how healthy is vaping?

fidget

I'd say it is pretty healthy, pretty pretty healthy.

After 20 odd years of combustion it is anyway.

fidget,

djonkoman

rtwoite said:
djonkoman said:
it is possible to get at least part of the waxes out, I've seen a hashoilaxtraction where they, after extracting with butane, dissolved the oil again in alcohol and cooled down to -20 degrees(celsius), then some of the waxes can be filtered out(linger as a kind of mist in the solution)

Was this a video? If so I would love to see that. One night I was searching on google and I came across a patent in which it described the same scenario and it used charcoal as the filter for precipitated waxes in a cooled alcohol solution. I wouldn't want to used charcoal because I would be suspicious of it having a selective affinity for cannabinoids and might alter the ratio/profile. I would tolerate a drop in overall effiency though, for no waxes.

nope, a thread, the link was posted on another forum
this extraction doesn't remove al waxes(I think), but it's an interesting read-trough and it does remove some waxes, haven't tried it myself yet tough(but also never made hash or hashoil yet)
this is the thread:
http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.p...howtopic=218091&st=15&p=2223606&#entry2223606

djonkoman,

lwien

wthanna said:
Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/04/070417193338.htm

In this exact same link, look at the center of the page and read the "Releated Stories" headlines.

When one reads all these studies, there are conflicting reports of the benefits versus the dangers which just really proves that there is much study that needs to be done.

Unfortunately, most of these studies concern themselves with smoking cannabis. Sure would like to see more studies done on vaporization.

lwien,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Sure would like to see more studies done on vaporization.

... longitudinal study is underway even as i type this sentence fragment ... report to follow, say, in 10 years or so.

Hippie Dickie,

warren79

hereatlast said:
warren79 said:
I've read a study that showed that vaping contains a ratio of TAR:THC of 10:1

Can you provide a link or reference to this study please?

Hey man Im having a hard time searching for the actual study because I cant remember the website but here is another article where someone mentioned it.....just googled and got this, but will keep searching for the actual article in the mean time.

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=41702

Just read the 1st post from above.

warren79,

warren79

I didn't know the resin/oil/thc mixture on the inside of bong walls are different than the oils on the inside of whips and bags....they look pretty much the same. Both are sticky (even though the vapes aren't as sticky), both are brown, both smell bad but the bongs smell is worse probably due to the smoke getting trapped in the resin.

I would like to know how are these 2 substances different? If these oils stick to a bag or whip, don't they also stick to our lungs?

Ive been lightbulb vaping for a few days now and not smoking at all. My breathing is starting to clear up a bit. Very tiny bit but also theres no mistaking it - its noticeable so just wated to know what these oils really are.

warren79,

chickenpotpie

Cancer: You have genes in your body that essentially determine whether you get cancer: HER and BRAC genes are a couple examples.

The more factors you expose yourself too i.e. UV rays, smoking, nitrites, and other chemicals introduced to your system through daily activities can increase the chance of those genes getting mutated. If one of them gets mutated then you'll end up with a benign tumor, which is ordinarily harmless and it can be removed. If BOTH get mutated then it will result in a malignancy in which you have cancer.

So, cancer in general comes down to chance. If you're lucky both your genes won't mutate.

Furthermore, vaping on a low temperature scale should do little damage to the lungs especially if you let the vapor cool in a bag system as far as physical damage. Regarding carcinogens in this case, a high-tech vape used properly should reduce the amount of toxins into your system significantly. Suppose <1% of carcinogens enter your body from vaping as opposed to smoking, you still have a "risk" for cancer although it would probably be less than eating a plate of nitrites. If you're vaping and worried about malignancy, I'd focus more on other daily activities... If, hypothetically, you happened to get cancer from vaping and that <1% was the ONLY source of carcinogenic agents you exposed yourself too...that's just misfortune at its prime.

chickenpotpie,

rtwoite

The 10:1 ratio is from the MAPS/Norml study which compared a joint, bong, a conduction vaporizer and a rigged convection vaporizer that was water filterd. The joint performed the best in terms of the least amount of tar for the THC delivered. The study does not distinguish between the toxicity of the tars, just the total weight of particulate matter. The conduction vaporizer delivered the highest cannabinoid ratio overall but when adjusted for THC the joint out performed. The bong had the worst ratio of tars to THC.

There have been subsequent studies dealing with the volcano with more of an emphasis on the efficiency of THC delivery and CO2, CO measurement.

rtwoite,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
compared to everything in our world. vaporizing cannabis is VERY HEALTHY. it is plant matter, we are designed to interact with it. Not with smoke and oil and carcinogens

Elluzion,

warren79

Elluzion said:
compared to everything in our world. vaporizing cannabis is VERY HEALTHY. it is plant matter, we are designed to interact with it. Not with smoke and oil and carcinogens

Eating weed is the best high for me and last up to 3 times as long (don't have to smoke every 2 hours to stay high) BUT its time consuming and takes a while to take effect.

warren79,
Top Bottom