1. If the Herbalizer was a fortune cookie what would it say? Tell us and win it!
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

How do the fancier percs compare to the more traditional ones?

Discussion in 'Glass' started by Dr. Plutonious, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Dr. Plutonious

Dr. Plutonious Well-Known Member

I'm familiar with showerhead and tree percs, but at some point I want to get a nicer perc.

I'm interested in the M&M Tech crystal ice perc and the Mobius Stereo perc specifically. How do these percs vary from more standard showerhead/ circ percs and tree percs?
  2. syrupy

syrupy where a vape has no name

I'm not sure there's a simple answer for that. I was using a double honeycomb ashcatcher with my dbv, but recently switched to an simple four-hole diffused bubbler. The little guy kicked butt on the honeycomb. This has led me to believe that diffusion in vaporization is *cough* overrated. Mostly I'm interested in diffusion that allows for a steady draw and nice clouds.
  3. Bouldorado

Bouldorado Well-Known Member

In my experience a "nicer" perc isn't really a substantial upgrade from a showerhead/circ in terms of smoothness. They may look a lot cooler/have less drag, but realistically they won't make vapor much smoother.
  4. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl 200% THC

They operate differently but have the same function of pushing vapor through water. The "fancy" percs like fritted glass strip a bit more flavor.

It really just depends. I like looking more at how it affects drag. Really chuggy pieces I don't like.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors