High Times 2011 Cannabis Cup -Detroit

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
hey guys, here are some emails that i received from high times that i wanted to post for your reference:

*** EMAIL #1 from donotreply@eventbright.com ***

High there! If youre receiving this letter, youre getting set to attend the HIGH TIMES Michigan Medical Cannabis Cup. HIGH TIMES is incredibly excited to be holding a Medical Cannabis Cup in Detroit for the first time ever. We cant wait to see you there!

A few things you should know before the event:

Medical Marijuana Form: CLICK HERE to get a medical form. Were attaching this so attendees can fill out the form in advance and avoid long waits before entering the Expos medicating area. So, in order to streamline the process, we ask that you fill out the form and bring it with you to the event. Once your medical form is verified by our staff, you will be admitted to the medicating area.

Expo and VIP Party Hours: The Expo promises to be a must see for the Michigan medical marijuana community. The hours for the expo are:

Saturday, October 15: 12pm 7pm

The Saturday Expo will be followed by our special VIP Party featuring Royce da 59, 420 Funk Mob and special guest Dr. Funkenstein (a.k.a George Clinton).

The Warehouse

140 Clark St.

Detroit, MI 48207

VIP Party: Doors at 8pm, show at 9pm.

Remember, you must be 18 years of age or older to attend the Expo and the VIP Party.

Sunday, October 16: 12pm 7pm

The Awards Ceremony will follow Sundays Expo. Its the moment youve all been waiting for who has Michigans best indicas, sativas, hybrids, concentrates, and edibles? Find out at the Michigan Medical Cannabis Cup Awards Ceremony, 7:30pm 9pm.

Directions: The HIGH TIMES Michigan Medical Cannabis Cup will be held at Berts Warehouse Theatre in Detroit - 2739 Russell Street. Both Saturday and Sundays Expo, as well as Sundays Awards Ceremony will take place at Berts:

Take 175 towards Detroit.

Take Exit 52, Mack Ave. (you will see a McDonalds).

Make a right on Rivard Street.

Turn left on Wilkens Street at the stop sign.

Continue through two red flashing lights.

The first driveway on the left is an open parking lot for all attendees.

You can leave your car in the lot (the lot will be patrolled by security guards).

Then walk back one block on Wilkens and turn left on Russell.

You should arrive at Berts Warehouse Theatre (2739 Russell Street)

View Bert's Warehouse Theatre in a larger map

We look forward to celebrating the resurgence of Detroit with you at the HIGH TIMES Michigan Medical Cannabis Cup!

Event: HIGH TIMES Medical Cannabis Cup - Detroit, 10/15/2011

Date: Saturday, October 15, 2011 at 12:00 PM - Sunday, October 16, 2011 at 9:00 PM (CT)

2739 Russell Street
Detroit, MI 48207

For more information click here: HIGH TIMES Medical Cannabis Cup - Detroit, 10/15/2011

Please download and print your electronic tickets.

*** EMAIL #2 from msafir@hightimes.com ***

Hello,

At this time we are not offering any discount codes. That box is placed on the website by default.

Thanks,

Michael Safir
Business Manager
HIGH TIMES Magazine
419 Park Avenue South, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10016
212-387-0500 ext. 249

*** EMAIL #3 from hightimes ***

Hello,

Michigan does recognize patients from other medical marijuana states. You will need your California medical marijuana card or doctor's recommendation.

Thanks,

so i will try to post my thoughts after the saturday/before sunday event ends/starts for anyone who is still undecided.

akwardsauce,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
thanks for the info. buying two tickets right now.

*Edit: Tickets bought, i will be attending for sure. Planning on getting there for both saturday and sunday night and going in as soon as the football games are over; both days.

I should have a VXC in hand, SM55 is planning on expressing me hit personal unit for another round. This particular unit is the same one he has been using at the dispensaries for other FC members. It has a history behind it.

IAmKrazy2,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
ok so heres what i got to say:

they have a sign there that says no medicating on site due to the detroit police dept coming in and saying thats the rules.

when we were there, george clinton was walking around the outdoor section where they have the different dispensaries. there was 1 dude that packed him something out of an ice bong with a dirty silicone tube that everyone was sharing. when it was finally my turn, the guy lighting it was "its cached"...so he didnt repack & i didnt ask for it. that was the only non-cigarette smoking that i saw. i bought a couple different strains from a few tents and some edibles. there were really not that many outrageously cool vendors. ganjar was one, and another glass jar product (where you can write on it with a permanent marker and has the sticker that says "hello my name is ____"). the also had a soil and lighting booths, some sweatshirts, a few glass things (pipes, bongs, etc).

i forgot the names of the strains i got & theres nothing labeled. one is white widow for sure...i forgot the others. but $35, $45, $55 per 1/8th. $10 & $19 per grams. edibles ranged from $2 - $10 for cakes, capsules, jolly ranchers, brownies, rice krispy treats, chapsticks, salves, candies, muffins, tinctures, and even chocolate/strawberry milk!

so you gotta take everything home & try it, but lucky for us, we live just down the street from it!

so there ya go, im going back tomorrow to do some last chance shopping!

im also going to the VIP afterparty in an hour or so...

akwardsauce,
Top Bottom