How have you seen the vapor industry grow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anslinger

Hey Y'all,

This is my first new topic. I love this forum and have been lurking for, I dunno, 3-4 months.

Anyway, in my day, your options were pretty well:

Crude, early portables
Hotplates
Wooden box whips
Eterra/Aromazap
Heatgun/bong

So, to put it another way, your options were:

Wooden box whips
Eterra/Aromazap
Heatgun/bong

I honestly can't remember what year the Volcano came out, so it may or may not have existed. It seems like it's been around a long time.

But since then I've seen so much innovation and advancement that I now think that if you only own one vaporizer, your kind of missing out. We now the option of:

Workable portables
A wider variety of whip-styles (forced-air, different heater angles, etc)
Multiple bag fillers
Connesieur grade vapes (Herborizer/Vrip wand)
Halogen heaters
Improvements to the Eterra/Aromazap concept

It's actually to the point where I can no longer keep track of the players in the game. I think that's a beautiful thing.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

anslinger,

bongoman

And it seems that the innovation continues - who knows where it will get to over the next 10 years, say?

I think the innovation in the vaporiser market, along with techniques for making hashish domestically, have been the 2 most exciting steps in western cannabis culture.

I'm surprised there's not more halogen-based vapes around - there's the Aromed, the Home model by Element and it seems the Vaporlite has disappeared.

bongoman,

max

Out to lunch
The Ape Vape uses a halogen heater. This one is also kind of a mix of new and old-a Volatizer VM2 type of setup with computer control.

max,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I think we are still on the cusp herer and I hope the world economic downturn doesn't halt the current rush of R&D into vaporisers.

I agree about the halogen vaps. Seems like a cheap reliable way to vaporise and one day I'm going to make one myself.

Who knows were it will go from here ... but one thing is certain ... Fuck Combustion will be at the fore front of any advancements. After all we have StoneMonkey and Max who seem to have an ability to sniff out quality in a new vape and obviuosly have very understanding wifes :ko:

vaporcloud,

anslinger

If I were to make my own vape, halogen would be the obvious choice for me as well.

The APE is pretty cool-looking. It doesn't seem to get much press. Sometimes I forget it exists.

Can't wait to see what happens next.

anslinger,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Has anyone on this forum tried the ape vape? I haven't found any threads on it but it looks prettty darn cool. From heat gun, to bags, to whips, to glass on glass vapes, it's been a great ride watching the evolution on these machines. The i-inhale is just ridiculous cool advancement IMO, anytime you can vape in public and peeps aren't aware, that is a great thing!

stonemonkey55,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
You guys are right, it's amazing to think how quickly our choices have grown. Even if all those early vapes suck by today's standard we surely owe them a debt of gratitude for getting the ball rolling. With more money going to R&D who knows what the future will bring. I don't have any solid figures but pretty sure demand has skyrocketed in the last year alone.

This is my first new topic. I love this forum and have been lurking for, I dunno, 3-4 months.
Your first topic is a good one. :D

It's actually to the point where I can no longer keep track of the players in the game. I think that's a beautiful thing.
Me neither! The best list I know of is http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/All_Vaporizers maintained by us. ;)

vtac,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
Well I haven't really been following the vapour industry but there seems to be plenty of variety. The one thing I'm disappointed with is there doesn't seem to be any decent DIY designs around. I think vapourisers in general are pretty pricey, however that is not to say that they aren't good value, and some of them are works of art. It's just that for vapourising to become more popular the cost of entry should be a lot lower. Also the quality of the experience needs to be fuss free and consistent (preferably electric). Nobody I know uses a vapouriser, and when I tell anyone how much a decent one costs, they think "forget it". Also in my case there are no local manufacturers so any purchases need to be imported. The recent decline in the AUD has also put a sting into the price of anything bought overseas.

So basically what I'm saying is that the high end is well catered for in the vapour-world, but I haven't yet seen a good quality "workhorse" design that someone with some basic technical and manual abilities could knock together themselves. Such a design might be able to incorporate recycled materials to further reduce costs.

hazy,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
i acyually saw someone on the shroomery who made a bax vaporizer out of a soldering iron, dimmer switch, and wood
he said it worked really well too, ill see if i can find it, ill post it in the diy thread when i do

Acolyte of Zinglon,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom