. I've been steaming my fresh veggies to go with the chicken breast and salmon for dinner. I feel like I'm learning some good habits, it's just a matter of stickin to it.

sour,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
I've always done this, even when I started combusting years ago.

As long as I wake up and do HARD exercise for 1-2 hours, I don't feel guilty about getting high and doing nothing for the rest of the day.

Exercise can become more addictive then weed, you just have to get into a habit... first it sucks (most people never get past this stage), then it becomes bearable, then the pain is somewhat satisfying then eventually your body adjusts and it just feels good :D and the afterglow is worth the small amount of time.

Chubba,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Good for you sour!

I feel like I'm learning some good habits, it's just a matter of stickin to it.
Isn't it the truth? Just don't beat yourself up if you "fall off the wagon." I've found that sometimes just having a little bit of what I've been craving is better than depriving myself. I'll be someplace and won't have that piece of cake or whatever it is (for me it's usually sweets). Then I'll obsess about it and compensate by eating other things, never happy or satisfied. Often, I find if I just have the stupid piece of cake, it isnt as good as I thought it would be and I end up only eating one bite. But, if I try to compensate for it, I over eat and feel awful. But, as you said, the trick is to stick with it. So, if you blow it, just dust yourself off and start over again. :)

momofthegoons,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Great idea OP, hope you manage to stick with it. I used to exercise daily, but now i think it would take more like 1 gram to convince me to travel a mile at any speed by foot, lol but it could be due to my work schedule recently. Now, if only it was someone ELSES herb that you were getting rewarded with. Like if your supplier didn't accept cash, but rather burned calories as payment, lol.

steiner666,

Konrad_Zuse

I just vape whenever I feel like it, I ride my bike 3+ miles tues,thurs,sat and workout mon,wed,fri.

Konrad_Zuse,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
I'm actually a bike patrol security officer...so work and workout are the same to me.

For example: This last weekend I was out in the desert working the music festival called Coachella. It was about 90*, nice and dusty and really rough terrain. A lot of really hard riding. I'm sure I did enough physical activity for a week and a half. 9 hour shifts....so it was a lot of time on the bike. Lot of fun though...got to help out a lot of people and made some money to by more meds!

finchrock24,
Top Bottom