Hits trailing off e-nail

rob555

I recently bought an e-nail (the Sticky Box) and have been experimenting with temps. It seems that no matter the temp or size of the dab, there is always smoke/vapor trailing off the nail when I'm done. Even a tiny dab that I should be able to take in one breath with no problem has what looks like waste coming off once I'm done. Is this common with e-nails? Any tips on fully using my concentrate without leaving any behind?

rob555,

DyerMaker

Flowers&Shatter
My guess is that your concentrates are leaving a little bit of residue on the e-nail and, since the temperatures constant, you will still see that little bit of smoke coming off.

If this isn't the case, it's probably just not vaporizing your entire dab(but you said no matter the temp, which makes me think the isn't the case).

Last edited:
DyerMaker,
Reactions: rob555

rob555

I am using a carb cab. Once I lift the cap off and clear the piece, I can re-cap it and refill the piece once or twice more from the trailing vapor.

rob555,

rob555

I've watched some more e-nail videos and it looks like it happens commonly. Most of the people in the videos just ignored it.

rob555,

herbivore21

Ok here's something I've wanted to bring up for a while:

Why do people remove the carb cap to clear the piece? When the vapor runs out, it will still clear just the same with the carb cap left on the whole time! All you do removing the cap is trick yourself into thinking your dab has finished evaporating for a moment until invisible trails become visible and you realize you have lost half of your dab!

Pretty much every single video I have ever seen of someone dabbing on an enail has this happen and they lose heaps of the dab.

Now onto the possible sources of your trails:

1. You may need to jack the heat up, on a competent enail rig if you are getting trails you need to raise the temp somewhat.

2. The nail you are using has poor heat distribution, leading to pooling of your dab and very slow vaporization at certain points on the dish and leading to your trails.

3. You may simply not be hitting the piece for long enough!

4. As above, you may not be carbing long enough and there is not enough pressure in the dish to push all of the vapor down through your piece.

5. Your carb cap may not be very well designed, the hole in the carb may be bigger than the inlet hole on your nail for example, this will cause your vapor not to flow properly through the piece and want to go in the reverse direction. Your carb may not also sit properly on the nail or have various other potential design flaws.

Hopefully these possible issues help you work out your problem brother, happy (lack of) trails!

Top Bottom