How does temp control work in PIDs?

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
Having never owned one myself, I could never figure this out. From what I understand a PID has fancy electronics that keep the temperature at the specified value bu adjusting current. Where does the sensor sit though? And in a DIY context like the Pinkie, how do you connect that sensor to the heater?

vaporoufixtras,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Having never owned one myself, I could never figure this out. From what I understand a PID has fancy electronics that keep the temperature at the specified value bu adjusting current. Where does the sensor sit though? And in a DIY context like the Pinkie, how do you connect that sensor to the heater?

The thermocouples is imbedded in the coil. The feedback is the COIL temperature only. There are Delta offsets you can adjust on PIDS like the Auber 300b, and Maxvapor units. Then you can adjust for the coil temperature versus the temperature of the actual surface. For my CH DCup the sapphire dish is actually -65f lower, so I can set that on the PID, to know the real surface temperature. You need proper temperature reading equipment, NOT infrared laser meters.

Don’t know anything about the pinkie, other then the two on my hands!

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
The thermocouples is imbedded in the coil. The feedback is the COIL temperature only. There are Delta offsets you can adjust on PIDS like the Auber 300b, and Maxvapor units. Then you can adjust for the coil temperature versus the temperature of the actual surface. For my CH DCup the sapphire dish is actually -65f lower, so I can set that on the PID, to know the real surface temperature. You need proper temperature reading equipment, NOT infrared laser meters.

Now I get it, thanks!

Don’t know anything about the pinkie, other then the two on my hands!
:rofl:
It's a DIY enail, very cool project!

Top Bottom