Discontinued Hopper io

Tweakz

5-A9-C78-E9-BD1-E-424-C-A351-D0-ACB0-DACC5-D.jpg

Came my new hopper io ss. I tested it within a few days. Yes, I understand that honey moon is still coming, but I've already fallen in love with it. The order reached to Europe in 25 days with 4 GHB3+PFE. First impressions - WOW! I hope it will continue to work properly for a long time. I always move at level 5 and get maximum extraction in 1 very dense and delicious hit. Very even abv. Instant heating. I'm happy. cheers

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

Came my new hopper io ss. I tested it within a few days. Yes, I understand that honey moon is still coming, but I've already fallen in love with it damn much. The order reached Europe 25 days in advance with 4 GHB3+PFE. First impressions - WOW! I hope it will continue to work properly for a long time. I always move at level 5 and get maximum extraction in 1 very dense and delicious hit. Very even abv. Instant heating. I'm happy. cheers
Nice one!

That's an interesting bubbler, looks well suited. Is that a removeable mouthpiece? Was it a repair or part of the original design?

Tweakz

Nice one!

That's an interesting bubbler, looks well suited. Is that a removeable mouthpiece? Was it a repair or part of the original design?
Thanks bro

Yes, it's a babbler with a removeable mouthpiece . The plus is that i can wash it separately, simplifying washing, making it deeper. The downside of this babbler is that it has an air hole that needs to be covered with a finger. And so, it's quite convenient and have an original but not quite standard design.

MoltenTiger

Thanks bro

Yes, it's a babbler with a removeable mouthpiece . The plus is that i can wash it separately, simplifying washing, making it deeper. The downside of this babbler is that it has an air hole that needs to be covered with a finger. And so, it's quite convenient and have an original but not quite standard design.
I can't believe as an Australian that I didn't immediately recognise the hole as a shotty! (Carb hole).
It's been a while since I built a bonza stem piece, nearly every bong down here has a carb hole, it's the Oz standard and people get confused when you hand them a seamless gong piece "how do I clear it"

I think your piece would be quite popular across most of the threads here, looks really functional.
Now I want to use my hopper with a carbed piece, it's been ages

Thebigsmoke

Came my new hopper io ss. I tested it within a few days. Yes, I understand that honey moon is still coming, but I've already fallen in love with it. The order reached to Europe in 25 days with 4 GHB3+PFE. First impressions - WOW! I hope it will continue to work properly for a long time. I always move at level 5 and get maximum extraction in 1 very dense and delicious hit. Very even abv. Instant heating. I'm happy. cheers
Nice one bro glad it worked out well. I ordered just before you. My stainless steel IO arrived last week.
I got a complete lemon. Mouthpieces stick as the body has metal scuffs that scrape the mouthpieces when removing them. It feels and sounds terrible. It also combusts at anything over level 1 and the clicker on the backend gets sticky.
Been waiting over a week for a new body to be shipped fingers crossed they send it this week and it sorts it out. So bummed payed a small fortune in customs as well.

Tweakz

Nice one bro glad it worked out well. I ordered just before you. My stainless steel IO arrived last week.
I got a complete lemon. Mouthpieces stick as the body has metal scuffs that scrape the mouthpieces when removing them. It feels and sounds terrible. It also combusts at anything over level 1 and the clicker on the backend gets sticky.
Been waiting over a week for a new body to be shipped fingers crossed they send it this week and it sorts it out. So bummed payed a small fortune in customs as well.
I hope that ,in the end, everything will be fine with your io, because mine works like a mechanical watch, stable. I hope it will always be like this.

JBone65

It also combusts at anything over level 1
I'm disappointed just hearing about this. I kinda feel guilty for having a good io.

When you look down into the chamber, do you see a screen? It sounds like the weed could be contacting a heating element.

Was the box damaged in any way? Is the scuff damage bad enough to show up in a photo? I'm still struggling to understand if HL is totally inept with regard to QA/QC or, maybe worse, they knowingly sent a cosmetically-damaged non-functioning unit to a new customer on the opposite side of the world. I would like to hear their explanation. Did they say anything revealing when you contacted them, ask any questions, etc?

Good luck!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
My almost-four-month warranty issue is resolved.
I have lost count (though I do have it all written down somewhere) but I'm certain I've been through well more than 2 dozen of these warranty trips...
This current back end/body combo is (so far) a winner, doing it all just right. Back end temp dial is very tight and a recent hand injury is hindering adjustment, so I'm leaving it at about 3.8. All the threading is a chore with one hand in a splint. Clicker is noticeably easier to push than on wife's io.

Since purchase on this one I've had 3 back ends, all in the very low 400's. I'm feeling like this is my "group" assignment and maybe all I'll ever see is rebuilt low 400 sn's. :lol:

And p.s., two 'free' batteries that were to be in the package (as a make-up gift) were not there. Support is checking on it...
Not sure why I'm even accepting the extra batts; I have about 10 now but we rarely swap batts anymore, just pop 'em on the mag charger after second or third bowl, and charge time is shorter than from fully depleted.

Side note;
Okay. I'll make this whole rant a Spoiler.
I recently checked with our municipalities (Westchester County, NY) about recycling lithium-ion batteries and small (like the 1 liter size) propane tanks. The only location is 25 minutes drive away, to a small building open about 8 hours per week, by appointment (that is not covid-related). You have to show photo id.
One must be highly motivated to want to go that far. What about the carbon footprint of the drive there and back?
The county does have a few remote location days during the year, when they accept a wide range of stuff, but you have to follow the calendar and save everything up for half a year or so, then make it a pilgrimage.

And to add insult to injury, our little village sends garbage truck routes through all the neighborhoods FIVE TIMES PER WEEK. Trash days for me are Tuesday and Friday, then on Friday a second run in the afternoon picks up 'yard waste". Wednesday is also a two-banger; first run is for paper/cardboard, then a separate run later for co-mingled glass-plastic-metals.
Our Committee for the Environment Chair wants to add yet another run, to pick up food waste to be composted at our new composting center. Sheesh. I would not put any of their 'product' in my garden, btw.

Contrast this to rural areas I've lived, where I took my own trash or a dump about once in two or three weeks.
I repeat, Westchester County, NY.
As my daughter says of the driving here, "Westchester, where everyone has the right of way!"

JBone65

I always move at level 5 and get maximum extraction in 1 very dense and delicious hit.
This illustrates the differences between types of GH users. I'm getting (what I consider to be) 11 excellent hits per 0.19g chamber load (progressing across the entire temperature range) and you are blowing a full load running wide open on level 5 with a glass carburetor. I know how hot my lizard lips get on my last hit, I'm guessing your io is getting at least as hot. Are you filling the chamber, has it ever combusted? Have you tried a 2nd or 3rd hit? I'm guessing that's one intense hit, with all the terpenoid flavor and a sizeable chunk of the available thc all at once. Must be an intense vapor cloud. I've been threatening to try that for >5 years......

Thebigsmoke

I'm disappointed just hearing about this. I kinda feel guilty for having a good io.

When you look down into the chamber, do you see a screen? It sounds like the weed could be contacting a heating element.

Was the box damaged in any way? Is the scuff damage bad enough to show up in a photo? I'm still struggling to understand if HL is totally inept with regard to QA/QC or, maybe worse, they knowingly sent a cosmetically-damaged non-functioning unit to a new customer on the opposite side of the world. I would like to hear their explanation. Did they say anything revealing when you contacted them, ask any questions, etc?

Good luck!
Hi there jbone.
No the the box was fine. First thing I done was take it out and inspect it. No scrapes or dings it was in perfect condition until I went to remove the mouthpiece and it sounded like shearing metal. Thought it was the threads until I felt the rough scuffs on the body they weren't easily visible but definitely could feel them as there is a lot of friction to slide them on and off so don't know how they could be missed. There very visible now and a lot smother due to the body and PFE sanding each other. Lol
Screen is definitely in there and looks perfect. One really strange thing that happened was after the first time it combusted at level 5 I turned it down till 2 and had a bowl that was a very charred but not combusted. Next bowl I turned it to 1.5. i took a draw and shut the unit off and kept drawing to cool the unit. About 2 seconds into drawing with the unit clicked off it combusted again. I have never seen or heard that happen before? It left a scorch mark on the PFE screen but not the chamber screen.
Anyway I contacted hopper labs who offered me to send it back across the world and wait weeks for an exchange. I asked if it was possible for them to send me a replacement body first and I'll return mine upon receipt. They gladly said yes so I'm waiting on it shipping over a week now.

Not a great experience so far but what can you do. We all know the risks I suppose. Hits well on level 1 I'd say it's at least 230 degrees as there's still some light Charing. Way to hot for native use.

I wouldn't feel guilty about having a working hopper I'd feel great lol

JBone65

One really strange thing that happened was after the first time it combusted at level 5 I turned it down till 2 and had a bowl that was a very charred but not combusted. Next bowl I turned it to 1.5. i took a draw and shut the unit off and kept drawing to cool the unit. About 2 seconds into drawing with the unit clicked off it combusted again.
HL should know what they're doing. I don't know squat, but I hope they're sending the right part. It didn't combust on lower levels at first, then it combusted suddenly on level 5, now on every temp setting, sometimes even after turning it off. Could that that be an indication the back end, either the dial and/or the clicker, is bad, and it's essentially stuck on the maximum setting.

Never heard of a sticky clicker but it sounds like an odd coincidence. Are you saying that sticky fluid or resin is getting on it, or that it's really hard to turn? My IO was down 3 weeks waiting on a back end that locked up then busted open.

HL used to provide a troubleshooting flow chart for the OG on the previous website. I used it to identify confusing problems several times. The OG was less powerfulbut more complicated with multicolored lights and flashing patterns. A basic io troubleshooting guide could be useful for some issues, to be sure the right part is mailed, etc..

I thought my charger had failed this morning. I knew the battery had to be low but couldn't make it take a charge. Suddenly it started charging. I'm a week away from my one year anniversary with the io.

Thebigsmoke

HL should know what they're doing. I don't know squat, but I hope they're sending the right part. It didn't combust on lower levels at first, then it combusted suddenly on level 5, now on every temp setting, sometimes even after turning it off. Could that that be an indication the back end, either the dial and/or the clicker, is bad, and it's essentially stuck on the maximum setting.

Never heard of a sticky clicker but it sounds like an odd coincidence. Are you saying that sticky fluid or resin is getting on it, or that it's really hard to turn? My IO was down 3 weeks waiting on a back end that locked up then busted open.

HL used to provide a troubleshooting flow chart for the OG on the previous website. I used it to identify confusing problems several times. The OG was less powerfulbut more complicated with multicolored lights and flashing patterns. A basic io troubleshooting guide could be useful for some issues, to be sure the right part is mailed, etc..

I thought my charger had failed this morning. I knew the battery had to be low but couldn't make it take a charge. Suddenly it started charging. I'm a week away from my one year anniversary with the io.
It could be the back end I suppose it's very smooth to turn unlike any og backend iv ever used(3). The clicker will sick in about half way sometimes it still turns off or on fine it doest seem like a contaminate is causing it more like the metal parts are sticking and it's hard to push sometimes. I don't think it's stuck on level 5 more like it starts there and works its way up lol

First time it I used it was 2 small draws on level 2 that seemed normal then I turned it up to 5 for a proper hopper hit and got combustion a few seconds into the draw.

The second combustion happened on level 2 The glass piece was almost clear just some whispy vapour left a few secs after being clicked off. Then it just filled with thick smoke when it I was just about to lift the hopper out to completely clear the piece. The hopper was definitely off no lights on at all. Turned the load to complete ash and left a small scorch mark on the PFE screen. Tasted horrible left me with a thumping headache from the smoke and had to deep clean my bong twice in an hour. Not great at all.

But not here to rant we all know the story just sharing my experience.
Still looking forward to receiving my new body as even as hot as the unit runs it's serves the perfect purpose of being able to sneak out for a quick hit and come back in an hour for another

vapviking

Old & In the Way
It could be the back end I suppose it's very smooth to turn unlike any og backend iv ever used(3). The clicker will sick in about half way sometimes it still turns off or on fine it doest seem like a contaminate is causing it more like the metal parts are sticking and it's hard to push sometimes. I don't think it's stuck on level 5 more like it starts there and works its way up lol

First time it I used it was 2 small draws on level 2 that seemed normal then I turned it up to 5 for a proper hopper hit and got combustion a few seconds into the draw.

The second combustion happened on level 2 The glass piece was almost clear just some whispy vapour left a few secs after being clicked off. Then it just filled with thick smoke when it I was just about to lift the hopper out to completely clear the piece. The hopper was definitely off no lights on at all. Turned the load to complete ash and left a small scorch mark on the PFE screen. Tasted horrible left me with a thumping headache from the smoke and had to deep clean my bong twice in an hour. Not great at all.

But not here to rant we all know the story just sharing my experience.
Still looking forward to receiving my new body as even as hot as the unit runs it's serves the perfect purpose of being able to sneak out for a quick hit and come back in an hour for another
Good they're sending one before you have to return the almost-functional piece. To me it sounds certainly like a body issue (my most recently returned body could be described very much like yours). Happily, a new one will also eliminate that front end grinding problem.

ChooChooCharlie

Still good luck with my io collection

@vapviking - given your new thumbnail and Westchester location ... friend told me about rescheduled Phil's 80th at Capitol in Port Chester this Fall, nice venue. Brought OG Hopper there years back, fricked up in dark, didn't empty chamber, no pick tool, kept smashing more in with feeder

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Still good luck with my io collection

@vapviking - given your new thumbnail and Westchester location ... friend told me about rescheduled Phil's 80th at Capitol in Port Chester this Fall, nice venue. Brought OG Hopper there years back, fricked up in dark, didn't empty chamber, no pick tool, kept smashing more in with feeder
Phil is 80? Holy cow. If there’s a Northeast meeting let me know - I’ve lived in the Northeast my entire life. Native NYer & in MA for 30 years.

My IO is running a bit better and less hotter in the native frontend. Not sure if the second ISO soak worked or it was the slight screen movement, or both. I’m being cautious with it so I don’t burn my lips like I almost did. Ouch. :peace:

Tweakz

This illustrates the differences between types of GH users. I'm getting (what I consider to be) 11 excellent hits per 0.19g chamber load (progressing across the entire temperature range) and you are blowing a full load running wide open on level 5 with a glass carburetor. I know how hot my lizard lips get on my last hit, I'm guessing your io is getting at least as hot. Are you filling the chamber, has it ever combusted? Have you tried a 2nd or 3rd hit? I'm guessing that's one intense hit, with all the terpenoid flavor and a sizeable chunk of the available thc all at once. Must be an intense vapor cloud. I've been threatening to try that for >5 years......
Before I bought IO, I tried a dozen different portable heavy hitters , and immediately realized that I loved high temperatures and fast even extraction. That's why the heavy hitter category is what always makes my VAS sensitive. Hopper IO is a find for me. It's just an amazing device and I'm already completely in love with it. Works brilliant . Very even abv. Huge clouds. Good taste. I love this instant heating. I’m glad that I can clear the bowl for 1 hit without combustion.

And I always do another 2-3 seconds of draw after click to cool the heater a little.

On the first day, by my mistake - overpack and tightened material, I had a combustion on 5. I figured it out right away, cleaned everything up and it didn't happen again and I think it will never happen again. I'm very happy with the IO.

For 2-3 hit no longer vapor production, because I got extraction as much as possible for 1 huge hit

JBone65

Do you draw faster with a PFE? If you draw air at a higher rate with the PFE or a carburetor, wouldn't the convection heater have to work harder, or faster, maybe continuously, in an effort to get all of the faster moving air up to 430°?

In theory, attaching a glass carburetor and ripping it as hard as you can on level 5 for as long as you can should be the hardest possible test.

Might can extend the life of the GH and absorb more THC with a series of modest or normal native hits.

Comments? Arguments? ☮️

JBone65,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Do you draw faster with a PFE? If you draw air at a higher rate with the PFE or a carburetor, wouldn't the convection heater have to work harder, or faster, maybe continuously, in an effort to get all of the faster moving air up to 430°?
Hopper literature tells us to draw as much/fast as we like, "Hopper can keep up," iirc.

When hopper is on there is a faint clicking (fast ticking). This is the heater cycling on/off, theoretically to respond to demand in real time. They have said that the ticking noise was the genesis of the Grasshopper name.

@JBone65, it is pretty clear that you have found a groove that suits you well. And that it has a least something to do with high efficiency and such. I would call it micro-dosing using a temp step approach.
I just want to advocate and say there are lots more than one way to vape and enjoy cannabis. Lots of folks have great access to flower and just love to do the Conehead thing -- consume mass quantities!

Last edited:

Vaporific

Hopper literature tells us to draw as much/fast as we like, "Hopper can keep up," iirc.

When hopper is on there is a faint clicking (fast ticking). This is the heater cycling on/off, theoretically to respond to demand in real time. They have said that the ticking noise was the genesis of the Grasshopper name.

@JBone65, it is pretty clear that you have found a groove that suits you well. And that it has a least something to do with high efficiency and such. I would call it micro-dosing using a temp step approach.
I just want to advocate and say there are lots more than one way to vape and enjoy cannabis. Lots of folks have great access to flower and just love to do the Conehead thing -- consume mass quantities!

Hey @vapviking - how do you take apart the native frontend as you pictured here?:

These are the "too many!" parts inside a standard mouthpiece (from an og, though I don't think they've changed in the io).
The "copper" funnel sits snug inside the cone of the mouthpiece, and
that "plastic" tube slides inside the funnel, reaching nearly all the way to tip of mp. It is the vapor path, post screen
Clamped onto the plastic is a ring that houses the screen and is threaded (male) on it's perimeter. The threads go into the same female threads in the mp that the hopper body screws into.
20210602_103931.jpg

20210602_103918.jpg
20210602_103856.jpg
What’s the best way do do this without damaging any of the parts? TIA! :peace:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hey @vapviking - how do you take apart the native frontend as you pictured here?:

What’s the best way do do this without damaging any of the parts? TIA! :peace:
As you know, iso alcohol and heat are our friends in this kind of work. Long soak I suppose to start. Some heat optional as you are working on it? Aside from loosening/cleaning gunk, sometimes heat applied can make the different metals (I think that cone inside is copper or similar) expand at different rates, possibly reducing friction between them temporarily. But that's just a speculation; as to whether it may be beneficial, it's trial and error.

So, unscrewing the screen (standard lefty-loose-y) will remove it and the plastic piece it is housed in, leaving only the 'copper' cone inside. It was along time ago I first removed one and it was not easy. I believe I used a pointy dental tool to push against the very front lip of, going in from the front hole of mp. Work around, pushing a little here, a little there, as you go around, to push it out the back
I can't think of any other way atm.

Have you yet tried you og mouthpiece with this hopper? Seems to me that is an apples-to-apples comparison at your disposal, to see if the issue is in this front end, or maybe in a change in heat tolerance of you lips, for example.

JBone65

I just want to advocate and say there are lots more than one way to vape and enjoy cannabis.
To each his own. I wouldn't presume to know better than any other io user. Just pointing out the wide range of ways people use an io, based on what I've read here recently. I doubt if there's another vaporizer, portable or not, that enables either the most powerful natural weed vape hit or the ability to stay zapped on commercial weed for under $1/day. All forms of combustion are equally bad in terms of efficiency, but there is a significant difference in vaporizer performance and/or efficiency to be aware of. It's my view that an io helps enjoy weed as much as possible.

Just opened a frozen vacuum-packed (supposedly) 24% Durbin Poison. It's 100% sativa with a particularly strong smell. Most strains finish well at high temperatures in the io, but only some strains will give you a super strong terpenoids hit on level 1. Growers like the higher yielding hybrids so good sativa is getting hard to find.

Last edited:

Vaporific

Whelp, I managed to pop the screen out of my IO’s native frontend but I can’t get out the plastic piece holding it and the copper cone insert. To rub salt in the wounds it’s going to take lots of time and patience to get the screen back into the plastic piece with it stuck inside the nose of the frontend. I’ll try a bit more and resigned I may buy a new frontend. I soaked the fronted again without the screen and can’t remove the other two pieces which would make it a lot easier.

At least I have and tried my OG’s frontend and PFE as alternatives for now. The OG’s threading isn’t the best and I can feel it more so than my IO’s frontend but I like the native frontend for on-the-go usage more than the PFE. Not a great start to vacation week. :peace:

EDIT: anyone know if HL sells native frontends for the IO? I have a TI IO too. I didn’t see it on both their IO sites :(

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
She's home! Titanium Hopper io, Performance tip and extra batteries included. . .Also one of the batteries the ghb3 had a small tear in the bue casing, I remember a forum member recently mentioning this, what did he end up doing?

Nice, but not so nice, that was me, I've been emailing with HL and will be getting a replacement at some point, for now I have not used the battery with the tear on the wrapping even though it seems like it may be in an innocuous place, I have been fine rotating with two batteries for now...

He got pissed off at the shitty, bait and switch tactics that all of us "old head"
hopper owners have experienced. If your hopper/io works correctly, savor it!
I have a Ti io that works fine turned all the way up to 5. Anything less and its a paperweight. Cheers to the indigogo
crowd if there is any of us left in here...

Haha my man, fortunately I did not get pissed off and have been able to laugh off any potential frustration for the most part this time! I have been more than patient with them by email, following up each week, reminding them to read the full email chain, it is just a shame you have to work so hard for the service! But yes bc mine is working well enough I have not wanted to risk that yet lol I'm not mad about the dishonest marketing, more like sad about it??

Good they're sending one before you have to return the almost-functional piece. To me it sounds certainly like a body issue (my most recently returned body could be described very much like yours). Happily, a new one will also eliminate that front end grinding problem.

I'm glad you and @MoltenTiger we're able to get your replacements finally! Yeah I finally got HL to agree to send me replacement body to receive before I send back the original (because mine arrived with seemingly hopefully superficially fucked up chamber) since I had to wait 3 months to get it and it should not have went out like that with poor quality control... However they then realize that I was talking about a blue body which are delayed for another 60 days give or take, they offered again that I could send in the existing body now, and since it is just the internal that needs replacing they could do that and send it back, but I think I will just keep waiting for the original plan when they can again, hopefully it won't be an ordeal to follow up then and get it done, hopefully this one keeps working well enough too... The explanation that they are understaffed sure makes a lot of sense, but why the hell are they not hiring more people then, people who are more attentive?? I don't know, in other industries this shit would not fly, even if you're high all day, it takes a lot of work to be on top of emails, but it can be done when you have someone actually working at that for their full job... Anyway yeah we'll see how it goes, I feel like I can probably get by with only two batteries until then as well, though I could ask them to send me the replacement battery now I just don't think it's necessary considering their workload, a little money saved on shipping, I mean I do want them to succeed and get it together someday lol in the end I give them points for finally giving me the service I would have expected from my first email, should not have taken that long or that much effort, but I understand why it did, remember attitude goes a long way, I kept my composure and reiterated how I want nothing more than for them to succeed!

Just pointing out the wide range of ways people use an io, based on what I've read here recently. I doubt if there's another vaporizer, portable or not, that enables either the most powerful natural weed vape hit or the ability to stay zapped on commercial weed for under $1/day. All forms of combustion are equally bad in terms of efficiency, but there is a significant difference in vaporizer performance and/or efficiency to be aware of. It's my view that an io helps enjoy weed as much as possible.

You really should not doubt that, because you're just wrong lol if I recall correctly you don't have that much experience with that much variety of vapes? Which is fine, because you could be researching here in other threads and see how many great ones there are available now, but this statement makes it seem like you are just not aware at all, so I'm just helping you beware ;)

Just opened a frozen vacuum-packed (supposedly) 24% Durbin Poison. It's 100% sativa with a particularly strong smell. Most strains finish well at high temperatures in the io, but only some strains will give you a super strong terpenoids hit on level 1. Growers like the higher yielding hybrids so good sativa is getting hard to find.

I also don't think it has to do with the strains, more like the specific herbs, like I can have the same strains grown different places etc and they will be very different makeup, aside from the active compounds, I mean the consistency of the herbs, how they grind etc.

Anyway I am also using my IO in a wide variety of ways, often starting at the lowest setting temp stepping up to a little above the fourth dash, but sometimes I will start higher, sometimes I will start at above the fourth dash for one hitter bowls of varying sizes, sometimes I will go through water in different bubblers or stick with dry through hooks and other glass mouthpieces I have... I have not used it natively at all yet, have not been taking it anywhere yet, but I'm using a wide variety of socal buds :tup:

Last edited:

warren0728

so if anyone is interested ... i ordered some more o-rings to try on the drip tips to firm them up in the performance front end (i hear even grasshoppers cooling adapter is loose ... well i found a size that works ... 6mm id x 1.2mm thick ... so outside diameter is 8.4mm

here is a link to where i bought them ---> https://www.oringsandmore.com/viton-fkm-o-ring-6-x-1-2mm-minimum-10-pcs/

peace

JBone65

I also don't think it has to do with the strains, more like the specific herbs, like I can have the same strains grown different places etc and they will be very different makeup, aside from the active compounds, I mean the consistency of the herbs, how they grind etc.
I'm wondering what type of weed everyone is using. I suspect one of the reasons I'm getting 10-11 full hits per chamber load is the excellent weed I usually find.

Have gotten lucky buying the last of really good batches. It's usually a little older and drier (so your buying less water), and the dispensary is ready to get rid of it so the price can be discounted by 20-30%. I'm finding that excellent weed will give strong terpenoids hits starting on level one, and can potentially give 30, 40 or 50% more THC per hit at every setting.

I have some supposedly 26% indica that I suspect was purposely mislabeled, might only be 18-20%, definitely weaker than normal. Couldn't get a decent hit on levels 1 or 2, and only around 8-9 total hits per chamber load. Might be more satisfying at 5-6 hits per load, still have a 1/2 ounce.

Legal weed in the U.S. comes with a label which includes the THC percentage, as shown in the picture. The problem is that as soon as labels and testing were required, unscrupulous folks started faking tests and printing false labels.

Anyone else have an opinion about the ideal weed quality for a properly functioning io?

Attachments

• PXL_20210517_185508537 (1).jpg
    PXL_20210517_185508537 (1).jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 9
Top Bottom