homemade-ish automatic vapor bong

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
So I had a broken volcano from a friend that I took appart and deemed that the heating element was completely dead. I checked all the connections and power was getting through and without completely destroying the machine it didn't seem like there was much that could be done. It had already been opened up which voids the warranty I believe and I didnt feel like dealing with the hassle of sending it back etc.

At some point I thought, why not just hook the pump up to my vapor brothers and let er rip. Well thats what I did! It took literally 2 seconds to figure out which were the intakes and outputs of the pump and the tubing hooked up to my whip's tip perfectly. It wasn't long before I realized how strong the volcanoes pump really is...so I grabbed my shitty acrylic bong that I sometimes use to vape bong...unfortunately my perc'd ice catche'd RooR is no longer with us :( and hooked up the tubing to the downstem of that. Sure enough it could force vapor right through with no problem.

Anyway, I shot a quick video however the vape bowl was almost completely vaped and I didn't feel like getting high so you cant see much vapor. I shot it on my 4S but in transit it looks like it lost some quality. Anyway - enjoy! BTW I dont think the arizer or any other fan powered vape can force air through a bong in this way - but because of the way this is configured it harnesses much more of the pumps power.

My only concern is that instead of using the air produced by the pump to blow over the bowl - like in the volcano and the extreme Q, this is using the pump to suck the vapor and blow it out, how likely is it that this poses a health risk? Can anyone such as hippydickie or anyone with more technical knowledge than I posses chime in?

Thanks for reading!

sorry for the sound effects...not even sure...:/ :lol:

http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/3/7ld.mp4/

edit: sorry for the poor quality!

PhishCactus,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Interesting experiment, PhishCactus. :science:

But what are you going to do with that setup? Attach a bag? Forced air bong hits?

Stu,

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
honestly it was more for kicks, I have a working volcano for bags and this set up is not in the least descreet but if I can find a way to harness a larger amount of vapor through this set up and then inhale it all at once that would be cool. I was thinking of hotboxing under some covers (too wasteful) or maybe hook it up to an oxygen mask and fall asleep with it on. :lol:

PhishCactus,
Top Bottom