cptofnthng

Dont go overboard with information.

cptofnthng,
  • Haha
Reactions: lazylathe

lazylathe

Almost there...
Dont go overboard with information.

I added relevant details but no pics as I am on my phone...

popitup

Yikes! Sounds like this was only an issue for early buyers who chose opal, though. Still hugely irresponsible of highfive.

onlygayontuesgay said:
Opals are NOT an appropriate gemstone for a ball vape housing. They’re sometimes used in terp slurpers and spinners, but even then, they lack the ideal thermal properties.

Ruby is known to be stable at upwards of 2,000F, but Opal is barely stable past 300F. The silica-water matrix that the opal is composed of will basically lose its bond as the stone dehydrates and off-gasses the water. They’ll also expand/crack/shatter.
Yep, at some point, they realised the opals are a disaster and removed them as an ordering option.

Also looks like that's not the only report, https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/18wuubx

Last edited:

Jojofernz

Tough, sad to see that some companies don’t care or won’t put the effort into some research(or testing?) before pushing something out

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Yikes! Sounds like this was only an issue for early buyers who chose opal, though. Still hugely irresponsible of highfive.

onlygayontuesgay said:

Also looks like that's not the only report, https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/18wuubx
Well i havent read the link as i do not have registration ,but knowing the level at reddit ,i think there is some mistake here between natural opal stones and glass opal.w ,which is just colored quartz terp pearl. Someone was too fucking high and got paranoid before doing actual research IMO.If i have to guess the fault ,it is dirty metal or dirt on the pearls that smelled like ass upon heatup.
blue-opal-high-five-1_e807ae58-82ef-47ed-9c62-5e1d16e3586e_1024x.jpg
s-l1200.webp

Last edited:

martinstraka8282

Well i havent read the link as i do not have registration ,but knowing the level at reddit ,i think there is some mistake here between natural opal stones and glass opal.w ,which is just colored quartz terp pearl. Someone was too fucking high and got paranoid before doing actual research IMO.If i have to guess the fault ,it is dirty metal or dirt on the pearls that smelled like ass upon heatup.
blue-opal-high-five-1_e807ae58-82ef-47ed-9c62-5e1d16e3586e_1024x.jpg
s-l1200.webp
There is not much there in either thread beyond claiming they tasted awful, like the worst they'd ever tasted even combusting, and that they were stuck together in the chamber and difficult to get out. Almost all of the following comments come from non owners, so not much useful beyond the OP's, but I counted 3 owners claiming theirs were fine. One of those users followed up though and said they found "shattered" opals upon opening. Another claimed they shattered during the initial self cleaning before they even used it and found claims of the same in other threads. The usual reddit back and forth from all the "experts" otherwise.

That said, High Five has removed them as an option when choosing the Herb Chamber or any bundles with it, so that part is true. Only the SIC balls can be bundled with it now, but the other ones are still in stock separately, so they've only been removed as a bundle option with the Herb Chamber.

This is interesting as I'd asked about their ball choice here little bit ago, because I'd bought one and it seemed like an odd choice based on what other ball vapes typically come with. I ordered 3mm rubies for this reason and am glad they look to be set to arrive on Monday, same as the high five vape. I just hope 100 is enough to fill it.

I've emailed them to ask and received an auto reply that they are overwhelmed with inquiries and may take 2-3 days to respond. I didn't get that before when I inquired about something else, so I think something is up.

Last edited:
martinstraka8282,
Reactions: Grass Yes

martinstraka8282

Got mine today, but my separate shipment of rubies didn't show up as expected, so now I just get to look at it for the night. Probably not worth chancing the opals based on those reddit threads.

Still no response from High Five either. I imagine they're huddling up holding communication for whatever their next step is.

martinstraka8282,

martinstraka8282

I got mine yesterday and since my 3mm rubies hadn't arrived yet, I decided to chance it with the included 6mm opals for a session.

One of them shattered after one quick session with max temp at 630F, so safe to say they are not up to the task. I've cleaned it all up and gotten it ready for my rubies arriving today. Rubies that cost over $37 cdn to get to me for 100 of them.

I did receive a response to my email asking about the shattering opals I'd been seeing online and was told it was only happening to users that were cranking it too high to 750-800. I replied with my experience at 630, nor does that add up with what some of the reddit users posted for temps they used. They did offer to ship 6mm SIC balls out to me as their alternative.

They also were out of stock on the Universal Coil Adapter at the time of shipment apparently as on the packing slip it just says out of stock, refunded. I don't really know what is right or wrong here and I'm probably out to lunch, because I'm sure most companies would ship the order without asking, but I literally wouldn't have ordered without that option and would have liked the chance to decide to proceed or not. They also didn't actually issue the refund so I'm left having to pester them with that too. I can and will get it from PlanetVape since I'm in now, but for over $55 cdn shipped.

All in all I'm not overly stoked because I'm in basically an extra $100 now to get where I wanted it to be with working beads and universal coil compatibility, and I would have gone with other options if I'd known this. Not the end of the world, but an experience that feels worth passing along here.

As far as the device itself goes, I did get some mighty clouds on my one session last night, so that part is good. I will report back after I've tried it tonight with the proper rubies, but I suspect it will perform as expected.

Edited to add that the lack of handle is something I didn't even notice or really think of, but it's a bit annoying. It still handles okay, but it really should have a dedicated handle.

Last edited:

Ford Wenty

I have a born on date of 420 69, it suits me! :)
I've purchased a Titanium Herb Nail and E-banger from them. The products I finally received work well, however the issues trying to deal with this company should be noted. I've placed two orders with them so far and live less than 40 miles from where they ship. Both orders I received tracking info within a couple of days but orders weren't taken to USPS for several days after that, meaning orders that you may assume will come in a timely manner probably won't.

On my second order with them for accessories, I was shorted one of my items. The receipt had everything printed as shipped and then hand written on the packing slip, they crossed out one of the items in pen and hand wrote "Out of Stock Refund". No refund was given by them for the item that wasn't shipped. I waited a few days and checked my credit card statement for the refund and it's not there. They have no phone number and I'm not looking forward to trying to deal with this. Not Cool High Five!!!!!!

martinstraka8282

I've purchased a Titanium Herb Nail and E-banger from them. The products I finally received work well, however the issues trying to deal with this company should be noted. I've placed two orders with them so far and live less than 40 miles from where they ship. Both orders I received tracking info within a couple of days but orders weren't taken to USPS for several days after that, meaning orders that you may assume will come in a timely manner probably won't.

On my second order with them for accessories, I was shorted one of my items. The receipt had everything printed as shipped and then hand written on the packing slip, they crossed out one of the items in pen and hand wrote "Out of Stock Refund". No refund was given by them for the item that wasn't shipped. I waited a few days and checked my credit card statement for the refund and it's not there. They have no phone number and I'm not looking forward to trying to deal with this. Not Cool High Five!!!!!!
Ya I experienced similar on both accounts. Granted, mine was ordered during the holidays, so I was forgiving and unconcerned, but I did notice it was noted as "shipped" with a tracking number sent to me 5 days before USPS actually got it in their hands.

The "out of stock refunded" is something I'm trying to deal with now through email and their response time is 2-3 business days atm. It was the Universal Coil Adapter I was shorted too, which was a pretty important aspect of the purchase. It was marked as in stock and shipped in all their correspondence, so I also only found out from the packing slip when it arrived.

When I asked them about the shattering opals, they said very matter of fact that it's because users are running it above their recommended max temp of 700F. I replied with a picture of mine that shattered at 630F, but no response to that yet.

In hindsight, I wish I would have gone with something else, because getting rubies and the universal coil adapter elsewhere has proven costly, adding over $100 cdn to the cost, but at least the product itself works well and I don't feel entirely ripped off. And to their credit, they did offer to ship 6mm SIC balls at no cost when I initially asked about the shattering opal reports, but those don't sound like a great match either and I'd already ordered the rubies. I suggested they refund me the base cost of the Opals when sold separately and/or some shipping costs instead.

At full price, I don't recommend this kit. The 50% off sale was representative of its true value compared to the competition imo, especially considering the proprietary coil connection and need for an adapter that is now unavailable anywhere until further notice.

Just as an fyi to anyone buying this and looking to sub in rubies. You will need around 150 3mm rubies to fill the head, so don't under order and only grab 100 like I did.

martinstraka8282,
Reactions: Ford Wenty

Ford Wenty

Ya I experienced similar on both accounts. Granted, mine was ordered during the holidays, so I was forgiving and unconcerned, but I did notice it was noted as "shipped" with a tracking number sent to me 5 days before USPS actually got it in their hands.

The "out of stock refunded" is something I'm trying to deal with now through email and their response time is 2-3 business days atm. It was the Universal Coil Adapter I was shorted too, which was a pretty important aspect of the purchase. It was marked as in stock and shipped in all their correspondence, so I also only found out from the packing slip when it arrived.

When I asked them about the shattering opals, they said very matter of fact that it's because users are running it above their recommended max temp of 700F. I replied with a picture of mine that shattered at 630F, but no response to that yet.

In hindsight, I wish I would have gone with something else, because getting rubies and the universal coil adapter elsewhere has proven costly, adding over $100 cdn to the cost, but at least the product itself works well and I don't feel entirely ripped off. And to their credit, they did offer to ship 6mm SIC balls at no cost when I initially asked about the shattering opal reports, but those don't sound like a great match either and I'd already ordered the rubies. I suggested they refund me the base cost of the Opals when sold separately and/or some shipping costs instead.

At full price, I don't recommend this kit. The 50% off sale was representative of its true value compared to the competition imo, especially considering the proprietary coil connection and need for an adapter that is now unavailable anywhere until further notice.

Just as an fyi to anyone buying this and looking to sub in rubies. You will need around 150 3mm rubies to fill the head, so don't under order and only grab 100 like I did.
On my original order they lied to me about my package being lost. USPS info said package not received from the tracking number they gave me and High Five said it was dropped off and maintained that lie for over a week. They said that USPS would do a lost package search and then they'd refund me or reship. While waiting I added to my order which was then reshipped a week later via USPS with the exact same tracking number as originally. I know they lied about USPS losing the package because they never had an update accepting it and tracking/shipping labels can't be re-used. While my product is ok, I can't accept the way this company does business and will be removing their info from my vape signature so I don't lead others to have a similar experience.

PS: Don't do a bunch of back and forth with them, call your credit card company and dispute the charge. Let's banks know they're suspect.

martinstraka8282

On my original order they lied to me about my package being lost. USPS info said package not received from the tracking number they gave me and High Five said it was dropped off and maintained that lie for over a week. They said that USPS would do a lost package search and then they'd refund me or reship. While waiting I added to my order which was then reshipped a week later via USPS with the exact same tracking number as originally. I know they lied about USPS losing the package because they never had an update accepting it and tracking/shipping labels can't be re-used. While my product is ok, I can't accept the way this company does business and will be removing their info from my vape signature so I don't lead others to have a similar experience.

PS: Don't do a bunch of back and forth with them, call your credit card company and dispute the charge. Let's banks know they're suspect.
Wow. That's brutal. Aligns with them trying to lie to me about the opals though I guess..

I am curious to see what the response is like to my last email, as I was polite, but a lot more direct with pictures and costs of replacements this time. But you're probably right about just checking out and going to the CC dispute based on some of their other behavior. I've had to do that a few times in the past and is a reasonable option.

BlazeyMcBlazeFace

I want nugs not hugs
Woah I seen these online a couple of weeks back & they even had a “black opal” option - which lead me to google opals heat capacity ect. I couldn’t believe they were selling them even if they are glass encased (which I don’t understand the actual point to the glass?! I know for “safety” but what’s the advantage heat wise with opal that can’t safely be heated & then in glass?! but anyway hahaha they are pretty to look at 🤣)

BlazeyMcBlazeFace,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

martinstraka8282

It almost just seems like simply laziness. Like they sold enails for years and instead of researching and securing the proper option for this new product, they just used the same opals they sell that work for that application. Even now, they're only offering 6mm SIC balls which from my understanding isn't exactly ideal either. Either way, their lack of responsibility so far in general is disappointing.

martinstraka8282

Another disappointing twist to my journey... the Universal Coil Adapter I found and ordered on PlanetVape.ca is actually for using High Five COILS with other boxes, not other coils with their BOXES. Lol FFS, why does such a thing even exist? It didn't direct through High Five. Not needed at all really, but maybe not totally useless one day. Either way, my own fault for not reading the fine print. The other one was out of stock and is for the purpose I need, but I just thought it was a double listing and could see it was the last one in stock so ordered hastily.

So, in the end, I end up with a proprietary connection on the PID that I'd tried to avoid in the first place, unless they come back in stock, but the listing has been removed from High Five's site entirely instead of just marked out of stock like other stuff.

Anyone looking at these should probably go into it not assuming it will be available.

martinstraka8282,
  • Sad
Reactions: Shit Snacks

martinstraka8282

Still no response to my latest inquiry from Tuesday along with pictures beyond their one sentence response that customers were to blame for running it too hot, so I've gone ahead and requested a full return with all shipping costs covered or I will pursue a chargeback with my credit card provider. Thanks for the advice from the person that suggested that. Nice to have a little leverage in these situations.

martinstraka8282

I thought I should follow up here. I didn't end up filing a Visa dispute. The thing kicks so hard once I put rubies in it that it didn't feel right to get all my money back. I might feel differently at full price, but at 50% off, I do think there is value to be had compared to other options available.

Yesterday, I finally received a detailed response from High Five that I thought was in the realm of acceptable. They apologized extensively and thanked me for the feedback/info and assured me my partial refund for the missing item would be processed right away, along with a pack of 6mm sic balls mailed out, even though I don't really need them now.

For the Vape itself, it seems to be performing as solid as any. It took about 180-190 3mm rubies to fill the head, while still fitting a screen in to alleviate plugging the holes. With the rubies, I can have it at about 610-620 for the roast I want. 1 or 2 hit extraction is possible, especially if the coil head is put in the bowl a bit prior to hitting it. The bend on the coil makes the lack of handle mostly a non issue for me, but it sits like shit on the dinky provided stand. It just wants to fall forward and needs an ashtray below just in case. Gotta be better options out there.

JCVAP sells the universal coil adapter, so I was able to order one after all and not be left with a proprietary connection, provided it works out. All in all, I paid extra from having to source rubies and the universal adapter myself, but at least the thing works really really well.

For value, I think the 50% off sale makes it worth consideration. $174 USD for the whole package plus a spare coil and 10 screens is pretty darn good. At regular price, I would definitely go with other options, but it's tough with so many of them sold out or on pre-orders. The Zeal and Omega were interesting and still are.

Last edited:

Ford Wenty

I wanted to update this post with some new information. Several weeks after I reached out to High Five about the refund, I got a refund out of the blue from High Five for the full amount of both the non-shipped item and the broken item. They never did respond to my original email about the issue, but not only did they refund the issue, but they also shipped me the missing part from my order along with a replacement for the broken piece. This was nice of them to do. I do hope they get better at responses to customers and preventing issues, but I do have to say I've now been using their E-Nail for flower and concentrate for months and it's never let me down. It heats quick, does a great job with both.

They introduced a new bowl for the flower wand and a handle and I ordered them a couple days ago and got them today. Fastest order from them by a lot to my door. Based on the quality of products and great sale prices I will likely continue with them for e-nail needs. I'm just going to accept that things may take longer to get here but worth it when they do.

Cheers all and Happy 420!

Top Bottom