How can I transport my vape and accessories if I were to move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konrad_Zuse

Since I'm new to vaping and all a thought just came to me, what will happen when I need to transport my vape? So I was wondering what do I do? If I'm moving, and are taking moving trucks, would they scan the entire contents of my house in the vans? Personal and private information? Or even with UPS USPS or Fedex? I don't think a vape by itself would set it off, but what about a grinder, or even glass pieces. Should I just clean everything and that would do it, or how would I go about doing this? Can vapor honey be found too?

Added note: I'm not going to be transporting any type of bud with me, that would be used up, and everything would be clean of any of those traces.

Konrad_Zuse,
I guess that depends on whom you expect to be "scanning" your stuff and why they would be doing so. :cool:

Are you moving to another country? Are you taking a job that requires an elevated security clearance? If not, why be so paranoid? I have always moved my whole household myself in a large rented truck until I got too old and worn out to do the heavy lifting. Then I started using Two Men and a Truck to do the furniture and boxes of clothes and kitchen stuff.

I have always moved anything I value greatly or didn't trust insurance to cover in my own personal vehicles in one trip. Computers and A/V equipment primarily, but also mementos and private "articles" as well. Since moving is such a bitch, getting a buzz on at various points is a necessity so my supply was always with me. :D

Howie Feltersnatch,

Konrad_Zuse

Well I guess I should say I live in the USA, I'm 20 years old. I think I am going to be moving with my family soon, and that is why I ask if I can put it with the rest of my stuff. I have heard they scan, and I have heard they don't, so I want to see some actual facts, or people actually having done it.

Konrad_Zuse,
Who is it that you think will be scanning your goods? The movers?
Nope. Never heard of that in my life.

Are you in a military family that will be moving onto a military base?
In that case, yes - you will need to be extra careful since they will use dogs that can detect drugs and/or explosives. In that case, your habit will be a real danger to you and your family's freedom and you will need to abstain.

Are you flying wherever you are moving to? Then all airline security warnings apply.

If not, then the only thing you need to worry about is if the moving truck(s) have to go through inspections on the interstates and you have packed something that has residue on it.

Like I said, pack your personal/private stuff and carry it with you so it is never out of your sight.
In 30+ years of adulthood I have moved probably a dozen times and have never had an issue.

Howie Feltersnatch,

caseball2051

vaporizers are not illegal. clean it before you pack it up. if theres no resin or anything in it your fine. just like any other paraphenalia. at least in my state.

if its more of a privacy thing, then wrap it up, or keep the unit itself with you during the move as opposed to the truck/box.

caseball2051,

PerseusStoned

Konrad_Zuse said:
... If I'm moving, and are taking moving trucks, would they scan the entire contents of my house in the vans? Personal and private information? Or even with UPS USPS or Fedex?
I have never heard of anyone scanning the contents of a house in a truck; that sounds incredibly illegal and would not hold up in court unless they let you know well ahead of time. This is your private stuff, even if a person would have nothing to hide it is not okay to just go through their stuff. Sounds like you're a bit paranoid :uhoh: for... some reason? ;)

caseball2051 said:
vaporizers are not illegal. clean it before you pack it up. if theres no resin or anything in it your fine. just like any other paraphenalia. at least in my state.

if its more of a privacy thing, then wrap it up, or keep the unit itself with you during the move as opposed to the truck/box.
This. You also mentioned glass pieces and grinders, all of which are also legal (or how else would there be stores legally selling them?). Just clean your pieces if you are really scared; I've taken used bongs and the like through airport security before in backpacks. Just make sure nothing can be found in it. Alternatively, a good trick I picked up on this site is, after cleaning, stick a used bill in your piece. That way any "drug findings" can be attributed to the bill.

PerseusStoned,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom