How high can a vaporizer really get you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacadea

I do find temperature and/or strain control the head v. body high.

Because I was such a lightweight to begin with, I think I really noticed what I was not missing from combustion: the woozy/dizzy/unable to focus high from the chemicals in the combustion smoke. Now I just enjoy the effects of the actual cannabinoids. Much clearer high. More functional.

BTW if you act very very quickly and go to vapeusa.com, they still have a few DaVinci Ascent (portable) and 7th floor Super (or was it Silver?) Surfers (desktop) for sale on closeout. Hard to find those two items at such a low price new. Store is closing, so when they are gone, they are gone.
Is a da vinci one of the best vaporizers?

Zacadea,

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
Where did you get yours from? I'm seeing all different prices for it, some closer to $250, some closer to $150.

I am in the UK so I got it from www.vapefiend.co.uk for £170, that was over a year ago now. It's dropped to £150 now.

I think most people in the US get it from puff it up, their customer service is apparently amazing and they price match I think.

MAKE sure you buy it from a authorised reseller to make sure you get a legit one, lots of fakes about.

max

Out to lunch
Hi I was curious about if vaporizers can get you really high. I'm new to smoking and considering getting a flowermate to switch to vaping but I'm afraid that I'm not gonna like it. When I smoke, I like to get really high. Does vaping give a body high or a head high or both? I've seen people say both. On a scale of 1-10, how high would you say it gets you? Although it's healthier, which has a better high, smoking or vaping?
Vapor is a clean high. What you'll miss are mostly the smoke byproducts. Those have a sleep inducing effect, but have nothing to do with cannabis compounds. If you want to give vapor a good try, then vape for about a week and don't smoke at all. If you find you're in love with the extra effects you get with smoke, then maybe vaporizing isn't for you, at least right now.
Ive consumed for 15+ years
I've been vaping for almost that long, and the only thing I'm missing with vapor is the couchlock (and can even get some of that at higher temps) that I didn't much care for anyway. The few times I've smoked since turning vaporist have mostly produced a feeling of 'don't miss that anymore', and my lungs share my feelings.
I'm seeing the arizers for over $200 are these the right ones? I'm also seeing ones for around $150.
Arizer makes several models. You need to look for the vape name, and not go by the company's name.
I want to get the flowermate mini because I don't have too much to spend but I'm afraid I'll get something not that great.
Flowermate would be a good choice if you're unsure whether you'll like vaporizing. It's a good brand and affordable.

Zacadea

Vapor is a clean high. What you'll miss are mostly the smoke byproducts. Those have a sleep inducing effect, but have nothing to do with cannabis compounds. If you want to give vapor a good try, then vape for about a week and don't smoke at all. If you find you're in love with the extra effects you get with smoke, then maybe vaporizing isn't for you, at least right now.

I've been vaping for almost that long, and the only thing I'm missing with vapor is the couchlock (and can even get some of that at higher temps) that I didn't much care for anyway. The few times I've smoked since turning vaporist have mostly produced a feeling of 'don't miss that anymore', and my lungs share my feelings.

Arizer makes several models. You need to look for the vape name, and not go by the company's name.

Flowermate would be a good choice if you're unsure whether you'll like vaporizing. It's a good brand and affordable.
Have you ever used or do you know about how a davinci ascent is?

Zacadea,

woolspinner

Is a da vinci one of the best vaporizers?

I have a Haze v3 as a portable, and an Underdog is my desktop. I have not used the Ascent. I was not espousing that model because I think it to be one of the best, but because, based on the number of people who seem to like it, for the price vapeusa is charging, this might be an upgrade from the the flower mate mini, but still at a price under $100. The Silver Surfer price is also astonishingly good for a very well-like brand and model.

Price is always a concern. You want to get a device that functions properly, does not have any built in hazards (some El cheapo vapes may have gases that you wind up vaping when they heat, for example). When starting out, get the best device you can afford that is still safe. If the flowermate mini is in your budget and has the features you like, I believe it is an acceptable vape. A lot of people here may prefer other, higher end vapes, but that does not mean the Flowermate mini will not get you high/deliver your meds. If it speaks to you, get that device. You may want to visit the thread for that model to find out the pluses and minuses so you know what to expect and so you can tell if something that you do not like is simply device-specific or vaporizing itself.

If you are not sure vaping is for you, consider how you want to use it. Do you often combust while out and about? If so, then a portable is a must. Otherwise you can get a desktop.

Zacadea

I have a Haze v3 as a portable, and an Underdog is my desktop. I have not used the Ascent. I was not espousing that model because I think it to be one of the best, but because, based on the number of people who seem to like it, for the price vapeusa is charging, this might be an upgrade from the the flower mate mini, but still at a price under $100. The Silver Surfer price is also astonishingly good for a very well-like brand and model.

Price is always a concern. You want to get a device that functions properly, does not have any built in hazards (some El cheapo vapes may have gases that you wind up vaping when they heat, for example). When starting out, get the best device you can afford that is still safe. If the flowermate mini is in your budget and has the features you like, I believe it is an acceptable vape. A lot of people here may prefer other, higher end vapes, but that does not mean the Flowermate mini will not get you high/deliver your meds. If it speaks to you, get that device. You may want to visit the thread for that model to find out the pluses and minuses so you know what to expect and so you can tell if something that you do not like is simply device-specific or vaporizing itself.

If you are not sure vaping is for you, consider how you want to use it. Do you often combust while out and about? If so, then a portable is a must. Otherwise you can get a desktop.
I usually only smoke on the weekends but I wanted to get a vaporizer because they're healthier. I was considering a flowermate until I saw vapeusa's davinci on sale for almost the same price so I'm leaning towards that at this current moment.

I just miss the immediacy. Getting uselessly stoned isn't on my priority list anymore, otherwise my feelings on combustion post conversion mirror your own. My lungs recoiled at the smoke last time I consumed with friends, it was not a fun experience but it essentially provided me with real world proof vaporizing had improved my health. Its one thing to know something but another to feel it!

At first I really missed the ritual combustion entails but found butane vapes scratch that itch for me.:cool:

@Zacadea There is no best vape. I know it sounds corny, but it's true. I suggest setting some parameters in price, realistic expectations and desired usages and asking for vapes that suit those needs. Then you can research the prospective vapes threads and make your own educated decision. That said the vapeusa deals are ridiculous and won't last, I slept on the LSV and missed out.. so you may want to start with the ascent thread, I havent used that unit personally.

LarryYo

Dab connoisseur.... I just like dabs.... a lot
Another unit you can look at is the Heaven from Gearspek they have a decent price and for what you get its pretty nice i own 2 heaven units just to cycle them i have only been vaping for a few months though. I have the same units from when i started.

Edit: forgot to mention the price i think its 89.99 shipped priority with a grinder. Gearspek always has coupons or whatever to get a little price cut.

woolspinner

But no matter what vape you use, you shouLD check the resource tab and read some other threads posted by people who, like you, are trying g to switch from combustion. You will learn the pitfalls to watch out for. I think it was already mentioned, for example, that the best way to switch is to go cold turkey on combustion. And even better is to do a t-break before making the switch. And to be prepared that the high you get will be different from the high you get from combustion. Just know, the high from combustion is not all cannabis high. Some of that high is from the chemicals created from combustion so it should always be considered a two-fold high - one from actual cannabinoids and the other from the smoke chemicals.
When I first switched, and still to a degree now, I would overdue it trying to reach a certain level because while being sedentary and not having to complete any tasks (say, watching t.v.) I did not notice just how high I already was because I did not get that muddled, woozy feeling a bong hit always gave me without fail.

Vaping, for me, is way more effective at delivery medication.

InspireAndAdmire

From my experiences:
  1. Bongs = 100% body high
  2. Joints / Blunts = 100% body high
  3. Vaporizers (Pax, Atmos Vicod, etc, from what I've tried) = 80% Head high, 20% Body high
Now, as for the vaporizers potential to give you a body high, I'd say you'd have to totally vape it on your device on high (410-20) degrees to fully get everything out to get the body high. I usually stop 3-5 hits after tasting the popcorn hits (which is at this point it's 90% brown turning black / ash)

If I WERE to probably continue to completely turn the buds to ash black and continue with the popcorn flavor, I'd more than likely as anyone would, get a body high. I'd say 70%-90% body high.

I'll do some tests this weekend, but the body is my favorite. I like having a head high when I'm outside in the environment, with my friends. Inside however, nothing beats a great body high, couch locked, etc.

There are variables to this though.. the strain (indica / sativa) so.. perhaps you can get the full blown 100% body high from vaporizing.

InspireAndAdmire,

Tommy10

If you can combust .05 in one bong snap and be high, than .05 vapor bonged will deliver more actives. I think .05 from green to done in on hit is a good bench mark to go off, and it's becoming much easier as vape tech increases.
If you normally smoke half gram joints for a nice buzz, get a flower mate, grind fine fill and puff away same theory. If the delivery style is the same to what you're used to you should have no problem. If you normally smoke bongs, and try a long session type conduction you may need much longer than your normal ritual to be as medicated, but as far as how medicated one can get... With the same amount of weed, I don't see combustion ever getting you higher than vaping (except for maybe placebo, and head rush).

Tommy10,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
If you want a great way to transition from Smoke to Vapor, I highly recommend hitting up a Member/Representative for 7th Floor Click here> @stickstones

His profile will pop up..

Hit "Start a Conversation "

I recommend any of their blemished units Silver Surfer, Da Buddha, Life Saber.

These vaporizers are essentially benchmarks in the business.

Vaping can certainly put one on his backside... I can't tell you if the 450mg Hash Cap dose (Oral administration) or A half a wand of my Iced Cookies and a .2g of the Same Hash (Iced Cookies is Hashtag created..Northern Lights X Girl Scout Cookies)(Vaporized) Got me higher...

Well, now that I think about it...

I was still HAMMERED the next day after 450mg Activated Hash Oil.

I awoke from the Iced Cookies incident feeling amazing, but I don't recall much.

But, when I was combusting...
I smoked from first thing in the morning all the way through bedtime..shit, to think of all the weed I wasted..

I even smoked during meals, blunt burnin in the tray, chew puff, eat...repeat.
But as mentioned earlier, I never felt too high.

My Buddha and Solo, and most recently my Firewood can get me almost too high?

Is that even real?
I kid.

Welcome to FC!!

little maggie

I think the Arizer Solo is better than the ascent. If you look up comparisons on the internet the solo wins consistently over the ascent. Puffitup has a FC discount and they will get back to you quickly if you have any questions. Plus the Arizer Air is on sale at PIU for $169 which is a very low price.

Ricardo

Have you ever used or do you know about how a davinci ascent is?

This is the only vape I've ever tried and I love it. I can get nicely buzzed or totally blasted. Ceramic oven and glass tubing makes it a clean and energising experience. Some people say the oven is too big and recommend using glass flowers or spacers but I just use a fine grind and tamp it down at the bottom with the tiny wire meshes keeping it in place. It's a session vape, not a single-hitter so I get an idea after 6 to 8 draws of how high I'm going to get (although it's never an exact science). Also has a pretty accurate temperature control. Maybe it's a bit pricey, and there are dozens of new vaporizers arriving on the market every week but I am very happy with the Ascent.

Ricardo,

sativasam

NO SMOKING
Hi I was curious about if vaporizers can get you really high. I'm new to smoking and considering getting a flowermate to switch to vaping but I'm afraid that I'm not gonna like it. When I smoke, I like to get really high. Does vaping give a body high or a head high or both? I've seen people say both. On a scale of 1-10, how high would you say it gets you? Although it's healthier, which has a better high, smoking or vaping?

In answer to your questions...

Vaping gives me a body and head high. I would describe the high as cleaner, and less groggy.

How high on a scale of 1-10 does vaping get me? 10!

IMO vaping has a better high than smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom