Discontinued Hopper io

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm wondering what type of weed everyone is using. I suspect one of the reasons I'm getting 10-11 full hits per chamber load is the excellent weed I usually find.

I mean, it also depends how much you're loading how it is grinded and how you are inhaling and the temperature settings and trigger usage... Point is there's a lot of variables, weed itself should be least of it.

Have gotten lucky buying the last of really good batches. It's usually a little older and drier (so your buying less water), and the dispensary is ready to get rid of it so the price can be discounted by 20-30%. I'm finding that excellent weed will give strong terpenoids hits starting on level one, and can potentially give 30, 40 or 50% more THC per hit at every setting.

I have some supposedly 26% indica that I suspect was purposely mislabeled, might only be 18-20%, definitely weaker than normal. Couldn't get a decent hit on levels 1 or 2, and only around 8-9 total hits per chamber load. Might be more satisfying at 5-6 hits per load, still have a 1/2 ounce.

Legal weed in the U.S. comes with a label which includes the THC percentage, as shown in the picture. The problem is that as soon as labels and testing were required, unscrupulous folks started faking tests and printing false labels.

Well there's a lot other ways to measure quality other than THC percentage which can be a bit of a misnomer to focus on... Use it as a general guide, also sativa indica hybrid, I don't think any of that matters, for capability of extracting with any vape let alone pure convection on demand like this... Yeah the weed quality affects the vapor quality, simple enough, I get a wide variety here often great quality but even the lower end stuff is good, noticeable differences in the vapor regardless of the vape being used, different preferences though.

Anyone else have an opinion about the ideal weed quality for a properly functioning io?

I think if it's a nice vape capable of producing nice vapor then you want the nicest quality weed possible, no? Why would it be any different, like why would someone want low quality if they didn't have to take it, though quality is also a bit subjective ;)

JBone65

I think if it's a nice vape capable of producing nice vapor then you want the nicest quality weed possible, no?
Agreed, the quality of the hit definitely is a function of weed quality, but I end up settling for less than perfect.

I need better ways to see thru the labels and the salesman's BS and pick out the best value weed.

Sometimes they have $125-150/oz weed that is almost as strong as the $300/oz weed although not as fresh or as pretty.

One of the very best strains I've ever had was a fresh hybrid with a label that said 30% THC. I was skeptical at first but it made me shit-faced like the first time I got high. Despite that I'm usually happy with a sticky sativa.

i wonder how many people on this thread buy weed in dispensaries, how many grow their own and how many are black marketeers....

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Some China glass rigs that go great with the Hopper (from DHgate, CaliBear for big one):
Screenshot-20210823-192530.png

The blue ones are very nice without water actually, I also rely on my purple O'Connell inception jayhook and Phineas vigreux spiked stems for my blue IO... When the time comes to use out and about I will try it native again with the stock mouthpiece, that is sort of why I bought it after all, but I have an idea for a double right angle u turn spiked stem that I think might be better?

warren0728

so if anyone is interested ... i ordered some more o-rings to try on the drip tips to firm them up in the performance front end (i hear even grasshoppers cooling adapter is loose ... well i found a size that works ... 6mm id x 1.2mm thick ... so outside diameter is 8.4mm

here is a link to where i bought them ---> https://www.oringsandmore.com/viton-fkm-o-ring-6-x-1-2mm-minimum-10-pcs/

peace

I wish the glass tip was a tad bit tighter fit.
see my post i quoted above (i think this is what you’re looking for)

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Agreed, the quality of the hit definitely is a function of weed quality, but I end up settling for less than perfect.

I need better ways to see thru the labels and the salesman's BS and pick out the best value weed.

Sometimes they have $125-150/oz weed that is almost as strong as the $300/oz weed although not as fresh or as pretty.

One of the very best strains I've ever had was a fresh hybrid with a label that said 30% THC. I was skeptical at first but it made me shit-faced like the first time I got high. Despite that I'm usually happy with a sticky sativa.

i wonder how many people on this thread buy weed in dispensaries, how many grow their own and how many are black marketeers....
Guys, I know you started out asking about what strains folks use in their io, but really that is such a generic question that I'm calling "Off Topic!" here. The vaporizer threads are supposed to be specifically about a given vape or set of vapes.
As @Shit Snacks suggested, there are many threads available here that pursue specific topics or you can easily start a discussion thread of your own.
It's an incredibly hit. So strong and delicious. I completely destroyed the whole bowl in 1 hit at 5 temp. Love my io more and more . Cheers

...looking at the name of the video and thinking, "It passed the test." :smug:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
...looking at the name of the video and thinking, "It passed the test." :smug:
Ya! My lungs couldn’t pass that test but I still love my IO nearly one year later! Glad he’s loving his. I however am a huge native user of all my vapes. It’s great we all have flexibility and creative methods with these.

I’ll be ordering a new frontend for my IO. Attempting to remove the plastic cone i sheared off a tiny piece where the screen tab inserts into, and I still can’t remove the plastic cone and copper funnel. It’s like the housing is fused with the frontend. Trying to insert a a screen this way is impossible (for me). I may buy some vials too as I only have one for cleaning and they’re a great size for ground flower storage, which I’m constantly guilty of. Going to place an order soon; let’s see how long this will take to get here (MA). My PFE is my backup for the moment as I’m not thrilled with how the OG native frontend threads onto the IO body, and I cleaned both recently too. :peace:

Tweakz

Vaporific

HL has some new e-bling. I ordered a new TI frontend and 5-pack of vials, got an order confirm pretty quick and got an order shipped email the following day - today. I’m not tracking it yet; I chose the cheapest shipping option :). I’m getting by with the PFE on my IO. If I could find a slightly longer leather sleeve (and leather case but Rachett’s is tops and love mine!) it would be preferred but it’s only temporary. Hard to believe my IO is almost a year old and still working incredibly well save my stupidity with the frontend screen. I’ll be more vigilant with heat buildup where the cone starts on the new native frontend. :peace:

ChooChooCharlie

So recieved my Hopper, tried it over the evening - what an amazing device!

Went to charge it this morning, however and no flashing lights when I plug it in and wont switch on.

Have emailed hopper labs, however wondered if anyone had any potential fixes, hoping the cable is not faulty. :/
My io's from last year arrived with slip of paper, Battery Safety and Charging suggestions

"Hopper io has a new safety feature for charging. Once the charger is connected to the device and USB port, unplug the USB and then reinsert it. You will see a short flash of the LEDs as you plug it in and then every few seconds indicating charging is occurring"

If you had an original hopper, the new charge blinking will surprise you. Thought mine was busted first time. One flash at power connect on, then it sits there looking dead and stupid for almost ten seconds, finally starts normal charge flashes

I've always avoided this "unplug/replug" step by using a plug in timer switch. Everything is attached before I tap the timer switch button. I like cheap timer switches with buttons for 15min, 30min, etc. (Trying to avoid repetitive battery full charge top off cycles with them, usually times out before full)

JBone65

Sometimes they are finicky when it comes to charging. After you get 6-7 hits it will probably decide it's ready to charge. Make sure your UL approved adapter, the power strip, and the outlet are all working. My magnetic ring snaps on one way and doesn't snap on the other way. I always put it in the side with the strongest magnetic attraction and just walk away. To this day I'm relieved when I see it charging.

Edit:. When it out the charging ring on it, sometimes it doesn't sit squarely so I will it until it does. You probably won't have that problem.

JBone65

Used GH OGs for four years before the io and developed a "frequent charging" habit.

My IO came with an old style (potentially dangerous??) GHB2 battery a year ago. {{You might not be aware, HLs was destroyed in a fire traced back to a load of GHB2 batteries, nearly put'em outta bidness.}} HL issued a statement at that time saying that some GHB3s were mislabeled as GHB2s. I had no way to know which battery I had, until now. I'm seeing improvements with new GHB3 battery I got two months ago. I've only run this one down once and I think I got 8-9 big draws on it and carried it on my bike all day. This battery normally doesn't take a charge until it crosses some threshold, seems to be around 4-5 hits. Others might have different experience with them.

JBone65

Ahh, ok, so even tho no lights are blinking it may still be taking charge?
Doubtful, but you don't technically have a problem until the battery is dead. Until then, there's a good chance it will start charging.

The best "medicine" is to just keep getting hits.... and try to relax. Think positive. 😃👍

Normally, once it does start blinking (and your all happy inside) you can get a hit while it's plugged in and it should just continue blinking. It doesn't charge fast enough to give you a hit from the charger, but the battery should be strong enough to give a good hit within a few minutes.

Last edited:
JBone65,
@Eat_My_Brains - one troubleshooting step to try: charge the battery in an external charger like Nitecore. This would isolate whether the battery is the problem. But you may not own one

I'll start a PM with you, I can send you another mag charging cable. To isolate if cable is problem
I have a charger arriving tomorrow, thanks for the kind offer. Will try the external charger first.

Vaporific

I have a charger arriving tomorrow, thanks for the kind offer. Will try the external charger first.
Only one battery? Try others if they’re charged or partially charged. If not then you’ll have to wait for the charger.

Nothing can be simpler than using a Hopper while driving. It’s a great road trip companion and used mine this morning to my brother’s a few hours away. First gen mag charger has permanent residence in my car. TGIF! :peace:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
We hope a full charge works for you, but I think there is a bigger problem. If clicker will not power up the device or at least produce some flash of light, then it it not likely to be just a weak battery, but some trouble in the back end or body.
(just to review, battery goes in button-end first, the flat end makes contact with io's back end)

My first io had: 1. A faulty charger right out of the box. I alerted HL, but I had an extra charger and batteries, so it was okay for a few more days, then 2. the io stopped working altogether. That was a year ago HL sent a whole new io & charger (sans battery, as I recall) right out and then I returned the bad one. Unfortunately, you may be in for a little longer warranty experience. For that first one, I never even registered or opened a warranty request, they were that quick...but I think the pace has slowed a little.

Top Bottom