Hoses...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie123

I own a vaporbrothers, have for some time now and vape daily. Love the thing.

However, I've been doing some research on types of hoses and have come across some scary stuff.

I know that the vaporbrothers is supposed to be the all natural vaporizer, but I am unsure whether their hose is silicone based or vinyl based.

Silicone is very heat resistant, rubber based, and pretty safe.
PVC (Vinyl) is not...

I sent them an email and they said it was vinyl based (medical grade) and on vaporwarehouse.com it says their hoses are silicone based.

Does anyone know? The reason I ask is even medical grade based vinyl contains DEHP - a plasticizer that does not bind to the vinyl, which easily gets released into the vapor or water. DEHP is known to be dangerous, its used in the medical industry only because most people that use vinyl based tubing are exposed only to short term. Vapers aren't short term, vaping daily with a vinyl hose, even medical based, may be more unhealthy than smoking itself...so can someone ease my mind and tell me what vaporbrothers REALLY makes their tube out of?

Thank you!

EDIT: it will not allow me to post because it's an archived thread I guess?

The thing is that DEHP and other pthalates are not released with heat. They get released slowly with any compound that flows through the tube, vapor, water, food, whatever. http://www.noharm.org/details.cfm?type=news&ID=4&contentRegionKey=us It used to be in toys back in the day, and was released when children would chew on the toys. Silicone is the obvious safe alternative, and I probably will purchase a silicone hose, but I am a little concerned that Vaporbros could boast about being the all natural all safe vape when they're using a plastic hose. We're in contact with this sort of stuff everyday, don't get me wrong, but inhaling anything from plastic, hot or not (at least according to studies on PVC) is not good for you.

jamie123,

max

Out to lunch
Any tubing provided by a name brand vape maker is safe for whip use as long as you've got a glass wand between it and the heater cover. The temps just aren't high enough to release any dangerous compounds. Vapor temp drops very quickly once it leaves the heating chamber, especially when it hits glass.

If it makes you feel better, just get some Silcon brand tubing from usplastic.com. It's silicone and the brand is inexpensive.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom