How do you tell if you are still getting hits? [8]

JohnEarlMadden

I'm enjoying my myrtlezap, and I don't always see vapor when I exhale. Could I still be getting hits even when you see no visible vapor in the exhalation?

I'd like to know of my stuff is kicked or not.

JohnEarlMadden,

Nycdeisel

With a PD(similar to MZ) most people report 3-5 nice hits out of one stem.

You need the right light and backround surface to really SEE vapor, so I cant say whether you are.

If your taking hits, not holding them in, and then exhaling quickly in front of a dark colored, well lit surface, and dont see anything, its safe to say its done.

Edit: and usually you should hold vapor in your lungs for at least 10 seconds, FYI. you probably just have to refine your drawing technique, as well as grinding and packing to get good vapor. but you may already be doing that but you didnt say how many good hits you got before you stopped seeing vapor.

Nycdeisel,

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
You could try using a flashlight and blow hits through the light.

pinoy,

max

Out to lunch
Seeing exhaled vapor when it's not thick is all about the lighting. I usually sit under good lighting and have exhaled many hits, seeing a little vapor, while thinking the bowl was done and I wouldn't see any. If you depend on seeing your exhale to judge if the bowl is done, you'll be wasting some vapor. Another reason to save your ABV. ;)

max,

Brother Brigham

King, Priest and Ruler over Israel on Earth
max said:
Seeing exhaled vapor when it's not thick is all about the lighting. I usually sit under good lighting and have exhaled many hits, seeing a little vapor, while thinking the bowl was done and I wouldn't see any. If you depend on seeing your exhale to judge if the bowl is done, you'll be wasting some vapor. Another reason to save your ABV. ;)
+1

Brother Brigham,

aero18

vaporist
I know my duff is spent when it looks dark brown. Also, if I look down my stem and do not see any vapor, I no longer vape out of the stem.

aero18,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Also, if I look down my stem and do not see any vapor, I no longer vape out of the stem.

me, too ... the red glow of the oven tube lights up the vapor in the stem -- very easy to see when the vapor is too thin to continue.

Hippie Dickie,

OldGuy

There's no way to look cool doing this, but if you really want to see your vapor trail......

I have one of those multi-LED headlights that I sometimes use for reading. It's adjustable, so if I set the angle all the way down to illuminate the area I see through the bottom of my bifocals, the tip of my nose is brightly illuminated. The vapor show is pretty impressive. In a dark room, I can slowly exhale, watch the vapor trail curl from my lips and/or nose and then return as I gently inhale again. If I don't percolate after a hit, I can see the vapor hovering inside the vapor tubes of my log vape and see wisps of vapor escaping from the mouthpiece of my whip(tm) vape. I found there usually was still visible vapor long after I had assumed a sample was spent.

The first time I tried this, I played with my vapor a little too long, and my partner came to check on me. I'll never forget the disappointed eye-roll she gave me.

OldGuy,

steiner666

Serial vapist
OldGuy said:
There's no way to look cool doing this, but if you really want to see your vapor trail......

I have one of those multi-LED headlights that I sometimes use for reading. It's adjustable, so if I set the angle all the way down to illuminate the area I see through the bottom of my bifocals, the tip of my nose is brightly illuminated. The vapor show is pretty impressive. In a dark room, I can slowly exhale, watch the vapor trail curl from my lips and/or nose and then return as I gently inhale again. If I don't percolate after a hit, I can see the vapor hovering inside the vapor tubes of my log vape and see wisps of vapor escaping from the mouthpiece of my whip(tm) vape. I found there usually was still visible vapor long after I had assumed a sample was spent.

The first time I tried this, I played with my vapor a little too long, and my partner came to check on me. I'll never forget the disappointed eye-roll she gave me.

lol yeah i get those looks too when i'm blowin over my LED flashlight. I think it would be cool for a vape to have built-in, upwards-facing LEDs so you could just blow it over top of them, rather than having to keep track of a separate light. or maybe a wide-beam laser :cool:

steiner666,

OldGuy

steiner666 said:
lol yeah i get those looks too when i'm blowin over my LED flashlight. ....
It's good that we can so easily amuse ourselves (right??).

OldGuy,

UncleJunior

Since I started vaping about one year ago I have never had a vape session without a flash light.

I use a clear glass bong and shine the flash light inside. You can see it milk up with vape. That's how you know.

UncleJunior,
Top Bottom