How fine do you grind your herbs?

daoist

Well I suppose at about $60, we could call the Kannastor Gr8tr v2 "middle class." ? :lol:

for 60 euro/dollar you can buy a top class 4 parts spacecase grinder. And they are considered the top class grinder that many other grinder brands try to copy. so 60 euro should not be a middle class grinder. it should be top class.

But any grinder can grind herbs even the one you buy for 2 dollars. but the "expensive" ones are anodized which means it is anti-scratch, anti-stick, anti "i wanna get vaked and my grinder wont open anymore", anti "micro pieces of airplane or plastic mixed with my herbs".

that is what they call grinders like that medical grade. i have no experience with the gr8tr, but it looks like
they copied a "lift" grinder, so probably should work pretty gr8.

daoist

Well I suppose at about $60, we could call the Kannastor Gr8tr v2 "middle class." ? :lol:

Actually the gr8tr looks more like a "lift" grinder copy cat. Should be good, and should definately not be middle class. And 60 dollar is the price where the 4 piece spacecase starts as well. But i think the spacecase will grind to coarse for you (unless you grind up-side down).

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
What are you looking at, @daoist ? I don't see any resemblance between a Kannastor GR8TR and a Lift grinder. They have two VERY different grinding mechanisms!

You're seriously saying that one of these is a copycat of one of these?

They are two vastly different styles of grinder.

daoist

well in principal they are the same. not exactly the same. but the same idea of being able to switch screens/plates. but anyone can basicly just grind up side down and get the same results.

Ramahs

well in principal they are the same. not exactly the same. but the same idea of being able to switch screens/plates. but anyone can basicly just grind up side down and get the same results.

Ummm, no.
No, no, no, no.
Hell fucking no!

They are not the same in any way.

They use completely different cutting mechanisms. One uses teeth that cut/smash against each other, the other uses spinning blades that chop against a sifting disk.

Sure, they both have different size grind plates available for purchase, but many the quality grinders out there have that feature. I have at least three grinders that have that feature. It's in no way at all a unique feature to these grinders. It's a common grinder feature.

Ramahs

I think you may have a weed grinder complex.

How so? I ask because I am thinking the same for you./

Lets see how many people here think that GR8TR is in any way a copycat of thge LIFT grinder.

What say you, other people reading this?

How likely is it that the Kannastor GR8TR is even somewhat of a copy of the LIFT Innovations grinder? Even slightly?

Last edited:

Alexis

Suerly the BCG beats them all, here, not in terms of gumminues. But eade of performane surely and consistebcy of use.

Not to mention fun factor of course. I mean for the price of the lift grinder I'll be much more drawn to the BCG.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
pacecase grinder.
My SpaceCase is far from 'slick' it gums up quite badly for a $100+ grinder, my crappy SLX is better at staying gum-free by a long shot.:myday:

I think you may have a weed grinder complex.
More like an addiction... @Ramahs has GAS :haw:

Suerly the BCG beats them all,
Looks way too small and I would hate the magnetic post in the catch area..like some other BCG owners...at least it is a 3 piece.:tup:

daoist

My SpaceCase is far from 'slick' it gums up quite badly for a $100+ grinder, my crappy SLX is better at staying gum-free by a long shot.:myday:
:tup:

Are you sure your herbs are not to humid? because it may be the cause.
I use humidity packs (55%). grinds a lot better with dry herbs, vapes a lot better as well.
Also easier to clean out the vaporizer bowl.

Last edited:
daoist,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
My weed is fine, resin does not dry out, I grow, cure and stored myself in vac sealed mason jars with hygrometers and Boveda if I fuck up and over dry during curing.:tup:
img_20190903_160013-jpg.12775

Got my new SLX 2.5 and it a bit finer grind than the SpaceCase, interesting trying the 2 grinds side by side.
One thing I have noticed is my Mighty CU seems to get gunked up a lot faster with the SLX ground gear.
The SLX does not accumulate the resin on the teeth like the SpaceCase but is just too small for me.:2c:

daoist

My weed is fine, resin does not dry out, I grow, cure and stored myself in vac sealed mason jars with hygrometers and Boveda if I fuck up and over dry during curing.:tup:
img_20190903_160013-jpg.12775

Got my new SLX 2.5 and it a bit finer grind than the SpaceCase, interesting trying the 2 grinds side by side.
One thing I have noticed is my Mighty CU seems to get gunked up a lot faster with the SLX ground gear.
The SLX does not accumulate the resin on the teeth like the SpaceCase but is just too small for me.:2c:

My space case looks a lot more clean. But i have the aluminium one (maybe different anodized coating on the titanium?).

I am not sure what you did with your grinder but it definately should not look like yours.

daoist,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
but you say the grind is too fine on the slx?
The grinder is too small, not the grind size, the grind may be too fine for the Mighty for me as it gunks the CU more as I use caps with no screen, the slightly coarser grind of the 88 space case works better there for me plus it can grind a good-sized bud or 4 at once.

CalyxSmokr

The grinder is too small, not the grind size, the grind may be too fine for the Mighty for me as it gunks the CU more as I use caps with no screen, the slightly coarser grind of the 88 space case works better there for me plus it can grind a good-sized bud or 4 at once.
I have an original gr8tr and the medium disc is good for me but it gunks up. Non stick is the key improvement I would need. A little finer should be OK on the grind

CalyxSmokr,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom