HomeGrownLogs

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by RastaVapa, Apr 14, 2016.

1. VanCough

VanCough Environmentalist

Well I'd have to cut a small piece off or scavenge for a dropped branch for the wood required. But I really don't want to harm the tree in any way so what is the smallest amount that you'd need?

Also, once acquired how long would the piece of yew wood take to cure? If it's years then I guess it's a no go.

Here's a couple of photos of the magnificent tree:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  2. TeeJay1952

TeeJay1952 Well-Known Member

3. GreenHopper

GreenHopper 20 going on 60

Oh wow, that leafy friend has character! Man I'm looking forward to the hazy spring forest treks.

DanTeDays, RastaVapa and VanCough like this.
  4. VanCough

It'll be a big fuck yew if it takes years to cure!

Have vaped beneath its jade canopy many a summer day :ko::leaf:

Wonder what it would say if it could speak? It would have been around when the romans came to Britain!

...would probably ask me to pass the vape! :lol:

5. GreenHopper

I think it would say something along the lines of: "Ah I see you've met my cousin herbie" :D

DanTeDays, jimfish4130 and VanCough like this.
  6. Burt

Burt Well-Known Member

Don't cut *anything* off that tree!

It would be scumbag-makes-the-local-news levels of wrong.

:myday:

7. VanCough

I would never harm the tree! I love it.

I was just thinking that if I can't find any dropped timber then pollarding a bit from a branch wouldn't harm it...

Could even ask the Forrest commission (or FC if you will ;)) when they trim it (which they do) for some of the cuttings.

But tbh I don't even know how much Nick would need and it may not be possible. It's probably just a fanciful thought.

If you find it offensive to pollard wood from a tree you have seen, but have no problem with cutting a tree down completely and using that timber, then you are like a meat eater who is happy to buy plastic wrapped chickens so long as they don't look like animals... :2c:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    Aezhenn, YungLeaner, Madcap79 and 7 others like this.
  8. Burt

Burt Well-Known Member

Man I don't care that much, but the headline "Yob Vandalizes Celebrated Local Tree to Make Drug Pipe" writes itself. Ask first for sure imho. Either way, no offence meant.

9. VanCough

No stress, no offence taken. It's worth clarifying I'm not planning on cutting the gentle giant down! I'll definitely ask first and see if there are any cuttings the Forestry Commission can leave me when they pollard next.

It's actually pretty neglected, it's out of the way and no one really visits it. Hence why I can lay under it and get vaked on a sunny day without any worry of being disturbed.

Would just be nice to have a little piece of it (taken in a sustainable manner) so I'll always remember those warm sunny days if I'm ever in a position where I cannot visit it.

Aezhenn, P.A.M., Madcap79 and 7 others like this.
  10. RastaVapa

RastaVapa HomeGrownLogs UK log maker Manufacturer

See if they have any they have trimmed the last few years I bet some is lying around somewhere in a pile unless they chuck it on the firewood pile :o

I would need a blank around 50-70mm diameter for a log but smaller pieces can be used for stems and wongs would be amazing if they had some still from trimming it...

I bet there is some interesting grain going on in that wood...

11. VapourHaze

VapourHaze Vaping since '02

Just want to drop in and say I've done the classic get the vape and then drop off the thread.

Loving my HGL defo need a vvps imo for fine tuning vapour.

Great performance and so pretty too.

12. Madcap79

Madcap79 Jack of all trades, master of none.

Life's been hectic lately. Got my HGL a few days ago and finally got a chance to make video last night. Fell asleep before uploading it. Haha. Anyway, I'm loving it so far! Cheers!:cheers:

Click to play YouTube Video

lazylathe, Seren, DanTeDays and 9 others like this.
  13. RastaVapa

Nice man glad you are getting along with it, looked like nice thick hits too, like the water piece I have an orbiter very similar...

14. Lookatmeglow

Lookatmeglow I seem to have a bad case of VAS

Wonderful video! A couple questions.

What song is that in the video and how do you like the sneakypete gobe?

The HGL looks great too.

15. Madcap79

Madcap79 Jack of all trades, master of none.

It's actually wood and it came from HGL. I'm really enjoying the globe. I've been pleasantly surprised by how much I like it, actually. Only issue is that it can be a little tippy. I might need to resolve that.

16. RastaVapa

17. Drexciya

Drexciya Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers

Those are gorgeous. I am really liking the shape of the small one. Are these with the new screens?

18. GreenHopper

The black one looks like a large pawn, can you make me an entire chess set? The castle/rooks will look awesome! Not sure sure how you'd do the knights though :shrug:

19. Lookatmeglow

Lookatmeglow I seem to have a bad case of VAS

[​IMG]

Bigger than this, but keeping a more "boxy" design should allow for a horse styled knight to work. I love the idea of a chess set made from logs!

@RastaVapa love all three but I think the second one, stripped, is my favorite of those three. Beautiful work!

20. GreenHopper

Oh man, it is totally doable, and use induction charging to power them, and fill each piece up so that when it's knocked off the board the opponent have to take a hit. And...and... we can have a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP @RastaVapa CHESS TOURNAMENT, let the games begin :lmao:

21. Ashrefuzed

Ashrefuzed Member

How are people using concentrates in the HGL? Using a stem or the gong??

And @RastaVapa (not sure if I tagged properly) any full glass gongs available yet?

22. SavageCore

SavageCore Well-Known Member

Sandwiched between cotton for concentrates or solids.

Pretty sure all glass has always been available, I have one...

Drexciya and DanTeDays like this.
  23. Ashrefuzed

Ashrefuzed Member

Thanks @SavageCore .. mine came with a glass tube with a bit of silicone to make it the right size, I'd quite like one that just fits without the silicone tho!

24. SavageCore

SavageCore Well-Known Member

Oh right yeah, mine is the same. I'd like a larger one, this little guy can be fiddly and hot..

25. Drexciya

Drexciya Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers

Did anyone try the HGL with Marocan hash? If there is one thing I miss from smoking joints it is the hash taste and smell. I am a bit nervous about melting the hash and getting it all over mij wong.

DanTeDays likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors