Discontinued Hopper io

a2486523

I ordered the special gold edition hopper io, shipping went almost trough, until german customs at the airport. i declared it, as here recommended, as a aroma therapy device with that code 8516 79, but after inspection i got via telephone that it went back to the shipper cause of being dangerous. what a pity.... have to try it a second time. fuck the eu .

cliffhanger1

I ordered the special gold edition hopper io, shipping went almost trough, until german customs at the airport. i declared it, as here recommended, as a aroma therapy device with that code 8516 79, but after inspection i got via telephone that it went back to the shipper cause of being dangerous. what a pity.... have to try it a second time. fuck the eu .
i am sorry to hear that.
i ordered very often from HL never with problems to germany..
but the most time i used Fedex Express which costs 75 dollar, but with fedex were never costs with customs. never. maybe it helps..

Last edited:

Thebigsmoke

Wow man that's terrible news I hope you can get something sorted out. Hearing this has made me a bit nervous. My unit arrived in London at 8 am on Thursday morning and has went dark since. From what I can gather it's at customs. Does anybody from the UK have any bad experience with customs and getting there hopper?

a2486523

Thanks i will try it with fedex, and next time it goes to customs from the airport, i can delegate it to my local customs station , where i can be in personal when that guy opens the package... so i hear the reason and i can assure its not a e cigarette

Macicman

Did you have your mask on where you irdered?

Macicman,

david8613

Dang it! That sucks! So messed up u have to wait!!! So hopper had the gold ones ready to go? I brought a naked Titanium thinking there was a long wait for colored hoppers???

david8613,

cliffhanger1

Thanks i will try it with fedex, and next time it goes to customs from the airport, i can delegate it to my local customs station , where i can be in personal when that guy opens the package... so i hear the reason and i can assure its not a e cigarette
Fedex is a private company and they have their own customs. my goes every time very fast, only 1 day through custom office.
they never opened it and HL wrote a value from only 20 dollar to it.
you pay little more shipping costs than USPS, but you safe very much more money with having no taxes and fees at customs
good luck

cliffhanger1

I don't quite understand HL. I did a lot of shopping there, as some here know. But I also sold a lot again because I found other good vapes.

But I wrote to them several times during her 20% campaign out of buying interest.

And again with the big discount on the last day. They always ignored me. It's strange because everything was always fine between us und before they answered me every time. I heard the same from others in the past they ignored.

but I don't care, now I've had the V Leaf Go for a few days and i dont know at all but I think I like it even more than the Hopper.

Edit:
because i cant order the normally way manually on their homepage, because i want the fedex shipping option i am knowing from the past. and the orders with fedex they made always manually and ships me the invoice

Last edited:
cliffhanger1,
  • Sad
Reactions: vapviking

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Gave my OG a little love over the weekend and put it to use for the first time in weeks as I was cleaning my IO. My OG still works well (after a yearlong RMA which I got it back last August, just prior to getting the IO). My OG runs about 1 full temp setting higher than my IO, still produces some nice clouds. Both are Titanium. I can notice the difference however that the heater isn’t as powerful as the IO and I’ve become accustomed to and spoiled with the instant heatup with the IO. Still the OG works well and a great backup to the IO which I use nearly daily. All good in my Hopper neighborhood and hope everyone can attain the same experience with their Hopper as me (except any RMA). Hope everyone has a great start to their week. :peace:

cliffhanger1

I don't quite understand HL. I did a lot of shopping there, as some here know. But I also sold a lot again because I found other good vapes.

But I wrote to them several times during her 20% campaign out of buying interest.

And again with the big discount on the last day. They always ignored me. It's strange because everything was always fine between us und before they answered me every time. I heard the same from others in the past they ignored.

but I don't care, now I've had the V Leaf Go for a few days and i dont know at all but I think I like it even more than the Hopper.

Edit:
because i cant order the normally way manually on their homepage, because i want the fedex shipping option i am knowing from the past. and the orders with fedex they made always manually and ships me the invoice
HL wrote me that they has to too few workers, like everywhere else in the usa, there is a lack of workers.
lol
that's why they're answered so late.
They said they would still give me the discount.

but I don't want to anymore because I'm really happy with the vleaf go :)

Edit:
I dont need Hopper Labs :lol:

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

Well today I received my "metal tube" delivered by USPS. Took a few days to clear customs and I was getting a bit suspicious.

But I'm now back in business and very happy about it!

The new PCB looks like a better quality than I've seen before, in terms of solder quality on the exposed through hole pins you can see down the battery chamber. Normally I've noticed this is pretty messy (due to their custom automated applicator being a little too custom and needing tweaks). The battery contact pad is also intact, normally I notice this has some wear and tear pre-applied (likely by a testing process).

Maybe there has been some honing in on some of the production since I first got my io units, it has been a while so happy to report the quality seems good.

Off-gas from factory wasn't nothing, but it was far less than the toaster I bought yesterday.

So far I've just sampled part of a chamber with the normal mouthpiece set at temp 3.
Really happy with it, immediately has outperformed my legacy units, even my cool running (RMA pending) Ti io and Dynavap, which I was stuck using over the last weekend/early week.

At this temp 3, I'm getting enormous clouds very comfortably without any cooling. It's amazing, and I really don't need or desire anything else besides this type of performance.

Another great working unit to abuse. Pity about all the others, but I don't even mind as it is easily worth it for me to get this type of performance. I probably won't turn the sublimator on over this one again, which is high praise.

If they could just scale up their technician and support side of affairs, I'll remain ecstatic. As soon as I miss this particular type of performance from a portable, it is a massive disruption and nuisance. Hopefully things can pan out and it'll be a seamless journey for the next few years again.

This hopper is working unbelievably well without cooling using the default mouthpiece. I did think the LEDs shining through the heat exchanger were a bit brighter/more noticeable. Hard to compare with my old units in need of a deep clean.
This is one very, very impressive item. Despite the oddities, it is just an absolute blast to be under the influence of a proper hopper yet again.

Yesterday I convinced myself to buy an Orion when the controllers are eventually available just because the 1hr timer on my old sub model is such a pain. I think I will change my mind now I have the full blown power of an io ready to unleash at a whim, yet again. This is the only way to go and I'm consistently happy to have prioritised it.

EDIT: I really have to emphasise, I've never got raw vape out of a hopper that is so smooth yet still packs such an over abundant lungful. My last SS was running really hot at all levels I guess, so it had great output but was very uncomfortable. The Ti is smooth but it doesn't give smoke-like clouds like this, dense considering most 'vaporizers', but light compared to 'Sublimators' (borderline smoulderers)
It is a true marvel. Yet to see the ABV, I'm ripped off this one chamber, it is starting to taste a little spoiled now running at 4.5 - but even at this temp it just doesn't have the heat I have come to expect from using the pen end. But the clouds I'm getting are better than a typical e-cig. Big ups to HL for automagically making August and the remainder of winter down here an absolutely excellent time. Having this kind of utility brings an inner peace that I really noticed the lack of as soon as my last unit cooked the goose :rip: Probably not the healthiest sensation perhaps, but I'll worry about that next time my hopper dies and the ease and simplicity turns into a lacking impossible to fill void...

I had to put in effort to quit smoking, taking seriously 3 or 4 years to get over tobacco addiction. The Arizer EQ pretty well got me there, but the hopper actually got me over the line by properly taking out much of the effort. The first time I hit the Sub, it was like listening to high-end audio for the first time, reaching new levels of therapeutic sensory saturation. Using cannabis with anything less slowly becomes not a waste but a silly downgrade. The io is better than an iPod, it's not better than a Sublimator, but it's close enough and so much more convenient that is actually utterly ridiculous. Then you combine everything and you get absolute satisfaction. I guess I'm mad like an audiophile for these vapour waves. Gotta have the right tool for the job, and the tech that delivers the goods is too fun, too nice, and a must have.

SSio2.jpg

Last edited:

david8613

Awesome! It's good to hear good news, especially when it comes to hopper io! Hey I want to buy some glass for my hopper io. Any recommendations? Something that looks cool, affordable, budget friendly but still durable. I was looking at some and wow so beautiful but the prices so high! This will be my first piece.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Awesome! It's good to hear good news, especially when it comes to hopper io! Hey I want to buy some glass for my hopper io. Any recommendations? Something that looks cool, affordable, budget friendly but still durable. I was looking at some and wow so beautiful but the prices so high! This will be my first piece.
I'm being a bit facetious, but here is a "starter" piece. I sometimes use this on the pfe with nothing else.
Inexpensive, durable, pocketable, it provides just enough to protect from mouthpiece heat, and a touch of cooling to the vapor.
Later, if you buy an 18mm glass piece, this will be your adapter.

You can gop to DHGate (China) and see lots of inexpensive glass, like this;

Folks used to loved the D-020-D, but I'm not seeing that one on dhgate right now(?).

JBone65

Using cannabis with anything less slowly becomes not a waste but a silly downgrade.
I'm really hooked on the continuous heavy hits, the convenience, the efficiency and the stealth of the IO. I also find myself making improvements on the health front while continuously stoned. In addition to walking away from several bad habits, strong vapor seems to be moving me towards an organic reduced-carb diet and overall healthier lifestyle. I only own one GH. I traded the last OG for the IO almost a year ago. Not sure what I'll do when it fails, might just lay off until it's repaired. I used to have zero willpower...🤪

MoltenTiger

The battery contact pad is also intact, normally I notice this has some wear and tear pre-applied (likely by a testing process)
After using this 'spare body' with the battery, turning the dial a few times and swapping the cell a couple of times, the PCB is looking as per normal, with a nice circular scrape mark on the battery terminal. I realise now that as the device was shipped as a spare part, it never had a battery interfacing it to mark the pad. So that's cool, the body was as fresh as possible and the testing process of course would use the various test points and might not interface with the negative terminal.

Anyway I gave the thing a good work out last night, as soon as I tried it through the beaker, man what an insane head rush, time got away from me. This one is even nicer than my previous SS io that was a scorcher. I've kept away from T5 after I melted my previous SS io, but I don't think this unit would have that same potential, and it's not missed given T1 still offers massive clouds. The whole spectrum on this hopper is better again, though it fails to reach the same high temps as my now broken unit, it can run a little cooler. I guess I will run through 1-5 again for a comparative ABV spectrum. The terpiness is off the chart and the way it hits is just perfect.

SSio-2.png

I'm really hooked on the continuous heavy hits
Same, and have been for many, many years. It's the only way to go IMO. It got to a point where I had to make the decision to swap to vapour as smoke was ruining my system. I've had a vape for a decade now, but have only really been using them since 2015, and if it wasn't for the GH in 2016 and the Sub in 2017 then I wouldn't have been able to actually get what I wanted out of the experience.

The hopper offers something really special when it comes down to it. Bloody ripper mate :science:

ill85

Well today I received my "metal tube" delivered by USPS. Took a few days to clear customs and I was getting a bit suspicious.

But I'm now back in business and very happy about it!

The new PCB looks like a better quality than I've seen before, in terms of solder quality on the exposed through hole pins you can see down the battery chamber. Normally I've noticed this is pretty messy (due to their custom automated applicator being a little too custom and needing tweaks). The battery contact pad is also intact, normally I notice this has some wear and tear pre-applied (likely by a testing process).

Maybe there has been some honing in on some of the production since I first got my io units, it has been a while so happy to report the quality seems good.

Off-gas from factory wasn't nothing, but it was far less than the toaster I bought yesterday.

So far I've just sampled part of a chamber with the normal mouthpiece set at temp 3.
Really happy with it, immediately has outperformed my legacy units, even my cool running (RMA pending) Ti io and Dynavap, which I was stuck using over the last weekend/early week.

At this temp 3, I'm getting enormous clouds very comfortably without any cooling. It's amazing, and I really don't need or desire anything else besides this type of performance.

Another great working unit to abuse. Pity about all the others, but I don't even mind as it is easily worth it for me to get this type of performance. I probably won't turn the sublimator on over this one again, which is high praise.

If they could just scale up their technician and support side of affairs, I'll remain ecstatic. As soon as I miss this particular type of performance from a portable, it is a massive disruption and nuisance. Hopefully things can pan out and it'll be a seamless journey for the next few years again.

This hopper is working unbelievably well without cooling using the default mouthpiece. I did think the LEDs shining through the heat exchanger were a bit brighter/more noticeable. Hard to compare with my old units in need of a deep clean.
This is one very, very impressive item. Despite the oddities, it is just an absolute blast to be under the influence of a proper hopper yet again.

Yesterday I convinced myself to buy an Orion when the controllers are eventually available just because the 1hr timer on my old sub model is such a pain. I think I will change my mind now I have the full blown power of an io ready to unleash at a whim, yet again. This is the only way to go and I'm consistently happy to have prioritised it.

EDIT: I really have to emphasise, I've never got raw vape out of a hopper that is so smooth yet still packs such an over abundant lungful. My last SS was running really hot at all levels I guess, so it had great output but was very uncomfortable. The Ti is smooth but it doesn't give smoke-like clouds like this, dense considering most 'vaporizers', but light compared to 'Sublimators' (borderline smoulderers)
It is a true marvel. Yet to see the ABV, I'm ripped off this one chamber, it is starting to taste a little spoiled now running at 4.5 - but even at this temp it just doesn't have the heat I have come to expect from using the pen end. But the clouds I'm getting are better than a typical e-cig. Big ups to HL for automagically making August and the remainder of winter down here an absolutely excellent time. Having this kind of utility brings an inner peace that I really noticed the lack of as soon as my last unit cooked the goose :rip: Probably not the healthiest sensation perhaps, but I'll worry about that next time my hopper dies and the ease and simplicity turns into a lacking impossible to fill void...

I had to put in effort to quit smoking, taking seriously 3 or 4 years to get over tobacco addiction. The Arizer EQ pretty well got me there, but the hopper actually got me over the line by properly taking out much of the effort. The first time I hit the Sub, it was like listening to high-end audio for the first time, reaching new levels of therapeutic sensory saturation. Using cannabis with anything less slowly becomes not a waste but a silly downgrade. The io is better than an iPod, it's not better than a Sublimator, but it's close enough and so much more convenient that is actually utterly ridiculous. Then you combine everything and you get absolute satisfaction. I guess I'm mad like an audiophile for these vapour waves. Gotta have the right tool for the job, and the tech that delivers the goods is too fun, too nice, and a must have.

View attachment 11090
Thank you very much for describing your impressions, I too will buy a hopper IO
soon. Like you, I own a Sublimator, I spoke recently with Marijuana Man who didn't give me much hope for the arrival of the new controller. By now the Sublimator has ended up in oblivion, Enrico has been in court, without any success.

MoltenTiger

Thank you very much for describing your impressions, I too will buy a hopper IO
soon. Like you, I own a Sublimator, I spoke recently with Marijuana Man who didn't give me much hope for the arrival of the new controller. By now the Sublimator has ended up in oblivion, Enrico has been in court, without any success.
That doesn't sound too promising for the Sublimator... what a pity. Hopefully it does eventually properly return.

I packed mine up today, less clutter with the hopper and beaker. It's been a great combo the last few days. I'll bring it out when I get bored or want dabs, the hopper has flower covered for the most part.

What did you say or do at the customs to clearify thats not a e cigarete or do u live not in the eu ?
kind regards from germany

I'm in Australia and thankfully I didn't have to do anything, it was simply delivered. Hopper labs must have claimed it was a metal tube, that was what the envelope description said. Previously I have seen "Aromatherapy device" for a complete SS Hopper io, I guess it depends on what you purchase. The spare body was technically just mostly a tube, the description did strike me as unusual. They might be going for a more stealthy angle given the recent laws in the US for shipping vapes. Then again, they have always used generic and discreet terms from what I have received.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I think my 11 month old IO, which has worked flawlessly until now, may have an issue. The native frontend is getting way too hot, and I’ve even turned down the temp which usually runs 2.7 to 3.5. I gave it a good cleaning just prior: soaking the frontend in ISO, light ISO swabs around the the body, chamber (doing so upsides down), the entire backend, all threads. Blu-Tac wasn’t used like I usually do because the threads weren’t too bad. Anyone have any thoughts? The fronted never got that hot for me with the IO and it was more the vapor but now it feels like just beyond the point where the slant of the tip meets the wide part of the body is very hot and much hotter than usual. I’m a huge native user and never experienced this with the IO (my OG however is another story, lol). I do need to do a bit more testing at lower temps than above, and I’ve used my IO there before, but I usually start above 2.5 without any issues.

Now I’m wondering if it’s a battery issue? :hmm::peace:

Vaporific,
Reactions: Tweakz

caliganja420

I just received my hopper IO after years of lurking. Finally got around to using but i can’t find any videos or review on how to actually use the device and any tips or tricks? How do I check the battery percentage without having to pull the battery out?

caliganja420,

MoltenTiger

I think my 11 month old IO, which has worked flawlessly until now, may have an issue. The native frontend is getting way too hot, and I’ve even turned down the temp which usually runs 2.7 to 3.5. I gave it a good cleaning just prior: soaking the frontend in ISO, light ISO swabs around the the body, chamber (doing so upsides down), the entire backend, all threads. Blu-Tac wasn’t used like I usually do because the threads weren’t too bad. Anyone have any thoughts? The fronted never got that hot for me with the IO and it was more the vapor but now it feels like just beyond the point where the slant of the tip meets the wide part of the body is very hot and much hotter than usual. I’m a huge native user and never experienced this with the IO (my OG however is another story, lol). I do need to do a bit more testing at lower temps than above, and I’ve used my IO there before, but I usually start above 2.5 without any issues.

Now I’m wondering if it’s a battery issue? :hmm::peace:
Have you tried a different mouthpiece?

Given the general nature of these devices, it could easily be doing something weird. But if the pen end has been used primarily for about a year - maybe it has trapped resin/material which is now conducting more heat to the mouthpiece sidewalls? Soaking in isopropyl may not be enough to remove it unless it's really hot.

I just received my hopper IO after years of lurking. Finally got around to using but i can’t find any videos or review on how to actually use the device and any tips or tricks? How do I check the battery percentage without having to pull the battery out?
Nice one, how have you found it so far?

For the most part with vaping, you do partly have to find how the device suits you. The Hopper is a little versatile, but as the vapour path is so short it is somewhat limited out of the box. The versatility comes from extending the vapour path, which can allow for longer draws and bigger hits comfortably. There are endless options that can cool the vapour.

The biggest difficulty is the variance in performance that seems likely between each hopper, and this changes how much output you get, even with different cooling accessories. This then impacts the effects.

Some staple options for cooling would be anything with a 14mm glass joint (oil domes, reducers, J-hooks, ash catchers, bubblers, stems) also silicone hosing is very effective, either short or long sections.
Then theres the PFE which is designed to seal to 14mm tapered fittings, so a much better water pipe adapter. It can also fit some 510 drip tips (mouthpieces for e-cigs).

In terms of use, especially with the io, it's super simple. Click it on and toke on demand.
The device doesn't have a capacity read out for the cell, it's best to have fresh batteries primed and ready using an external Li-ion cylinder cell charger like the Xtar MC2. Performance can vary but you can only expect several chambers per cell. The io has two stages of low level bettery power, low power mode and flat. You can still get some use, especially with repeat hits, in low power mode but I consider any LED fluctuation as a sign to swap batteries. The less you deplete the cells, the quicker they are to charge too.

I've actually only used batteries with my latest hopper unit so far, as opposed to mains power which is the ultimate upgrade, but I have been solely charging with a battery bank and X-tar MC2 giving me 5 solid days running portably off of ~10400mAh (having around 13 charge cycles and 1 quarter Oz or so).

Overall the io is even more straight forward than the original Grasshopper, not many tips or tricks are needed.

If you load slightly less and keep the chamber clean between refills (Arizer stir tool and MFLB brush), avoid pocket lint in the air holes (leather sleeve), avoid oils seeping into the heater, keep the mouthpieces clean with unrestricted airflow, keep the battery contacts and threading clean and keep spare batteries handy - you should have a good time for a long time.

caliganja420

Have you tried a different mouthpiece?

Given the general nature of these devices, it could easily be doing something weird. But if the pen end has been used primarily for about a year - maybe it has trapped resin/material which is now conducting more heat to the mouthpiece sidewalls? Soaking in isopropyl may not be enough to remove it unless it's really hot.

Nice one, how have you found it so far?

For the most part with vaping, you do partly have to find how the device suits you. The Hopper is a little versatile, but as the vapour path is so short it is somewhat limited out of the box. The versatility comes from extending the vapour path, which can allow for longer draws and bigger hits comfortably. There are endless options that can cool the vapour.

The biggest difficulty is the variance in performance that seems likely between each hopper, and this changes how much output you get, even with different cooling accessories. This then impacts the effects.

Some staple options for cooling would be anything with a 14mm glass joint (oil domes, reducers, J-hooks, ash catchers, bubblers, stems) also silicone hosing is very effective, either short or long sections.
Then theres the PFE which is designed to seal to 14mm tapered fittings, so a much better water pipe adapter. It can also fit some 510 drip tips (mouthpieces for e-cigs).

In terms of use, especially with the io, it's super simple. Click it on and toke on demand.
The device doesn't have a capacity read out for the cell, it's best to have fresh batteries primed and ready using an external Li-ion cylinder cell charger like the Xtar MC2. Performance can vary but you can only expect several chambers per cell. The io has two stages of low level bettery power, low power mode and flat. You can still get some use, especially with repeat hits, in low power mode but I consider any LED fluctuation as a sign to swap batteries. The less you deplete the cells, the quicker they are to charge too.

I've actually only used batteries with my latest hopper unit so far, as opposed to mains power which is the ultimate upgrade, but I have been solely charging with a battery bank and X-tar MC2 giving me 5 solid days running portably off of ~10400mAh (having around 13 charge cycles and 1 quarter Oz or so).

Overall the io is even more straight forward than the original Grasshopper, not many tips or tricks are needed.

If you load slightly less and keep the chamber clean between refills (Arizer stir tool and MFLB brush), avoid pocket lint in the air holes (leather sleeve), avoid oils seeping into the heater, keep the mouthpieces clean with unrestricted airflow, keep the battery contacts and threading clean and keep spare batteries handy - you should have a good time for a long time.

very elaborate, thank you kind sir! Coming into the hopper I knew the vapor was going to be hot with such a short air past but I’m definitely used to it and don’t really have a problem with it at level three so far. so since there is no battery indicator on the hopper itself, I should just watch for the LED lights to dim? Or will it let me know when it’s on low power mode? How do you pack this thing properly? I have a scoop tool but it seems easier to just dip it into my grinder. do you feel the need to stir?

caliganja420,

MoltenTiger

very elaborate, thank you kind sir! Coming into the hopper I knew the vapor was going to be hot with such a short air past but I’m definitely used to it and don’t really have a problem with it at level three so far. so since there is no battery indicator on the hopper itself, I should just watch for the LED lights to dim? Or will it let me know when it’s on low power mode? How do you pack this thing properly? I have a scoop tool but it seems easier to just dip it into my grinder. do you feel the need to stir?
Yeah, given experience with other vapes, the Hopper is a bit easier to grasp and the harshness is not surprising. Alternatively with a history of smoking, I'd doubt some peope would find it too harsh even if maxed out and running to spec. I noticed with sharing the GH around, smokers sometimes prefer it without cooling and happily go for big hits without complaints. Really it depends on what you're used to, they definitely coughed the most from it! They might not even notice the amount they are having until they exhale and wind up having a fit. It's happened quite often with heavy smokers. They also usually comment on the effectiveness. Being able to get a solid hit is the first part of the puzzle, once it is figured out it is nice and consistent.

In terms of battery management, in some ways it could be best on a fresh day with a fresh chamber to load a fully charged cell.
Otherwise I usually just try my luck, it is pretty evident when the power level droops as the vapour thins out.

In the manual there is a cheat sheet for the LED indicator lights. It's not as straightforward being monochromatic, with various pulses being the only way to show a difference.
In that way it is kind of nice having the bicolour LED in the legacy, it's a little clearer.

But low power mode is unique to the io and is shown by single pulse flashing lights, at which point I usually swap to a (normally by then) fully charged battery off the charger.
I forgot to swap at this point last night actually, hitting the chamber after a short break with the same low power batt, and got an enormous cloud (albeit very slightly less than possible). When you're out and about, it's usually more convenient to keep using the device in low power mode, but it can be a bit lacklustre. Depends on what you're wanting at the time.

Packing the device is less finicky than many alternative vapes. Typically it can tolerate whatever you put into it.
There is some fluctuation between devices in terms of their offered heat curves. This is the biggest variable in terms of performance, it's a little random and hard to cover with a blanket rule.
Typically the convection and insulated design will give the biggest hits with a dense, fine grind packed/crammed into the chamber.

Part of what I mentioned above in the previous post is maintance tips, packing less will avoid the extreme end of this kind of usage which will help with device health.

The Brilliant Cut Grinder is an ideal pairing with a hopper as it offers three plates which all lead to small and enjoyable differences.

I find it easiest to load by pinching in material over the grinder, or by using a 3D printed 'Grasshopper Feeder' off eBay.

I don't stir and I'm not a fan of more than 3 large hits per chamber. A proper hopper won't need stirring, cooler units seem to but they just won't work especially well regardless. You can tell how hot the unit is running by the colour of ABV, it should get quite dark. The darker or lighter it is, the more likely something is or will go wrong.

Top Bottom