1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

HomeGrownLogs

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by RastaVapa, Apr 14, 2016.

1. RastaVapa

RastaVapa HomeGrownLogs UK log maker Manufacturer

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Purpleheart and Yew SS stems ,ferrule is pinned so not removable :leaf:

Alexis, Lemmings, Copacetic and 21 others like this.
  2. VapourHaze

VapourHaze Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02

Nice gonna defo snag a yew one, to match my vapman :) Probably have to wait till end of month for funds tho. Been super close to ordering a log but much rather get from uk at great price.

Peas

3. Stevenski

Stevenski Enter the Dragon

When I think of English Yew I think of the English longbow & I hope the HG is just as devastating & long lived. I also think I want one & the pricing is superb even taking into account exchange rates.

You know how many times I have used my EQ since I picked up a log? None, zero, zip, 3/5 of fuck all thats how many times.

4. vorrange

vorrange Vapor.wise

RastaVapa, do you refurbish other logs? I have two wychwoods (a former log vape maker from the UK) that need some conditioning. One has the center tube broken and needs another resistor, the other has had an accident and has one side charred enough for the flavour to be noticeable when hot.

I want to use the body of the first with the parts of the second, but i'm unable to remove the metal tubes from them.

Nice looking vapes you got there, congratulations! Wish you the best of luck in your endeavour!

5. RastaVapa

i have a Wychwood too which i have fixed a number of times so i could have a look they are similar built to mine so no prob PM me :tup:

can't have unused logs lying around.........

Alexis, Copacetic, grokit and 16 others like this.
  6. u bwade wunner

u bwade wunner Well-Known Member

Why not see if You can get the heating core updated too vorrange?..Rastas design looks Ike an upgrade to me.:science:

@RastaVapa can I ask,how are you holding the centre tube in the core washer...is it welded to it?.

When I started looking at logs,I was looking for a way to spot weld stainless for the washer & tube assembly,but ended up finding a way to swage the centre tube into the washer with tools I had.

Last one,Are there Any silicone or glues in the heater or vape design?

Thanks,Diggin the fresh new log thread.:rockon:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
    Alexis, Reflections, Seren and 11 others like this.
  7. VapourHaze

VapourHaze Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02

Yes whats in the airpath? It seems like youve done your research so im assuming its all safe and tested etc.

Reflections and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  8. RastaVapa

Hi ,yes its welded in place all metal is 316 SS including wire to heater which is rohs certified.
    There is no glue or silicon at all in construction and only SS,glass beads and heater in airpath even the leather on base is an artificial leather as I did not want real leather.

Take it easy

9. Mirimi

Mirimi Well-Known Member

Hey there!
    So excited to see new log vapes in Europe, they are gorgeous!
    I've been drooling at log vapes (especially UDs :love:) but my income is limited, so I was worried about the need to order from the US (customs, returns can add up pretty quickly).
    This seems like a perfect solution for me!

i'm a flower user only, I need high temp vaping but like a bit of low-temp. No concentrates. So do you think the regular voltage source with a dimmer would be enough?

Do you plan on offering aromatherapy cups?

Good luck for your new venture!

10. peterpiper

peterpiper (peter-ex-piper)

Yes he is working on aromatherapy cups but I will let him explain more,when available

Will make more sense to have it on all day, good excuse for me with my wife, just take cup off take a hit and replace, very stealth

Alexis, duckTape, Reflections and 8 others like this.
  11. RastaVapa

I have a bench PSU which i used to use but for a while now i have only used the fixed PSU and i vape mainly flowers and Landrace hashs sometimes a blob of rosin will go on top and it vapes them all really well without turning it up or down just using my draw speed to regulate temps.

If you want complete control i would def recommend a VVPS or PWM dimmer but it is not needed to control temps to a certain degree, hope that helps (i will be offering a PWM dimmer in due time but any 12v log dimmer or vvps will work).

As for aromatherpy dish we have been looking at a glass bowl that will sit on top and can be just lifted off to use as a vape just like @peterpiper was saying , if i cannot win with these glass bowls i will prob include a copper dish to do the job so aromatherapy will be covered.

Take it easy

12. Drexciya

Drexciya Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers

Yes, just started vaping this January but I already came to the conclusion I need a log vape. Then I came to the conclusion they were not available in Europe and then I stumbled upon this thread.

Alexis, Reflections, Seren and 5 others like this.
  13. RastaVapa

Came to that conclusion quickly lol, i remember buying my WW off ebay years ago ,i already owned an EQ at the time but that little WW knocked all my other vapes onto the shelf for a while, they def leave a good impression on everyone that trys them i think.

Alexis, Reflections, Vaponly and 6 others like this.
  14. Drexciya

Drexciya Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers

I am fucking combustion and got the haze dual as my first vape. It is a great vape and it helped me a lot. But as it was my first vape I came to the conclusion that one vape cannot be the tool for every situation. So I am looking for something that complements it. I was already looking for a convection vape and I think a log vape would complement the haze very well.

15. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

@RastaVapa Do you know if underdog/HI stems will fit over your core ?

I have quite a few stems and would probably only pick up a new log if i can use some of the stems from Dave, Alan,and Ed that I've already invested in.

:peace:

Reflections, Seren, Vaponly and 6 others like this.
  16. RastaVapa

Yes the HI stems will fit as @Bvapst use's a HI gong in his video not to sure about underdogs logs ,the size is around 9.5mm core diameter if that helps , 5mm down the core is a lip which is 12mm diameter for stems to rest on.

be nice to see some of ed's t n t stems on them :drool:

Alexis, Reflections, vapognak and 8 others like this.
  17. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

Cool Thanks. The stems I have that fit over the core are the same size for both the UD and HI along with Ed's UD stems so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and stash away some cash for a couple of 'paydays'.

(right now, these days, this week, my favorite stems are Alans all wood roasting tubes and the UD ss stems)

Reflections, Seren, Vaponly and 8 others like this.
  18. Madcap79

Madcap79 Jack of all trades, master of none.

Good luck @RastaVapa ! As you can see from my signature, I'm a bit of a log hog/lover. You can count in me for an order from the US. Welcome to FC!:wave:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    Reflections, Seren, Vaponly and 8 others like this.
  19. RastaVapa

Nice one, thanks man you certainly do have a lot of logs :nod:

20. underdog

underdog shade-tree vapor engineer Manufacturer

Welcome to the (Log) community @RastaVapa :tup:

Looks like you've got a nice elegant design there Rasta, between that and your price I suspect you won't want for orders! Nice to see someone across the pond back in the game since WW closed up. :clap:

Alexis, Lemmings, Gray Area and 20 others like this.
  21. KeroZen

KeroZen Chronic vapaholic

That's almost an understatement! It was loooooooooooooong overdue! :p

22. RastaVapa

Thanks for kind words always admired underdog logs means alot coming from one of the main men I got my incentive to start up from owning a WW hopefully i plan to be around a bit longer to spread the word on this type of vaporizer here in uk.....

Take it easy

23. E0x

E0x Well-Known Member

care you share the outside diameter of the chamber of this stem and the Internal Diameter too please.

thanks in advanced

Philreal187 likes this.
  24. RastaVapa

ID is 9.5mm to 9.7mm and outside is 12mm slight tolerances on tubing of around .1mm

:leaf:

25. Slow Draw McGraw

Slow Draw McGraw Sticky Brick Labs Company Rep

I just LOVE when you speak REAL English. :D

Alexis, Lemmings, grokit and 7 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors