hops resin hash (lupulin)

qwer

first of all cannabis and hops are closely related, they are both a part of the Cannabacae family, and thc and the resin on hops (lupulin) are also closely related. so im reading everywhere that this stuff is very relaxing, helps cause sleep, releases stress, and causes a mild high. but then I read this "Also, The active principle in hops is a fine, yellow resinous powder called "lupulin" which is classified as a narcotic because it will dull the senses in moderate doses and cause stupor or coma in larger amounts. From lupulin come two lupulic acids - humulone and lupulone. One of these, "humulone", has the following chemical formula: C21H30O5. "Cannabinol", the active principle of marijuana, has the chemical formula.of C21H26O2."

which sounds all good until it mentions coma, so what is with this?
do I risk going into a coma when I do this?\

im planning to make it into a hash and do it in my ssv, although now im scared of going into a coma

qwer,

treeman

I've never heard of these compounds you speak of though I know cannabis and hops are related. I wouldn't use the fact that they contain similar numbers of the same atoms to mean they are similar. I've consumed a lot of different tryptamines with less differences than that and they produce different effects and require different doses.
If your going to do this I'd imagine you'l be fine if you START SMALL (Like, milligrams, don't go taking the piss with new substances). Almost all the drug horror stories I hear are people who are inexperienced with drugs taking large doses. If you start with minute amounts (initially do as little as you physically can as a precaution against potential allergies) you should be okay. I would not expect to even get an effect at first. Its okay to spend a week pissing about with threshold doses before you even hit the realms of actually noting changes in perception.

Also I haven't researched this compound at all (so do your own research!!!), I assume you've looked into it to some degree, its likely mentioned on erowid.org which is an excellent source of independently researched info, but definitely read up all you can before jumping in. Especially if your hearing stories about coma-inducing capabilities. While that does sound bad don't forget that alcohol can do the same thing and we've pretty much all consumed it at points.

If your research leads you to believe that there is more risk than its worth don't do it. Always play safe.

treeman,

SD_haze

I've heard lupulin hops resins are used in a lot of "legal smoking blends"

I've always wanted to try vaping it, never got around to it.

SD_haze,

qwer

I understand that chemicals being similar does not mean that they will act similarly, I was just pointing it out. and I was saying it has similar effects because that's what everything I found in my research said.

I am confused about the dose though, I have been looking around and keep seeming to find things saying the dose is a few grains. this does not seem hard to have way to much. and ive heard of people saying that they smoked or vaped hops or hops hash, and you would think they would get a lot more than a few grains.

here I found a sentence talking about the dosages "The dose of lupulin is from 6 to 10 grains, which may be given in powder, or in pill made by merely rubbing it in a warm mortar till it acquires a pilular consistence."
imagine 6 to 10 grains of cannabis hash or resin! that is nothing, it would be almost impossible to separate that little. here is the link to the full page that I got this from http://www.henriettesherbal.com/eclectic/kings/humulus_lupulin.html

so
am I not understanding the word grains properly or something?

qwer,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
They don't even look similar to me in structure. Only in that they're both terpene derivatives. So is Salvinorin A, and it's nothing like weed.
I think these stupid claims of Salvia D as "legal weed alternative" were based on this "similarity". If someone tries to smoke that and expect only "getting weirdly high/stoned" they will get bitch-slapped by reality.

CBD (I've noticed it's olivetol and limonene fused together)
512px-Cannabidiol.svg.png

THC (CBD fused at another point):
620px-Tetrahydrocannabinol.svg.png

Humulone:
512px-%28S%29-Humulone.svg.png

Salvinorin A:
567px-Salvinorin-A_structure.png

Last edited:

qwer

They don't even look similar to me in structure. Only in that they're both terpene derivatives. So is Salvinorin A, and it's nothing like weed.
I think these stupid claims of Salvia D as "legal weed alternative" were based on this "similarity". If someone tries to smoke that and expect only "getting weirdly high/stoned" they will get bitch-slapped by reality.

I don't think people are making these effects up, I have read that it is sometimes used medically as an opium alternative as it does not upset the stomach as opiate sometimes can.

qwer,

IamBenito

Formerly me2
as a full strength resin(bho) on ti, nice calming relax. in vg and ecig a bit of a buzz nothing huge.
ymmv.

IamBenito,
Top Bottom