How does one acquire a MMJ card?

caseball2051

I am in a state that will be looking to pass MMJ legislation.

I would love to get a MMJ card. I know what ailments it can help.

But how did you acquire yours? Did you ask for one?

I thought it might be a helpful topic with 16 (?) states readying MMJ legislation.

caseball2051,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
You go to your doctor and ask him to fill out the form. Every state will vary. I went to my rheumatologist, although my PCP and dermatologist would have signed it as well. The point is, its a great idea to consult with your wellness team. The number of pill medications I take is now in the double digits. My main meds, human monoclonal antibodies, are either IV or subcutaneous inject. So, like adding any medication to your arsenal, consultation with professionals, at least in my case, is essential. The fact that I have 3 doctors all saying "yes" this is a good idea for you, gives my spouse and family much peace.

t-dub,

2clicker

Observer
self prescribed FTW! :brow:

but serially my friends in CA just went to their doc and asked. from what i understand as long as you have the $200 most docs will do it w/out question.

2clicker,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Basically you need a recommendation from some medical source. I got mine from a massage therapist (so obviously it doesn't have to be anything crazy). The recommendation shouldn't say that you are looking into pot, just "considering alternative medicines" and your practitioner supports whatever path you want to take.

Once you do that, you need to find a place to get your MMJ card through. You then bring your rec and fill out some paperwork, take a picture, and get your written card and then you get a real card sent later usually. All you need is the paper card though to actually go to dispensaries and get some bud. Actually getting the card normally cost from $100-200 depending on your insurance type. I got mine through Medicann, but there are other companies too I think.

Good luck!

Elluzion,
Top Bottom