Discontinued Hopper io

Hoey420

One of my first legacy ss hopper got sent in for warranty, got it back then it died again lol then hopper labs wanted me to send it in again back in 2017 but i didn't so now might send both in but i got another ss legacy hopper is also dead not even registered, might try to send that over hey.....

So far i haven't been without a working hopper since 2016. In my situation i need stealthy other vaporizers give out smells if not keeping cleaned and i never want to vape weed in front of my wife and kids so grasshopper is the only vaporizer that i can be medicated and running a family :)

I got 3 working hoppers still, hope i don't run out.
Took this pic when one of the io was working n the 2 dead hoppers
20210605_100613.jpg

I still got sticker and silicon tips in one of the box :)
20210605_101744.jpg

Hoey

slozukimc

One of my first legacy ss hopper got sent in for warranty, got it back then it died again lol then hopper labs wanted me to send it in again back in 2017 but i didn't so now might send both in but i got another ss legacy hopper is also dead not even registered, might try to send that over hey.....

So far i haven't been without a working hopper since 2016. In my situation i need stealthy other vaporizers give out smells if not keeping cleaned and i never want to vape weed in front of my wife and kids so grasshopper is the only vaporizer that i can be medicated and running a family :)

I got 3 working hoppers still, hope i don't run out.
Took this pic when one of the io was working n the 2 dead hoppers
View attachment 9533

I still got sticker and silicon tips in one of the box :)
View attachment 9534

Hoey
They gave me credit for three broken OG Hoppers toward an IO. None of them were registered. Still waiting for the purple IO. 🙄

Gotta say Bro, with that many Hoppers you damned well better have had one working since 2016.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I think they still manually test units. Really. Not like they’d have a suction machine to automatically test things. Case in point lots of new units
come with with scratches and scuff marks, and some have received dirty devices with debris in them or missing heater screens. Historically their QC/QA has been lacking, maybe just maybe a tad better as of late but still miles to go if you ask me.

I may exercise my OG soon since my IO is top fiddle. I don’t want the OG sitting dormant too long. I should take the battery out (and charge it). I have a half dozen or so batts shared between the OG and IO. :peace:

slozukimc

I think they still manually test units. Really. Not like they’d have a suction machine to automatically test things. Case in point lots of new units
come with with scratches and scuff marks, and some have received dirty devices with debris in them or missing heater screens. Historically their QC/QA has been lacking, maybe just maybe a tad better as of late but still miles to go if you ask me.

I may exercise my OG soon since my IO is top fiddle. I don’t want the OG sitting dormant too long. I should take the battery out (and charge it). I have a half dozen or so batts shared between the OG and IO. :peace:
About the scratches and such on new units. What would make any of us believe that HL isn’t using the OG Hopper bodies they bought back for cheap and reselling them as new with new guts in them?

Vaporific

About the scratches and such on new units. What would make any of us believe that HL isn’t using the OG Hopper bodies they bought back for cheap and reselling them as new with new guts in them?
Anything is possible. I shudder to think a brand new unit isn’t really new but it’s conceivable I guess. I wouldn’t put it past them the way they operate. I’ll leave it at that.

I think I’ll do a full, top-to-bottom cleaning of my IO tonight ahead of a long weekend road trip with my IO. ISO and Blu-Tac shall not be spared :). :peace:

Vaporific,
Reactions: arb

slozukimc

Anything is possible. I shudder to think a brand new unit isn’t really new but it’s conceivable I guess. I wouldn’t put it past them the way they operate. I’ll leave it at that.

I think I’ll do a full, top-to-bottom cleaning of my IO tonight ahead of a long weekend road trip with my IO. ISO and Blu-Tac shall not be spared :). :peace:
All I will add is that there is no way I believe they are giving $80 credit for something they aren’t going to use. Even if it does get them out of a lifetime warranty.

slozukimc,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
My speculation is that a new io is made from all-new parts, but
If you send one in for repair, you might get a remanufactured piece, like new internals in a recycled body. I'm personally ok with that (as I said above) if the piece performs to spec.

Testing? Dunno about that, but for this hot one I just got it must have been a click-on, click-off test, if that.

slartibartfast

I finally received my 4/20 order! Charging it up now, can't wait to take this thing for a spin!

My OG grasshopper wont charge batteries anymore so I'm about to send it in for repair, do I even bother?
My battery charger didn't ship, I'm assuming it's delayed, do third party chargers still damage these batteries?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I don't think they ever did, lots of folks use 'em.

Yeah you just have to get them to stay in carefully, unless you have Delta 3D battery sheathes for charging... That external charger HopperLabs is offering, looks incredible, I wonder if it will ever see the light of day though? I certainly would never give money to them for it now in advance :uhoh: :lol:

slozukimc

I finally received my 4/20 order! Charging it up now, can't wait to take this thing for a spin!

My OG grasshopper wont charge batteries anymore so I'm about to send it in for repair, do I even bother?
My battery charger didn't ship, I'm assuming it's delayed, do third party chargers still damage these batteries?
Was yours a colored unit by chance?

slartibartfast

Was yours a colored unit by chance?
No, plain Ti

Yeah you just have to get them to stay in carefully, unless you have Delta 3D battery sheathes for charging... That external charger HopperLabs is offering, looks incredible, I wonder if it will ever see the light of day though? I certainly would never give money to them for it now in advance :uhoh: :lol:
hahaha I had no idea they were delayed and I just included it in my order on their 4/20 sale. They already have my money and my io finally arrived and everything seems to be working. I guess I'll just wait for it at this point.

I use nothing but a Luc V2 from efest for all of my vape batteries. Works fine.
In good news, the io is charging again, looks like it was my fault, I had knocked the usb cable out of the charger

slozukimc

hahaha I had no idea they were delayed and I just included it in my order on their 4/20 sale. They already have my money and my io finally arrived and everything seems to be working. I guess I'll just wait for it at this point.
Good luck. I don’t think HL has rcvd their order of unobtanium to make them from.

slozukimc,

slartibartfast

The reason why I think the tenergy unit I used damaged the batteries for my og hopper is because when I would leave them in the charger, the charging led would never go green, it was always red no matter how long I'd leave them in the charger, even overnight. Then I'd touch them and the light would turn green. The hopper would work less and less and it wasn't charging to begin with. Actually maybe it was the hopper and I should try these old batteries in the io.

Ok wow, so normally I grind up a bunch of weed and then combine it with distillate so what I'm vaping is very much on the moist side, and has a lot of thc. Anyway, I just took a couple of lung filling rips through my glass piece and it just whited it out on temp 2,3,4. It really is instant on. This is everything I wanted the og hopper to be so far.

My only disappointment is that the performance front end gets almost as hot as the regular front end when you hit it natively. I like native hits. For a long time I was using my e-nano through glass exclusively, until I recently got a dyna and started using that native, and the smell difference is night and day even though I'm using the same material. The water must be filtering a lot of terps.

Vaporific

That external charger HopperLabs is offering, looks incredible, I wonder if it will ever see the light of day though?
It’s sitting next to the steel case in Hopperland :)

My only disappointment is that the performance front end gets almost as hot as the regular front end when you hit it natively. I like native hits.
I’ve noticed this too but I use my native frontend most of the time. I’m also a BIG native user like 99% of the time too. I don’t go too high with the temp so using a Hopper (initially OG and now an IO for 10 issue-free months) natively could never be bad. Great as a matter of fact for me. Cheers & enjoy your IO! :peace:

Vaporific

Sorry about that, it's been a while since I've been here.
Edit feature good until 4 hours after your post I think. Welcome back and to the thread.

Shamefully I didn’t clean my IO last night however the battery is fully charged (with an extra packed & a mag charger always in my car), it’s locked and loaded for the road trip which starts right now… :) :peace:

Vaporific,
Reactions: Tweakz
Omg I had given up all hope. Then I saw that guy get his plain Ti so I reluctantly checked my order. I hadn’t bothered checking the last few weeks and had absolutely 0 faith left.....

USPS TRACKING NUMBERS BABY! GREY TI IN THE MAIL!!!

I WILL SOON JOIN THE HOPPER MASTER RACE, MY TIME HAS FINALLY COME BOYS!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
the performance front end gets almost as hot as the regular front end when you hit it natively.
Yeah, they'll both get hot if you're pulling multiple hits with not much time to cool down in between.
Clicking off a few secs before you end your draw can help, but only a little, toward cooling.

Minimalist cooling for mouthpiece;
My wife uses a drip tip (I linked just a few posts back) and I use a simple glass adapter as a heat shield, plus I prefer the feel of glass to that of the metal.
one of these;

Or maybe the most basic (?), cut a 1/2" length of whip tubing and slide it over the end of the pfe. Even 5/16" id works for me, though 3/8" id would work a little easier.
USPS TRACKING NUMBERS BABY! GREY TI IN THE MAIL!!!
Double check that it's actually in motion from Boulder...otherwise it's just a label.
Fingers crossed for you!

slozukimc

Yeah, they'll both get hot if you're pulling multiple hits with not much time to cool down in between.
Clicking off a few secs before you end your draw can help, but only a little, toward cooling.

Minimalist cooling for mouthpiece;
My wife uses a drip tip (I linked just a few posts back) and I use a simple glass adapter as a heat shield, plus I prefer the feel of glass to that of the metal.
one of these;

Or maybe the most basic (?), cut a 1/2" length of whip tubing and slide it over the end of the pfe. Even 5/16" id works for me, though 3/8" id would work a little easier.

Double check that it's actually in motion from Boulder...otherwise it's just a label.
Fingers crossed for you!
I have a package coming from HL. This will be the second one recently that isn’t likely to have my purple IO in it. RMA service is working quickly but I am frustrated with others receiving orders for purple units placed after mine.

Top Bottom