1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

House Votes to Prohibit DOJ From Interfering With State Medical Marijuana or Industrial Hemp Program

Discussion in 'Cannabis News and Activism' started by Jared, May 30, 2014.

1. Jared

Jared Cannabis Enthusiast

Great news, really glad it turned out this way. Would love to have seen Michele Leonhart's face when the vote was decided.
  2. HugieLewis

HugieLewis I'm not an expert but I have a strong opinion

Wonder how the senate is going to react to this. Nevertheless this is progress that I never thought I would see in my lifetime!
    CarolKing, Jambi619, FUnhouse and 7 others like this.
  3. Crohnie

Crohnie Well-Known Member

After reading this, I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. :o
    CarolKing, Jambi619, FUnhouse and 4 others like this.
  4. max

max This space available Staff Member

Since the Senate Democrats have a 53-45 majority, there's a good chance they could OK it.

The legalization ball, at least for medical mj, is rolling downhill and gaining speed.
  5. shogem

shogem Member

Federal legalization for MMJ? Where's the info for that--or are you simply referring to the call to Obama to declassify cannabis as a harmful substance? I'm hoping the Senate passes this coming bill. I'm also hoping that CA will be able to get a full legalization bill by 2016. It's a shame they didn't get funding to put it on the bill this year. Sigh.
    RUDE BOY, CarolKing and FUnhouse like this.
  6. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

Obama needs to get rid of DEA chief Michele Leonhart she always spouting off how horrible and dangerous cannabis is. She is really blocking efforts for the Feds to decriminalize cannabis.
    Maybe Eric Holder will have the clout and the balls to reschedule cannabis, so it's not included with true dangerous drugs such as heroin and meth.
    Last edited: May 31, 2014
  7. FUnhouse

FUnhouse Well-Known Member

@shogem
    I read the reason it was not on the ballot in CA thins year is because it is a mid term election and has much lower turnout than the 2016 election will. That is one of the reasons they think it did not pass last time.
    RUDE BOY likes this.
  8. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

Folks this is a game changer. The future looks pretty rosy for mmj. Hopefully it will be legal further down the line. I'm overjoyed with this news.:love::leaf:
    Enchantre, RUDE BOY and FUnhouse like this.
  9. Enchantre

Enchantre A short, pithy statement

Me too!
    CarolKing and RUDE BOY like this.
  10. Gunky

Gunky Well-Known Member

Here is a newsletter from Oaksterdam University Chancellor Dale Sky-Jones I received today:
    Caligula and RUDE BOY like this.
  11. thisperson

thisperson Ruler of all things person

So as it was explained to me, the federal government can regulate interstate commerce and that is why there is a law outlawing marijuana, but the states hold reserve power and the constitution states nothing on drugs, so selling California grown weed to a California patient is legal.

That's where I think the murky-ness comes from and possibly where the confusion lay in early dispensary raids.

I can't imagine that they would abuse power they were never meant to hold by raiding dispensaries at first.

Well on second thought, maybe I can.

Weed is an issue that's not just relevant to stoners, it's an issue that should be used to reinforce the position of state powers.
    Jared and FUnhouse like this.
  12. Jambi619

Jambi619 New Guy

Not to take away from the monumental progress made in the House last week, but it isn't over yet.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/1/medical-marijuana-scores-big-house-win-but-still-f/

Despite this, I say we still try like hell and write our Senators demanding that they take a stand for state's rights.
  13. OASIS209

OASIS209 New Member

Marijuana j=has successfully passed in the Senate. But, a lot of people aren't happy with President Obama's not living up to his promises about medical marijuana. I suppose, there are reasons for his administration cracking down. Billions of them, in fact
    Papa Woody likes this.
  14. rayski

rayski Well-Known Member

The main reason is the fact that Michele Leonhart is the head of the DEA and she thinks it's a harmful drug.
    Jared, turk and Papa Woody like this.
  15. Papa Woody

Papa Woody "The vapor is strong with this one"-Obi Onda Woody

Billions of them, all starting with the letter $$$
    tuk and thisperson like this.
  16. turk

turk turk

.....yeah...she's head.....funny that....wonder how that happened...
    ...I have zero confidence in dems. or repubs. changing this...
    Jared and thisperson like this.
  17. Jambi619

Jambi619 New Guy

In case anyone's interested here's video of the debate on this

18. thisperson

thisperson Ruler of all things person

Just finished watching that. I find it interesting that they mention CBD oil but the opposition is like, "you can't call it medicine it is not a dose but a guesstimate."

And I am just wondering where they have been.

There are sensi and cheeba chews with doses. And you can pick up oil which is rated at 250mg per .3g with two hundred hits at .5g do the math and you get dosing.

The point is I doubt many of these would be manufactured if not for mmj.

Yes opposition. It is getting scientific and we have dosing now.

This is not even mentioning honey oil pills which are dosage rated.
    Jambi619 and Papa Woody like this.
  19. turk

turk turk

.....it's all posturing...as they go back to their offices and count the cash they receive from....the phamaceutical indus..various police/d.a. agencies and cop groups all with highly vested interests in keeping the status as quo as possible...
    ...the folks who walk into these peoples offices with the wads of cash get everything they want...
    Enchantre likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors