Hot Coffee - Documentary "Tort Reform for Dummies"

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
The movie Hot Coffee is being shown on HBO, and can be found online

It could have been called Tort Reform for Dummies, as it steps us through a brief logic cube of how we as a people have been lead to believe something that is not true, just to benefit big companies. It really is a media smear campaign that has been ongoing for years now.

They have repeated something over and over again, until we now believe it is true...speaking for the TV news viewer-ship.

Section 1 - McDonalds Hot Coffee case facts and media smear campaign
the facts were not given and false statements were made by the media, who are complicit in the smear campaign (they're smearing the few people with cases who actually get to court as "frivolous law suits," or "excessive jury awards"). Even the president jumped on this issue recently, probably as candy to the voting corporations.

2 - Tort Reform Activities, trying to pass laws that cap awards or limit access to the courts

3 - Court Reform, when you can't pass a law, buy judges' elections for each state's supreme court...you'll be surprised by the number of awards that are over-turned on appeal by these judges and how Chamber money comes into play.

4 - Mandatory Arbitration Why worry about passing laws when you can require people to sign away their rights? You'll be surprised by the number of cases awarded to the companies who hire the arbitrators, and how they're black-listed if they side too often with the individual.

I asked my Uncle, who's an attorney, and he already knew all this stuff, I'm such a dummie, so I'm glad they make movies like this.

VWFringe,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
Holy crap VW, just finished watching Hot Coffee after reading your post and wow was it amazing! Your're not the dummy, we're all dummies! We were all taken advantage of and decieved by the greed of big corporations, and the government who protects their interests. How long must the American people endure these government-sponsored lies before we realize that we've all been played for fools? I'm tired of it... :mad:

MajorDoobage,

gobbly

hmmm, tort reform made me think my tasty little pastries might be in jeopardy, thank god this is only about the legal system!

We've been fucked for so long most people think this perversion is normal.

gobbly,

SmokingElectricity

why did i come into this thread thinking it was about GTA: San Andreas...

ahh nvm. pardon me... :/

index.php

SmokingElectricity,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
SmokingElectricity said:
why did i come into this thread thinking it was about GTA: San Andreas...

LOL

(i kept seeing that when i was looking for the movie)

EDIT: here's a list of links posted on LetMeSeeThis (some of them don't "play nice," not overt malware, but try to get you to install software, which I won't do, so try a different one, and be careful)

VWFringe,
Top Bottom