High-cbd hemp sensimilla?

herbalist33

So I've been enjoying vaping some high cbd (4%) hemp flowers that are available from vapefiend. I believe they are grown in Spain. They are very nice for when you want a vape but don't want to get medicated.

They are however very similar to shwag herb (lots of seeds, sticks, leaves etc). I was just de-stalking and de-seeding a load to store in a jar for when needed, and I got wondering whether there is anyone who grows this hemp in a sensimilla style (get rid of the males early on so that the females never become pollinated and thus produce more flower).

It occurred to me that by growing these strains sensi-style that you'd end up with a lot more than 4% cbd, which would be great for medical patients and cbd extract artists.

Anyone know anyone that's growing sensi hemp?

Peace

Last edited:

MinnBobber

It occurred to me that by growing these strains sensi-style that you'd end up with a lot more than 4% cbd, which would be great for medical patients and cbd extract artists.
I have some Mango Kush, 8.5% CBD and 4.2% THC---great looking sensi buds!!!

Are you looking for strains with nearly 0% THC? I wanted to try high CBD but also wanted THC.
Yes, high CBD strains with great sensi buds are out there.
I take it you're in Europe though.
Not sure if Amsterdam has gotten into any high CBD yet???

ander

That's exactly what I will experiment with a strain called Carmagnola. I have found something specific about this in Switzerland. The price is crazy anyway, but it seems that from a declared 3% CBD of the Carmagnola they have aquired a 5-6% with sensi method (and I hope not more since also THC will grow..!).
I think/hope we will see more and more of this kind of products (the first Dinafem one). By my point these low THC products are foundamental for the cultural acceptation of cannabis.

ander,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
CBD - same as THC - will be increased in sinsemilla for sure! Yielding late will increase content of CBD too.

@ander, Thx for your advice to Dinamed CBD. THC/CBD ratio 1:25 is spectacular (if realistic ;-))!

Will try to get some for my gf (MS). Does anybody already have experiences with this strain?

Hogni,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Just google "medical cannabis cbd". Too much to explain. It has other medical characteristics than THC.

Last edited:

nomadicsoul34

Just google "medical cannabis cbd". Too much to explain. It has other medical characteristics than THC.

I have read about the benefits of cbd but im sceptical of the stuff sold on amazon etc and its true cdb content so i wondered what people on here actually experience.

nomadicsoul34,

herbivore21

So I've been enjoying vaping some high cbd (4%) hemp flowers that are available from vapefiend. I believe they are grown in Spain. They are very nice for when you want a vape but don't want to get medicated.

They are however very similar to shwag herb (lots of seeds, sticks, leaves etc). I was just de-stalking and de-seeding a load to store in a jar for when needed, and I got wondering whether there is anyone who grows this hemp in a sensimilla style (get rid of the males early on so that the females never become pollinated and thus produce more flower).

Anyone know anyone that's growing sensi hemp?

Peace
You need to find bonafide seedstock (good luck!) with a type III chemotype (these are seeds that are demonstrably known to produce high CBD, low THC chemical profiles in the resulting plant). I know that PCR testing of plant DNA can detect CBD chemotypes before you have flowers (important if you want to avoid no-CBD phenotypes that can be expected to have other, illegal cannabinoids in greater concentrations). See the most recent hash church for information on an affordable version of this sort of testing equipment. This will not tell you whether you have a Type II or Type III chemotype though, the distinction being that Type II tends to contain significant THC as well as CBD.

However, if you grow your own Type III plant, you still run the risk by chance that even a type III chemotype plant may produce more than the legally allowed level of THC in the plant (IIRC the UK requires below .03% of THC - I may be wrong here). The amount of THC in resin varies between plants over time, even with the same seed supplier. This is organic material, it does vary. Essentially, do not think you are protected from legal problems in prohibition land just because you are growing high CBD flower. :2c:

Also, your assumption that sensimilla is always the most resinous material can be found to be wrong in some cases. IME, intersex plants in some varieties/phenotypes can actually produce the highest resin content, more than seedless females. Skunkman Sam has mentioned this in the past too on hash church, in some cases intersex plants get better resin coverage than females. This will vary depending on what you have. What is most important is to focus on varieties and phenotypes that are known to produce large quantities of resin, which have the desired CBD content. Varieties that are known for CBD but yield low % of CBD and low overall quantities of resin are not going to be the most useful medically.

In your case, you may prefer to purchase the abundantly available pure CBD isolate from vendors in Europe (Isodiol is a tried and true manufacturer!). This is 99-100% crystalline CBD. Buy some blue river terpenes (DO NOT BUY OTHER TERPS AS I CANNOT SPEAK TO WHETHER THESE ARE CANNABIS DERIVED OR WHOLE TERP PROFILES - IMPORTANT FOR RATIOS - YOU MAY BE TAKING UNNECESSARY RISKS).

Yes, these are expensive. However, you can be sure that you have what you need.

Mix 19:1 parts (CBD isolate:blue river terps) of your CBD and terps to create a formulation containing 95% CBD and 5% total terpene concentration. This will be comparable to rosin or solvent extracts made from Type III high CBD flower, with no risk of THC in your material. This should keep you out of trouble with the law which I assume is a goal if you consume CBD hemp derived material in the UK?

I suggest terp profiles from high CBD varieties for the best ensemble effect results. High myrcene terp profiles are also recommended for this.

Last edited:

herbalist33

You need to find bonafide seedstock (good luck!) with a type III chemotype (these are seeds that are demonstrably known to produce high CBD, low THC chemical profiles in the resulting plant). I know that PCR testing of plant DNA can detect CBD chemotypes before you have flowers (important if you want to avoid no-CBD phenotypes that can be expected to have other, illegal cannabinoids in greater concentrations). See the most recent hash church for information on an affordable version of this sort of testing equipment. This will not tell you whether you have a Type II or Type III chemotype though, the distinction being that Type II tends to contain significant THC as well as CBD.

However, if you grow your own Type III plant, you still run the risk by chance that even a type III chemotype plant may produce more than the legally allowed level of THC in the plant (IIRC the UK requires below .03% of THC - I may be wrong here). The amount of THC in resin varies between plants over time, even with the same seed supplier. This is organic material, it does vary. Essentially, do not think you are protected from legal problems in prohibition land just because you are growing high CBD flower. :2c:

Also, your assumption that sensimilla is always the most resinous material can be found to be wrong in some cases. IME, intersex plants in some varieties/phenotypes can actually produce the highest resin content, more than seedless females. Skunkman Sam has mentioned this in the past too on hash church, in some cases intersex plants get better resin coverage than females. This will vary depending on what you have. What is most important is to focus on varieties and phenotypes that are known to produce large quantities of resin, which have the desired CBD content. Varieties that are known for CBD but yield low % of CBD and low overall quantities of resin are not going to be the most useful medically.

In your case, you may prefer to purchase the abundantly available pure CBD isolate from vendors in Europe (Isodiol is a tried and true manufacturer!). This is 99-100% crystalline CBD. Buy some blue river terpenes (DO NOT BUY OTHER TERPS AS I CANNOT SPEAK TO WHETHER THESE ARE CANNABIS DERIVED OR WHOLE TERP PROFILES - IMPORTANT FOR RATIOS - YOU MAY BE TAKING UNNECESSARY RISKS).

Mix 19:1 parts (CBD isolate:blue river terps) of your CBD and terps to create a formulation containing 95% CBD and 5% total terpene concentration. This will be comparable to rosin or solvent extracts made from Type III high CBD flower, with no risk of THC in your material. This should keep you out of trouble with the law which I assume is a goal if you consume CBD hemp derived material in the UK?

I suggest terp profiles from high CBD varieties for the best ensemble effect results. High myrcene terp profiles are also recommended for this.

Thanks for the info- I hadn't read about the type II/III chemotypes. That's also interesting about seeded plants sometimes producing more resin- it makes me wonder tho whether that's a percentage of the plant volume (whether seeded plants provide less flower but more resin on those flowers, in which case is there really much gains?)

I actually do use some high cbd crumbles with terps reintroduced to them. I have one lot of cbd crystals with terps which I don't enjoy as much as the 85%cbd + terps crumbles I have.

I get these crumbles/crystals from http://synergyofnature.co.uk/ if you wanted to check them out (based in the U.K.). They say their stuff is fully lab tested though I havnt requested the lab results. They have some crumbles with cannabis derived terpenes (from Origin Extracts in the US), and then other crumbles with non-cannabis derived terpenes. I looked at Origin extracts website not so long ago and have to admit I don't know whether they are in the same league as Blue River- do you know anything about Origin?

I only really use the crumbles to add a bit of an entourage effect whilst vaping Herb (which works really well!), or when I don't want to get trashed. The high cbd hemp I use for when I want to vape and not get wrecked... I don't really use cbd for any medical reasons (that I'm aware of lol).

Peace

herbalist33,
Reactions: Squiby

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I tried some homegrown that was grown from a high cbd/low thc and it was really wicked. Great body feel. Very clear headed high. Of course, these were good mid-grade quality, not medical grade. So yeah, I think it's totally worth it.

@herbalist33 your usage sounds like what I've been dreaming about, except I would gain some benefit on the medical side too. Especially the high cbd hemp. Stuff is so expensive. lol

Diggy Smalls,

herbalist33

I tried some homegrown that was grown from a high cbd/low thc and it was really wicked. Great body feel. Very clear headed high. Of course, these were good mid-grade quality, not medical grade. So yeah, I think it's totally worth it.

@herbalist33 your usage sounds like what I've been dreaming about, except I would gain some benefit on the medical side too. Especially the high cbd hemp. Stuff is so expensive. lol

Where are you, in the UK? I agree that the cbd crumbles are pricey, but if I'm honest, at the rate I use them, 500mg (which costs £40-£45 I think) would last me over a month easily. That's not to say they'd last as long for you, especially if you are using them for medical reasons, but for me I can justify the price because I can make them last so long and also because I can't throw my money on any nice thc extracts. Believe me, if I could get my hands on dabs like are available in the USA, I wouldn't even consider the cbd extracts (well, I prob would, just for a non-psychoactive hit). It really hurts knowing him paying more for a cbd extract than Americans are paying for super loud full spectrum extracts, but c'est la vie I suppose.

As for high cbd hemp, if you're in the U.K., I was getting mine from vapefiend, I think it was 25 or 50g for around £12, but using a discount code I was getting them for around £8 I think. Last I checked they didn't have any in stock, but it's worth a look... il try to find the name of the brand for you to look out for. Personally tho, if cbd is going to benefit you medically, I'd be more tempted to get one pot of crumble, and add a pin prick size to a bowl of herb in your vape- the amount I use is minuscule, but is still noticeable.

Peace

nomadicsoul34

Where are you, in the UK? I agree that the cbd crumbles are pricey, but if I'm honest, at the rate I use them, 500mg (which costs £40-£45 I think) would last me over a month easily. That's not to say they'd last as long for you, especially if you are using them for medical reasons, but for me I can justify the price because I can make them last so long and also because I can't throw my money on any nice thc extracts. Believe me, if I could get my hands on dabs like are available in the USA, I wouldn't even consider the cbd extracts (well, I prob would, just for a non-psychoactive hit). It really hurts knowing him paying more for a cbd extract than Americans are paying for super loud full spectrum extracts, but c'est la vie I suppose.

As for high cbd hemp, if you're in the U.K., I was getting mine from vapefiend, I think it was 25 or 50g for around £12, but using a discount code I was getting them for around £8 I think. Last I checked they didn't have any in stock, but it's worth a look... il try to find the name of the brand for you to look out for. Personally tho, if cbd is going to benefit you medically, I'd be more tempted to get one pot of crumble, and add a pin prick size to a bowl of herb in your vape- the amount I use is minuscule, but is still noticeable.

Peace

what effects do you notice if you dont mind me asking?

nomadicsoul34,
Reactions: Squiby

herbalist33

what effects do you notice if you dont mind me asking?

Hmm, that's a difficult one to explain really. I guess 'relaxed' would be a good term for it. Its definitely not a 'high', but a slight relaxing body-feel. I find it more noticeable when I add the crumbles to herb, but suspect it could be mainly the terpenes that cause the effect.

When I first got some of the cannabis-derived terpene crumble, I'd had a few herb bowls on my Vapcap and was nicely high, then I did a small dab of cbd crumble in the maud dib, and got a really nice body stone from it, it was quite noticeable.
I think tolerance builds up with it tho, so that's another reason why I use it sparingly.

Hope that helps.

Peace

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist

Preach brother! :) Tell me more about this 'hash church'...

In California you can get a number of different varietals with much higher CBD-THC ratios, but unless it's tested each time, you don't really know what actually GREW. Throwing odd phenotypes, no wait... chemotypes... (no sleep MUCHO medication) is pretty common, and then there's that whole 'varietal drift' thing :( Last batch of organic Pennywise (1-1 ratio, 15% each), last AC/DC (20-1, 15%, 0.74%), last Cannatonic (4-1, 16%, 4%), but it all boils down to testing.

I kind of got the impression that some of the Israeli varietals were 'in the wild', I dunno about the GW stuff... should be a good target to hunt for.

I remember some papers and companies expressing interest in engineering yeast strains that would output discrete cannabinoids, I wonder how that's progressed and what the results are like.

How rigorous is the testing in the UK and EU? Would REALLY want to see the contaminant testing if industrial hemp is being used. Greenhouse raised medical cannabis varietals should be vastly safer.

As I wade through a bunch of crises of late, it would be interesting to see if a 'sleep' blend could be achieved with CBN, and the appropriate terps (Myrcene comes to mind 1st). Where the thresholds are. Damn I could use THAT!

looney2nz,

Diggy Smalls

Notorious

Peace
I live in the US, but where mmj is a bad joke (NY state). I would order from the UK if it was to really come. I guess I'm not in the know for how to get cbd products that are good in the states legally where mmj is not a thing.

Diggy Smalls,

herbalist33

I live in the US, but where mmj is a bad joke (NY state). I would order from the UK if it was to really come. I guess I'm not in the know for how to get cbd products that are good in the states legally where mmj is not a thing.

Hmmm, well over here, and in a lot of eu countries, cbd products (that contain virtually 0% thc) are legal. Well, I say legal, but it actually confuses me in the UK, because as far as I'm aware, our laws don't specify that thc is illegal, but that 'cannabis' is illegal. I suppose it's all in the way you interpret it and the language that is used. I'm quite surprised cbd products are tolerated, but not sure if the government/trading/drug enforcement have actually cottened on to it yet.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure what the US laws are on cbd products, but I wouldn't be surprised if you can order them over the internet (even from retailers within the US). You just need to find virtually 0%thc products. Someone here would probably know if you're allowed to acquire them over there.

Peace

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Well, I went to a head shop and over payed for some cbd dab wax. I was a little hesitant, but I definitely feel it now.

I added it on top of my bowl and let the underdog do the rest. I went kind of high heat.... The wax disappeared quickly and I finished the bowl in one sip. It had a funky taste but not too strong. Then I did another bowl and really went a little heavy on the wax. Wow. It's a very clear headed high. So relaxing...I think it mellowed out and is extending my high. What a great feeling to have wash over my body. Thank you for the encouragement and sharing your story, @herbalist33 as that was the inspiration to give this a shot. Now I'll look into buying something online. It's a great effect but also expensive... Research time.

Top Bottom