How different is the high from vapor?

aphoticinullity

I have heard people say the high is different from vapor opposed to smoke, what are the major differences?

aphoticinullity,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I've heard this question many times. I think the true answer would be that it it more similar than it is different. That being said, the vapor high is in a word, "cleaner" in my opinion. A little less confusion and lethargy perhaps.

:2c:

Stu,

Nycdeisel

Most people like to say its more of a head high, more akin to a sativa, but its really the way cannabinoids are extracted by vapor. With smoke, you get everything at once because you go so hot, but in that process you burn off a decent amount of cannabinoids and create lots of other crap and toxins which contributes a lot to the smoke high.

Vapor is definitely much cleaner, and its possible to get a body high from vapor if you use the correct temperature to release CBD(produces body high) and other cannabinoids giving a body effect.

I might have left some things out, bare with me :cool:

Nycdeisel,

aphoticinullity

So.... what about the MFLB where there isn't a temperature control.... would you still get body effects?

aphoticinullity,

Nycdeisel

Though the MFLB has no dials to set or anything like that, YOU can still control the temperature.

biggest contributors to vapor temp in MFLB:
your power source, the batteries. Which ones you use and how well you take care of them, how often you charge them, etc.
once you have that down, all you need to control is

YOUR BREATHING TECHNIQUE! its a little more tricky with the MFLB, but its the best for portability, stealth, or if one just wants a high quality vape while on a budget.

Nycdeisel,

Nycdeisel

yes, those are the ones that currently come with the kit and are only sold on Puffitup and Blisssville!

I also recommend the C-9000 charger, as does Magic Flight. The charger you sue really makes a difference!

Nycdeisel,

Nycdeisel

Nope, read on vaporpedia

Yes, you are giving power to the batteries! of course it makes a huge difference!
with the C-9000 you can set charging and discharging rates, so it will charge faster or slower depending on the rate. Its also important to discharge them, so you arent charging them when theres some charge still left, as this can damage the batteries.

Quick chargers, especially the 15 minute ones, will kill your batteries, mostly from overheating them so quickly. it lessens the overall lifespan of the batteries.

You have a lot of reading to do :lol:
Go to the MFLB thread here, and find the poster by the name of JDsupreme and in his sig there is a link to the Magic Flight youtube channel where he has videos on everything youd really need to know about the box, he has a video on batteries, on that specific charger I talk about, a couple with breathing technique, all of that good stuff. go check it out!

So if you
Read the vaporpedia entry I linked,
Watch the MF videos by JD,
and read in the thread here, you will be good to go!

Nycdeisel,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
aphoticinullity said:
the charger makes a difference?
I had assumed if a battery was charged it was charged.
NYC is right, strictly speaking if you're a battery geek the charger makes a lot of difference. But we gotta keep vaping accessible to newcomers, especially the OP who only partakes 10-25 times a year. Lot's of us on here are vape gear heads who don't mind spending lots extra for marginal performance advantages, but it really doesn't need to be like that.

There's really no necessity to have the full bells and whistles expensive charger for a moderate user like yourself aphoticinulty. If you were a heavy user and used your batteries an awful lot then an intelligent charger with refresh cycles et cetera is useful for getting extra life out of your them and maintaining them at their optimum peak performance.

But for me I only use my LB moderately and I have zero problems what so ever using a normal 2-6 hour charger and eneloop xx LSD batteries. I might not be able to maintain the total full 2500 Mah capacity like some users do, but it's totally and completely adequate. However when their performance deteriorates I can't resurrect them with a fancy charger and so will just have to replace them with new peak condition batteries. Nonetheless for me and my useage patterns this is still cheaper than a fancy charger (and even then batteries still die eventually). I suspect it will be adequate for you too.

I know you're having doubts about the cost of vaping already, so don't want you to feel that it's a necessity to shell out on a extra charger.

WatTyler,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Nycdeisel said:
Nope, read on vaporpedia

Yes, you are giving power to the batteries! of course it makes a huge difference!
with the C-9000 you can set charging and discharging rates, so it will charge faster or slower depending on the rate. Its also important to discharge them, so you arent charging them when theres some charge still left, as this can damage the batteries.

Quick chargers, especially the 15 minute ones, will kill your batteries, mostly from overheating them so quickly. it lessens the overall lifespan of the batteries.

You have a lot of reading to do :lol:
Go to the MFLB thread here, and find the poster by the name of JDsupreme and in his sig there is a link to the Magic Flight youtube channel where he has videos on everything youd really need to know about the box, he has a video on batteries, on that specific charger I talk about, a couple with breathing technique, all of that good stuff. go check it out!

So if you
Read the vaporpedia entry I linked,
Watch the MF videos by JD,
and read in the thread here, you will be good to go!

^^ what she said :p but definitely check the link in the sig (thx diesel!) . I have a "Proper use of the stock MF charger" video coming soon as well!

JDSupreme,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Wow Nycdiesel, you really covered that nicely.

JD, I've been linking to your videos from the Vaporpedia entry. Keep them coming!

pakalolo,

aphoticinullity

phew so much work to know whats going on haha.
So I am a little worried I might use more if I start vaping because then I don't have nasty effects and stuff like that.

So my plan right now is to get 4 batteries with it and only use 2 once my main 2 start to die I will probably order the fancy charger. that way I can kind of see whats going on with that.

also I watched all his videos, thanks for the information! I also read the whole chart thing on "micro-hitting" so I have a pretty good idea on the hit style.

I found a way to use the 15% off code on the MFLB on puffitup.com!

aphoticinullity,

aphoticinullity

also just as a quick funny, reasons I know it's meant to be.
I checked my bank account that I use to buy stuff I just want and the balance was $420

aphoticinullity,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
aphoticinullity said:
So I am a little worried I might use more if I start vaping because then I don't have nasty effects and stuff like that.

You're gonna use less. A full LB trench is like .15g It will pay for itself fairly quickly if you are a daily user.

I checked my bank account that I use to buy stuff I just want and the balance was $420

Oh that is SOOOO a sign lol

and I will be looking for that video JD!

Already up!

JDSupreme,

aphoticinullity

Well I suppose I meant use more frequently.

haha yeah, ordered it, now we wait.

sweet going to watch it.

aphoticinullity,

Nycdeisel

JDSupreme said:
^^ what she said :p but definitely check the link in the sig (thx diesel!) . I have a "Proper use of the stock MF charger" video coming soon as well!

No problem ;)
love the sudden burst of new MF videos !

Pakalolo said:
Wow Nycdiesel, you really covered that nicely.

Thanks Pakalolo, means a lot coming from you :)
Having that link in your sig helps a lot too!

JDSupreme said:
MF Education Team GO!
GO GO GO! :whip:

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom